PDA

View Full Version : Houston couple to sell walter payton/barry sanders autograph card in hopes of having

Star_Cards
10-19-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/10/houston-couple-to-sell-walter-paytonbarry-sanders-autograph-card-in-hopes-of-having-a-baby/

I saw this story on HLN this morning and thought it was odd that it made national news. I was also shocked by the $20,000 estimate of what they thought it would sell for even if it's a 10 grade. There's a 9.5 listed on ebay at 4999.99 with best offer so I highly doubt they will get the $20,000.

Also, to each their own, but if they haven't been able to have a child after two failed in vetro attempts seems like a gamble to do it a third time. Personally I'd just adopt... or spend the cash on myself. lol.

MattDMC
10-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Saw this myself last night on the local news and my first thought was "How the heck do these stories make the News?"

20K they're dreaming, while I don't collect or follow football card prices I'm well aware of Sanders and Payton and can't see that selling more than $5000-7500 if that.

As for trying a third in vetro after two fails...I don't see a third going any differently than the first two (but I'm not a doctor by any means so who knows). I wish them luck and will hope it works for them though.

Who knows maybe this story will help them out and somebody with oodles of money will see it and the auction and give them their 20K for the heck of it. Thats about the only reason I can see that they reached out to have it put on the news.