PDA

View Full Version : Mitt admits that he will raise taxes on the middle class

mrveggieman
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I can understand why the ultra rich will vote for romney. I can even understand that a racist will not vote for President Obama. My question is why would anyone who is not racist and or ultra rich vote for romney?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrW8ueZc4s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrW8ueZc4s)

Wickabee
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
A little bit of roundabout reasoning there. I don't think it says he's going to raise taxes on the middle class. For one, what he considers middle class would, in turn, leave most of us in the "homeless and destitute" category. Secondly, he didn't say anything about raising taxes, he just gave math that won't work and someone else said it could work if. That's not the same thing.

I think what's more concerning is that he has not come out with a plan to pay for his self-preserv...I mean tax cuts. SNL's opening skit last weekend kind of put it best:

Paul Ryan: What I said was I can do 100 sit-ups in 5 seconds. What I meant was I can do 5 sit ups eventually. Don't worry, I'm not a liar, I'm just terrible with numbers. Now, let's talk budget!"

I think that describes the Republican economic policies to a T.

shrewsbury
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I can even understand that a racist will not vote for President Obama.

there are plenty of racists voting for obama, samuel jackson would be one

Wickabee
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM

Way to take the part that has nothing to do with the point and try to make it the point.

mrveggieman
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM

I'm going to humor you. Let's say that every black person in america is a racist and will vote for obama. Blacks only make up 12 percent of the population. Why is Romney still projected to lose in a landslide?

Wickabee
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm going to humor you. Let's say that every black person in america is a racist and will vote for obama. Blacks only make up 12 percent of the population. Why is Romney still projected to lose in a landslide?

Way to take the bait and allow the point to be lost in another political racism argument.

mrveggieman
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Way to take the bait and allow the point to be lost in another political racism argument.

Yeah I know. People just keep rehasing the same old garbage over here. They are quick to point out the supposed flaws of their opponents while ignoring the same flaws when there side is 100x worse.

Wickabee
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah I know. People just keep rehasing the same old garbage over here. They are quick to point out the supposed flaws of their opponents while ignoring the same flaws when there side is 100x worse.

Yup, and now we have a thread about a real issue that's being turned into a thread we already have several times over, I expect a conservative to deflect from the issues instead of talking about them, lord knows that's Romney's strategy, but I thought it would take a few more posts before you got distracted from your own topic.

shrewsbury
10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
if you want to call someone a racist, call them all out, not just the ones you don't like.

wickabee, i used that to point out not even close to all racists are white

veggie, at this point it is a draw for me, so i could care less if romney loses by a landslide or a narrow margin, but if all blacks were racists, then i would be concerned.

if this election is about race, then we are all messed up

mrveggieman
10-01-2012, 12:04 PM
if you want to call someone a racist, call them all out, not just the ones you don't like.

veggie, at this point it is a draw for me, so i could care less if romney loses by a landslide or a narrow margin, but if all blacks were racists, then i would be concerned.

So I tend to believe that you do not fell that some blacks are not racists. Is that a correct assumption on my end? So my question to you is why are you are hot and bothered over one man who is not even a politician comments about how he is voting for? Is he the only one voting who has a racial bias? Is his vote going to turn the election? Is it that the racist blacks will unfairly put Obama back in office but there is no way a segmant of racist whites do not have the power to do that for romney? Please let us know.

Wickabee
10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I agree

He was talking about people who would vote for Romney/Against Obama. That does not include racists, or anyone who would vote for Obama, therefor the blacks who will vote for Obama is not relevant to this discussion. He wasn't calling out anyone as racist, just saying he understands why racists would vote for Romney. Again, he was talking about Romney voters, not all voters. Like I said, if you're going to call out one side, call out all I agree wholeheartedly. In this case, though, he wasn't calling anyone out, just voicing understanding.

I have a feeling you're lying, to yourself at least. I would bet money when it comes right down to it, you'll vote Romney. I'm not going to speculate as to your reasoning, except to say I don't think race plays into it with you.

Well, your country is pretty messed up, so...