PDA

View Full Version : Meet Nickelodeon's Trash-Mouthed Misogynist Jason Biggs

mikesilvia
09-28-2012, 01:40 AM
I am the mom of a 12-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy. They have been huge fans of Nickelodeon TV programming throughout their childhoods. We even took them to the Nick Hotel in Florida, where we stayed in a SpongeBob SquarePants family suite. But enough is enough.Like disgusted parents across the country, I put my foot down and am standing up for decency: No more Nick.This weekend, the Viacom-owned children's network will debut a reboot of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" TV series. One of the lead characters ("Leonardo") will be voiced by actor Jason Biggs....

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/28/meet_nickelodeons_trash-mouthed_misogynist_jason_biggs_115611.html)

duwal
09-28-2012, 02:01 AM
and????? Parents try regulating what your kids watch or actually do something instead of sit them in front of the TV and then complain about what's on there. Just about every parent that has an age appropriate child was at a young age during the time that Biggs did all of his American Pie movies and know the type of comedian that he is.

shrewsbury
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
so kids shouldn't watch any TV? and if this guy said similar stuff about Obama and muslims, Nic would have shut it down.

pghin08
09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Who procreated with Michelle Malkin?

Star_Cards
09-28-2012, 11:11 AM
hmm... my first thought is that since he's just doing a voice over it really isn't an issue as long as his statements or any similar aren't done by character on TMNT. There are tons of comics and actors who do very dirty standup and have done voice overs for disney movies and even acted in super family shows. Gilbert Godfreid and Bob Saget come to mind very quickly.

I get that actors represent the company they are working for and it's even more important when they are in an ongoing TV series, but I would have never heard about Biggs' twitter posts had I not read this article. I'm not a parent, but if I were, I'd have no issue with him being on this show or my kids watching this show. Why would small children ever know what someone else put on twitter? Even if they knew who Biggs is they probably wouldn't recognize him as a voice actor on this show. Maybe I'm not thinking of all angles because I don't have kids, but this seems like such a non issue to me and not really worth the time to protest or make a fuss about.

Star_Cards
09-28-2012, 11:12 AM
so kids shouldn't watch any TV? and if this guy said similar stuff about Obama and muslims, Nic would have shut it down.

that's just an assumption. I'm okay with talking about the hypothetical but you shouldn't state as 100% fact because we just don't know.

shrewsbury
09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
facts and truth are the same, whether someone thinks they are or not

mrveggieman
09-28-2012, 12:09 PM
This is really stupid. A lot of actors/actresses who make films and music catered towards adults also do voice overs in kids programming. It's no big deal. It's just another reach by the conservative right and quite frankly I am getting tired of it.

Wickabee
09-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Facts require proof, occasionally...

shrewsbury
09-28-2012, 02:35 PM
try it and find out

veggie, it is only ok when it is the other way around? you would be yelling all over the boards if it were

Wickabee
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
try it and find out

I was fine with your first post as it's pretty obvious it's an opinion.
When you outright state that your opinion is fact, I stop listening. So please, come up with some proof that Nic would shut down over comments about Obama.

duwal
09-28-2012, 05:08 PM
This is really stupid. A lot of actors/actresses who make films and music catered towards adults also do voice overs in kids programming. It's no big deal. It's just another reach by the conservative right and quite frankly I am getting tired of it.

Probably the same people that would protest the kids comedy 'Are we there yet?' because Ice Cube stars in it and we all know he had a history of music with vulgarity. Or should no kids watch any kind of projects that Vanessa Hudgens has done since she had posted fully nude pictures of herself when she was under 18? or little kids can't see the Lorax because Danny Devito is one of the main voices and he has been in some raunchy projects? Madagascar has Chris Rock? Were people protesting the movie because of his comedy specials? How about Eddie Murphy for the Shrek projects?

If people for some reason don't like it then don't watch it and shut up instead of trying to ruin it for others by trying to be holier than thou with your own personal reasons to be against it even if it has no significance to the actual project itself

Star_Cards
09-28-2012, 05:15 PM

I'm not following. what are you speaking about in this post?

Star_Cards
09-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Probably the same people that would protest the kids comedy 'Are we there yet?' because Ice Cube stars in it and we all know he had a history of music with vulgarity. If people for some reason don't like it then don't watch it and shut up instead of trying to ruin it for others by trying to be holier than thou with your own personal reasons to be against it

another great example.

shrewsbury
09-28-2012, 07:02 PM
am i in this thread? :confused0024::confused0024::confused0024:

Wickabee
09-28-2012, 07:46 PM
am i in this thread? :confused0024::confused0024::confused0024:

I thought you were, but you were asked to explain your comment by two separate people and haven't, so now I'd have to guess no.

gladdyontherise
09-28-2012, 07:56 PM

You really should quit grouping conservatives together and thinking they're all the same. I'm not conservative, but i'm not ignorant to the fact that each one of them think for themselves (well that's not true, but most of them do). I guarantee there are PLENTY of liberals who take issue with this subject, no?

The stereotyping taking place is really mindblowing.

