PDA

View Full Version : Gerneral question

jmcraven
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
My apologies if this is the wrong place, but it looked the closest.

I'm wondering about sending something to a private address you find via web research. Is it common to do that, or is it a little stalkerish?- I don't want to put somebody off, but I looked around on the internet and the only thing I could really find was a home address.

comfortably9numb
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
yeah a lot of people do that for TTM stuff...i've done it to a couple people myself...I wouldn't mail 10-15 packages to them lol but I think its okay, just be prepared that if they DO think its creepy then they will just throw it out, so don't send anything very valuable

also, who is it? If they are an athlete, you can try to send it to their agent, or to the league offices (such as the NFL or NHL offices), or you can try a sponsorship place, for example I've sent stuff to Callaway for Morgan Pressel, but those are usually less likely to work I think

NY Sports Teams
01-23-2013, 03:39 AM
My apologies if this is the wrong place, but it looked the closest.

I'm wondering about sending something to a private address you find via web research. Is it common to do that, or is it a little stalkerish?- I don't want to put somebody off, but I looked around on the internet and the only thing I could really find was a home address.

I'm an in-person (IP) auto guy. I have not sent a through-the-mail (TTM) auto request yet but have bought a certain person's address list's, which many people use, a couple of times including this years versions. I don't think of it as stalking unless you show up on someones front doorstep. Some people will sign through the mail from their home and some won't. I think a lot of the older guys appreciate being remembered. On the other hand I think many of the younger guys who make millions don't want to waste their time. I think that's the rule and not the exception when it comes to these younger guys signing. I think the older guys used to have pride in their graphs as opposed the the chicken scratch you get from guys now. I talked to Bobby Doerr at a show and told him how much the collecting community appreciates him signing through the mail. He said he is always pleased to do so just as long as someone is not sending a whole bunch of items at once.

...Rick