PDA

View Full Version : Our Afghanistan Policy Ends in Failure

mikesilvia
10-02-2012, 01:10 AM
The war in Afghanistan effectively ended last week. We lost.The last of the surge troops President Barack Obama sent there were quietly withdrawn. They did not leave in triumph:• Taliban guerrillas dressed in U.S. Army uniforms attacked Camp Bastion in southern Afghanistan on Sept. 14, destroying eight Marine Harrier jump jets. It was our greatest loss of aircraft since the Vietnam war. For VMA-211, it was the greatest loss since the siege of Wake Island in World War II. The Harrier has been out of production for a decade, so the losses can't be replaced.More Harriers likely...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/02/defeat_in_afghanistan_115627.html)

mrveggieman
10-02-2012, 09:03 AM
So tell me again what was the purpose of the Afgan and Iraq wars?

Wickabee
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
So tell me again what was the purpose of the Afgan and Iraq wars?

The Afghan war was about reacting to a terrorist attack and attempting to bring those responsible to justice.
The Iraq war was planned well in advance to kill Saddam because he was an embarrassment to the Bushes and the Republican party as a whole and set up an American-friendly government so they could take the oil. The excuse they used just sort of fell into their laps.

mrveggieman
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
The Afghan war was about reacting to a terrorist attack and attempting to bring those responsible to justice.
The Iraq war was planned well in advance to kill Saddam because he was an embarrassment to the Bushes and the Republican party as a whole and set up an American-friendly government so they could take the oil. The excuse they used just sort of fell into their laps.

That's what media/gov't said but I also believe 9/11 to be a false flag operation. If they can stage a fake Iraq war, what's to stop them from staging the pretences for the Afgan war?

Wickabee
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
That's what media/gov't said but I also believe 9/11 to be a false flag operation. If they can stage a fake Iraq war, what's to stop them from staging the pretences for the Afgan war?
I think even Cheney would have had some qualms about killing so many of his own people. They let it happen, as they knew it was coming, but I don't think they had anything to actually do with it.

Semi-false flag, if you will, it was going to happen, they could have stopped it, but didn't. I mean, really, there's probably some liberal-type Muslims in the middle east who think Innocence of Muslims was a false flag.

Also, they didn't want to go into Afghanistan, they wanted Iraq. When they figured out the American public, as a whole, wasn't stupid enough to let "We were attacked by people in Afghanistan, so we're attacking Iraq in response," they went into Afghanistan too. That was the bump in their ultimate plan. They planned for one war in Iraq, but had to put one in Afghanistan as well, splitting their forces and turning both wars into Clutterbucks.