Wickabee
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
You really should quit grouping conservatives together and thinking they're all the same. I'm not conservative, but i'm not ignorant to the fact that each one of them think for themselves (well that's not true, but most of them do). I guarantee there are PLENTY of liberals who take issue with this subject, no?
So why haven't you said that when all "liberals" get grouped together?

The stereotyping taking place is really mindblowing.

Along with omissions...

gladdyontherise
09-28-2012, 08:13 PM
So why haven't you said that when all "liberals" get grouped together?

I am a liberal, but I also don't group people together and don't agree always with liberal views, however from what I read, I don't really think those who are more conservative on here are trying to start arguements by making false stereotypes, for example. If that happened, my feelings would be different, but look at just about every thread, each of them seem start out the same way, instead of having mature debate, it's calling out the other side and saying ALL of them are the same and saying why this group is the worst thing ever.

Who cares if Biggs is doing the voice over, and how is it possibly fair to say it's ALL conservatives who have a problem with this and nobody else?

Wickabee
09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
I am a liberal, but I also don't group people together and don't agree always with liberal views, however from what I read, I don't really think those who are more conservative on here are trying to start arguements by making false stereotypes, for example.

I'm going to go ahead and vehemently disagree with you here. Go through posts of some of the conservatives around here. They do exactly that.

shrewsbury
09-29-2012, 11:34 AM
wickabee, it would mean, try it and see.

we already see the anti muslim film maker has been arrested
and south park was censored when it came to Islam

gladdyontherise
09-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm going to go ahead and vehemently disagree with you here. Go through posts of some of the conservatives around here. They do exactly that.

That's fine, I'm just saying when I see a thread posted, for the most part, it seems to start off the same way. Why does the stereotyping need to take place?

There are conservatives who probably take issue with Biggs being on a Nickelodeon show, and there are probably liberals who also take issue. Now I couldn't care less, personally. There is no possible way a little kid will know who Biggs is, or any movies he has done in the past most likely.

ensbergcollector
09-29-2012, 12:44 PM
i don't think the issue here is that no one should watch TMNT because of biggs' comments. i think the issue is that nickelodeon encouraged people to "get to know" the TMNT and included a link to biggs' twitter account right around the time he made these comments. That would appear (though obviously not the case) that nickelodeon supports biggs' comments.

what i mean is, should kids not watch lorax because of devito's old movies, of course not. should promotions for lorax link kids to his old movies, no. kids should freely watch "are we there yet" but promotions for the movie shouldn't link kids to his old music.

*censored*
09-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I guarantee there are PLENTY of liberals who take issue with this subject, no?

True. Wasn't it Tipper Gore who was pushing for massive music censorship in the 1980's?

Granted, most members of the PMRC were Republicans rather than Democrats (Tipper may have been the only lefty in the group, come to think of it), but still, it's not exclusively right-wing.

Wickabee
09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
That's fine, I'm just saying when I see a thread posted, for the most part, it seems to start off the same way. Why does the stereotyping need to take place?
Here's the thing. For the most part, there are two people who genuinely group conservatives together constantly. Others make comments that look like it, but you can't add "of course, not everyone is like this" to every post.
On the other hand, there are several conservatives who seem to post only to lump liberals together. Others make comments that look like it, but again...

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong in this case, but it's rare that anyone but one of the "regular liberals" here, says anything about conservatives doing this, but there's always someone present to take a liberal to task when they do it. It's a double standard that exists around here for some reason. Conservatives, feel free to lump all liberals together but liberals don't you dare lump all conservatives together.

It's kind of ironic, since the conservatives are on, solidified group who generally agrees with one another on most issues, whereas liberals are made up many groups with many differing and conflicting ideas.

But no, liberals are more guilty of "lumping". They must be. SOmething only gets said when they do it.

There are conservatives who probably take issue with Biggs being on a Nickelodeon show, and there are probably liberals who also take issue.
And on the other hand, there are members of both groups with no problem on this issue. It goes that way on every issue, but we only point out when leftists lump, not the right.

Now I couldn't care less, personally. There is no possible way a little kid will know who Biggs is, or any movies he has done in the past most likely.

Back to the issue, my thoughts exactly.

mrveggieman
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
wickabee, it would mean, try it and see.

we already see the anti muslim film maker has been arrested
and south park was censored when it came to Islam

Can you post the link to it? Thanks.

mrveggieman
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Probably the same people that would protest the kids comedy 'Are we there yet?' because Ice Cube stars in it and we all know he had a history of music with vulgarity. Or should no kids watch any kind of projects that Vanessa Hudgens has done since she had posted fully nude pictures of herself when she was under 18? or little kids can't see the Lorax because Danny Devito is one of the main voices and he has been in some raunchy projects? Madagascar has Chris Rock? Were people protesting the movie because of his comedy specials? How about Eddie Murphy for the Shrek projects?

If people for some reason don't like it then don't watch it and shut up instead of trying to ruin it for others by trying to be holier than thou with your own personal reasons to be against it even if it has no significance to the actual project itself

CHURCH!!! :love0030::love0030::love0030: