PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the jokers on this site lately??

bootan
12-19-2012, 08:39 PM
I dont know if anyone saw it, but yesterday some bloke posted a thread about wcw autos he was looking to "trade" or "sell". He had a bucket and he had the Ric Flair auto and a couple of other biggies hogan, Hall, Hart. The thread is gone however????

Anyways i PMd him for proof and got nothing in return.................honestly

There's another joker claiming he has the Rey auto and you guessed it.......no proof.

As a die-hard collect of wrestling cards and mainly wcw topps its bloody annoying. Im over it.

I remember when I first found this site almost 2 years ago I started a thread asking "whats your most expensive wrestling card"? I wrote I had the Hak auto and was asked for proof right away (pretty sure it was geoffyb lol)..........its a common thing to do when claiming you have a pretty rare card, let alone the Flair wcw auto.................

anyways rant over.

geoffyb
12-19-2012, 08:49 PM
not sure what is going on. the guy claiming to have the rey used to post here under a different name until he got a bad rep which i called him out on. at one time well over a year ago he claimed to have the rey and posted the usual scan of the card ripped off from google or wherever he got it. i asked him about it later on and he said it was stolen but hre still had about 10 to 15 other wcw autos. i knew he just wanted attention and to clakm he had tne rey but was nice and let it slide. at one point earlier this year however he didnt make good on a deal we made and i had to file a paypal claim and he hanged his id on here at least once. you will always notice jt says he pc collects rey mysterio.

geoffyb
12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
also the guy who actually owns the flair i was told is not a member on any card forums and isnt really actively collecting.

bootan
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
look as soon as I saw his bucket I was like OK?? Didnt get excited or nothing but I dont understand why?? what do you get out of lying?? I just dont get it??

detroittigerfan76
12-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Their attention hounds

MARKELL
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Or maybe he has it and had anyone shown real interest in the card instead of assuming from the beginning that the"bloke" is just wanting attention or lying for whatever. The "bloke" would have provided the actual proof to someone via proper channels so as to not post his business for others to see, so the jokers you possibly refer to are the child like members who wish to down others because they refuse to post a pic of a card on the threads for reasons known only to the "bloke". That's what's wrong with sites like this u assume, u don't know, they have nothing to prove let alone o yes what they could possibly gain by a lie. This site is built on trust , the only trust need be feedback and your word as that's all u have, all anyone has but we can see who the real jokers are, so you can all send your hate messages, make your kiddie posts, and believe what u will several people know the truth, those are people not on this site, so call your names and ridicule the poster be immature as you are, it don't matter, I've never required someone I make deals with to provide proof, I went off word alone, they say they have it I trade for it and I ship first to provide trust and future trades, members who take and open threads like this need be barred from the site plain and simple

geoffyb
12-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Prove you have the flair...plain and simple.

bootan
12-20-2012, 12:08 AM
dude ill eat my words IF you post a pic.

y2jbrak
12-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Yeah I would love to see that dinged Ric Flair auto that popped up on eBay a good while back or maybe the other one I saw back in 2001? And I actually do have the $2000 or so needed to be serious enough in one of those Flairs. And same with geoffyb and judging from what I have seen in his collection, bootan too. Word alone may get you your first few deals here but also being able to back up what you say helps a bit too.

MARKELL
12-20-2012, 02:33 AM

bootan
12-20-2012, 03:01 AM
as much as i want to believe im still not convinced.

this is the pic i have of the card, notice that little camera logo on the bottom right corner?? the card you have posted is this exact card, the exact same one.

http://s1.postimage.org/npx8ul127/ricflair_topps.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
upload (http://postimage.org/)

can we get a scan of the whole card or a pic of the card on top of a magazine cover??? or a vid??? look man if you really have it good luck to you but I want 100% proof, do I sound like a dick?? yeah probably I do, but I have heard it so many times before with flair, with vampiro, with rey..............................

detroittigerfan76
12-20-2012, 06:46 AM
I guess we all should be banned for being dicks bout wanting proof of this card ive been burned on highend deals before on other sites. But that being said providing proof goes a long way towards a piece of mind for both traders involved.
I guess best way to look at it is if you were the onr trading to get the flair you would wanna see proof of this card too. Not being a "Dick" just being a concerned board member.
As far as this site goes this is the best site going lots of great members but lately it seems theres been an influx of deadbeat traders
So please just think bout bout that for a moment

snf_sportscollect
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
ok i dont wanna say the wrong thing but i actually put the pics side by side n looked at em closely.

1.i rarely ever seen were the autos were in identical spots n have streaks in the identical spots
2.y isnt the whole card show in pic with the name y cover the corner up
3.could it possibly b a printed picture?

just a few things i noticed

MARKELL
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
plain and simple u asked i posted yet still not good enought, but it doesnt really matter because i closed the thread and card is not being offered, so doesnt surprise me

DwightWall122
12-20-2012, 05:37 PM
:sign0087::pop2:

Eagles1fan7
12-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah I have to agree with the other guys looking at both pics very closely, it's the same card. That's fine if you don't want to post a pic of it but just know that others are not going to trust you and not going to want to deal with you now.

booyahlaw
12-20-2012, 08:43 PM
It is not rare for collectors to ask for some sort of provenance to accompany a rare item. Thus, any potential buyer worth their salt is going to ask for further assurance on such an item, and any seller would understand that, accommodate to the fullest extent, and not get too upset about it. However, if you do not want to sell it, that is cool--you shouldn't get salty though when some of the high end collectors on here (who are trying to build great sets themselves) want further confirmation. That would be like pulling out a T206 Plank and getting bristled up when someone casts doubt upon it. If it were me that had it and initially came on here with that Flair, I would provide all photographic proof necessary just to lay it on our collective shoulders. But alas, my collection is weak and I cannot show off like that in this arena.

From my understanding, isn't there only one of these cards? someone told me that the guy who originally sold it on ebay got it from jimmy hart, or something like that.

booyahlaw
12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
In fairness, the alleged "bloke" has a strong feedback history on here--so I don't know what the benefit would be to be telling tall tales about the Flair autograph to this bunch. He may have it. In any event, i am saving my money for the 2012 Topps WWE HHH autograph that I am sure will be hitting ebay in a day or two . . .

y2jbrak
12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
It is not rare for collectors to ask for some sort of provenance to accompany a rare item. Thus, any potential buyer worth their salt is going to ask for further assurance on such an item, and any seller would understand that, accommodate to the fullest extent, and not get too upset about it. However, if you do not want to sell it, that is cool--you shouldn't get salty though when some of the high end collectors on here (who are trying to build great sets themselves) want further confirmation. That would be like pulling out a T206 Plank and getting bristled up when someone casts doubt upon it. If it were me that had it and initially came on here with that Flair, I would provide all photographic proof necessary just to lay it on our collective shoulders. But alas, my collection is weak and I cannot show off like that in this arena.

From my understanding, isn't there only one of these cards? someone told me that the guy who originally sold it on ebay got it from jimmy hart, or something like that.
Well I have seen one of these Flairs back in 2001 and who knows where it came from and where it went thanks to eBay. As for the second one, it may have come from Jimmy Hart but it was Jimmy's son, Jimmy Jr. selling it on eBay. It was dinged as I remember it. I can also vouch for the fact that it was Jimmy Jr. selling it as I have bought several autos from him in the past and kept proof such as photos and address labels.

bootan
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
yes i remember it was jimmy hart jr who sold the flair, that is the only one i saw.
seriously is it asking for too much just to get 100% proof?? i mean only one card possibly 2 have ever surfaced.............anyways like i said ive heard it all before.............

if there ever was a seious seller who has some of the rarer wcw auto cards for sale ill fly over to the US in a heartbeat to get them.

Greengoblin782
12-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I took a look at both scans and it seems like by Ric Flairs first name on the left there is a major space before reaching the edge but on the other card there is hardly any space.

booyahlaw
12-20-2012, 10:26 PM
yes i remember it was jimmy hart jr who sold the flair, that is the only one i saw.
seriously is it asking for too much just to get 100% proof?? i mean only one card possibly 2 have ever surfaced.............anyways like i said ive heard it all before.............

if there ever was a seious seller who has some of the rarer wcw auto cards for sale ill fly over to the US in a heartbeat to get them.

No, in fact you would be crazy not to get 100% proof on an expenditure of that nature (especially online).

Is the one in the pics in this thread the Jimmy Hart Jr. one or the "2001 one"?

bootan
12-20-2012, 10:43 PM
yes im sure it is, the flair that i saw on ebay was a few years ago defenetely not 2001.

y2jbrak
12-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Take a closer look at Markell's pic at the bottom part of the left hand side of "card". There is white gap there like the card wasn't trimmed straight. Also as you can see the scanner "fuzz" above the autograph and then look...Same fuzz on the other pic. As for the 2001 Flair, I was really deep in collecting this WCW/NWO set and I saw it up for grabs right around Christmas time 2000. I had just bought a Hogan and a Jericho on eBay for just over $200 for the pair and saw the Flair. I wanted it but alas it went for around $300 or so as I recall. Maybe someone else remembers it too?

Eagles1fan7
12-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Also on both pictures, the pressure points on the card (Bottom of the R in Ric, the Bottom of the F in Flair, End of the C in Ric etc) also those pressure points are identical on both cards. Would be extremely hard to duplicate that.

ChosenOne719
12-21-2012, 01:33 AM
yes im sure it is, the flair that i saw on ebay was a few years ago defenetely not 2001.

the one you saw was is the 2009 auction

http://www.beckett.com/news/2009/10/a-hobby-rarity-lands-on-ebay-a-1998-topps-ric-flair-autograph/

YouthSuicideLives
12-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Is there any hard evidence that more than one flair exists? I was under the impression that there was only 1.

impactwrestling
12-21-2012, 01:30 PM
well, other then the obvious things already said about the signature its self, i looked at the rest of the card. i took markells pic (on the left) and the ebay pic (on the right) i took the ebay pic into photoshop and changed the perspective a bit to closer match his card...or said card.

as you can see, all these lil marks and such (circled in red) match up perfectly.
(bigger pic can be seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/scorpiospear/flair.jpg )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/scorpiospear/flair.jpg

his is lighter then the other card. the reason for the color mis match? he printed off the picture, then put his signed paper next to it, covering up the camera pic in the corner. instead of doing that, i woulda just shopped the camera pic out. but hes obviously not that skilled. myth busted.

y2jbrak
12-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Is there any hard evidence that more than one flair exists? I was under the impression that there was only 1.Nope no hard evidence. I think I am the only one here that remembers one from back in the day. And truthfully I never checked up on its authenticity. Could have been fake even then.

Stewman
12-22-2012, 12:15 AM
So, you see a scanned page with the date on it and you still don't think that is proof? Wow. Tough crowd. I am currently in a trade with Markell and he has 55 feedbacks that are all positive. If you still don't trust what he has shown, let it be. Don't be posting this crap about a member that has 100% positive feedback. He has shown it and you still need proof, not his problem anymore.

geoffyb
12-22-2012, 12:31 AM
So, you see a scanned page with the date on it and you still don't think that is proof? Wow. Tough crowd. I am currently in a trade with Markell and he has 55 feedbacks that are all positive. If you still don't trust what he has shown, let it be. Don't be posting this crap about a member that has 100% positive feedback. He has shown it and you still need proof, not his problem anymore.

You are kidding right? Look at the scan he presented us with. There is no way the "Ric" is that close to the edge of the card. These are from my collection. Compare where the names are in relation to the edge of the card.

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/geoffyb/Other%20Sports/wcw1_0002.jpg
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/geoffyb/Other%20Sports/sting.jpg
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/geoffyb/Other%20Sports/wcw1_0006.jpg
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/geoffyb/Other%20Sports/buff_0014.jpg

Stewman
12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Sting and Psychosis are close to the edge. What's your point?

ChosenOne719
12-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Sting and Psychosis are close to the edge. What's your point?

i think he might mean the printed name not the auto

geoffyb
12-22-2012, 12:42 AM
yes the printed name

Stewman
12-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I see. It was how the card was cut. There are plenty of cards out there that have been cut awkwardly. I have a few myself. Trust me, card cutters aren't perfect just because they are machines.

bootan
12-22-2012, 03:57 AM
mate i have been collecting wcw topps autos since 1998, I have never, and I repeat never seen a card cut like that. case closed.

Stewman
12-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Like I said, I have some cards that are cut funky. It happens.

impactwrestling
12-22-2012, 01:47 PM
so not only does he have a rare flair auto, its also miscut? man, hes got a 10000000000 card now. /sarcasm.

Ray33
12-22-2012, 09:16 PM
anyone need the giant or barbarian auto?

Stewman
12-23-2012, 02:38 PM
so not only does he have a rare flair auto, its also miscut? man, hes got a 10000000000 card now. /sarcasm.

Actually miscuts devalue the card when it comes to grading.