PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy

NYJetsFuel
10-28-2012, 09:10 AM
For anymore who will be affected by Hurriane Sandy, I wish you all the best. I am right at the jersey shore between atlantic city and freehold township and live on bay front. Therefore, its gonna be a rough one. But being a catagory 1 isnt bad, its just the amount of stuff thats comin with the hurricane and another front colliding w/ eachother. Therefore I wish everyone on the east coast and even more inland the best and good luck!!! its gonna be rough the next week.

All The best!

ajcorleone
10-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I am in PA and they say it will blast us with rain Tuesday.Hopefully the snow does not hit too.All I can hope for is no long power loss or else i will be spending days emptying my sun pump with buckets.I hope it just passes thru and everyone stays safe.

Rybowski
10-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I am on the Eastern side of PA, and we are getting wind right now and off and on rain showers. Predictors at my work have us getting 4-4.5 inches of rain, which we really don't need right now.

Greengoblin782
10-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Good luck to everyone who may be affected by the storm. Just got my generator set up so I can plug my refrigerator and freezer in if the power goes out.

Zimbow
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Im in Va. Live within the Shenandoah Valley. We are expecting 2-6 inches of rain Monday and 2-3 on Tuesday. Also along with rain comes the gusts of wind. Also, early Tuesday morning, not only do we...

walker066
10-29-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm in Northern Delaware. We are expected to get 6-8 inches with the center of the storm hitting 20 miles north of me. My area is known for some flooding, so I checked my sump pump yesterday and cranked the generator. We are hearing a 7-10 power loss is we lose power. Not looking forward to this. Stay safe everyone.

mrveggieman
10-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Although I live in Georgia a lot of my family lives in the DC area. I am praying for everyone to pull through this storm.

JerseyCoast
10-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I am in Cherry Hill now, but we have a home on Long Beach Island right on the bay that we have boarded up. It was a mandatory evacuation on the island as of 4pm yesterday, so we got out. They have removed all emergency personnel off the island and have closed the bridges. As far as the reasoning for pulling them off? We are all shaking our heads. I know of several families that did remain, so I wish them all the best, and hope they are all safe.

Although we are inland we are only 56 miles from the coast, and seeing this monster is 1000 miles wide, we are going to be hammered here too! Right now 9AM, we have heavy rains and winds, but the center of the storn is not expected to reach us till late this afternoon into this evening. So we are just seeing the beginning of it. I am not worried about the flooding, my concern is the wind which is expected to gust to 70+ mph and we have numerous 60+ year old trees in our neighborhood, and I am worried about them coming down.

We wish everyone the best and stay safe!

Ed

pghin08
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm in Western PA, so just a bunch of rain here, stay safe East Coasters!

meuandthelot
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Be safe to the people in her path...

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/sandy-top-five-20121028

Zimbow
10-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Starting to snow in the Shenandoah Valley. It's very fine snow as well.

WVcoltsfan
10-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Im in the lower elevations of WV in the Elkins/Randolph County area. We have about 8 inches of snow in as many hours and were out of power for about 5 hours. I hope that things start to calm down as limbs are falling like mad here on the mountains.

My prayers to everyone on the east coast as it seems it could get nasty throughout the evening/night and following day.

TPotts
10-30-2012, 03:04 AM
Here in Berks County, PA. Hasn't been TERRIBLE up here, but quite still quite a bit of damage. Thankfully only lost power for a little, still raining and blowing like hell. Prayers go out to everyone, especially down in South Jersey!

Local News tells me we only have gotten 3 inches of rain, but It's definitely more

JerseyCoast
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Devastation on Long Beach Island!!! http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/7900229-chopper-view-of-devastation-in-long-beach-island-and-surrounding-area/

Looks like our shore house is gone. We were right on the bay. But after seeing this video, I am not very confident it is still there. I spoke to a few people already and they know their homes are gone. Contacted LBTPD and they are informing us we will not be able to access the island for at least a week to ten days.

On a brighter note, at least none of my pc or my store items were in that home, so at least I can continue to run my little business. Guess I really have to do some selling now LOL!

Sure glad I made the decision to leave, and not weather the storm. Property can be replaced, lives cant!

My thoughts and prayers go out to any other homeowners at the jersey shore, and hope others have faired better than I have.

Ed

bouncer
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I dodge a bullet in MD. My area got about 6-7 inches of rain and I lost power for over 17 hours, but it could have been a lot worse.

walker066
10-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Devastation on Long Beach Island!!! http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/7900229-chopper-view-of-devastation-in-long-beach-island-and-surrounding-area/

Looks like our shore house is gone. We were right on the bay. But after seeing this video, I am not very confident it is still there. I spoke to a few people already and they know their homes are gone. Contacted LBTPD and they are informing us we will not be able to access the island for at least a week to ten days.

On a brighter note, at least none of my pc or my store items were in that home, so at least I can continue to run my little business. Guess I really have to do some selling now LOL!

Sure glad I made the decision to leave, and not weather the storm. Property can be replaced, lives cant!

My thoughts and prayers go out to any other homeowners at the jersey shore, and hope others have faired better than I have.

Ed

Very upsetting seeing this happen. We slightly dodged the bullet in Northern Delaware. My fiance's family has homes in Sea Isle which was bad, but not as bad. Praying for you man.

CJ1510
10-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Here in Gloucseter County (Washington Township to be exact) we made it out ok. From what I know there isnt a ton of flooding and only some power is out. Thoughts and Prayers go out to everyone who was hit harder and lost homes, possessions, etc.

Triple Peanut
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
hope everyone did ok, i know some towns got hit hard. it was a non-event in south philly, wind and rain, no biggie. ate, drank, and sat on the couch waaay to much the past few days. wasn't sure if anything would be open on monday but most of the bars in my hood were packed. almost got blown over walking home that night...but that made it kind of fun :)
here's a pretty crazy pic of seaside heights boardwalk

Rybowski
10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
We lost 85 trees at the golf course that I work at in Fleetwood, PA. It is a disaster and it will surely take us about a month to get it cleaned up.

Greengoblin782
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
My street got really luck compared to the rest of my town. I only lost portions of my wooden fence in my backyard. Currently 80% of houses don't have power and most of the streets in town are closed off because of fallen trees and debris. It got so bad the mayor impemented a 6 pm to 6 am curfew till further notice.

Zimbow
11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Dang, After seeing the after math, we were really fortunate here to have a few flooded roads and downed trees. I hope everyone is doing well that was affected by Sandy.