PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Treasures- Autographed Baseball Edition

GrandSalami
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I recently got my first one and luckily got Fausto Carmona :icon_roll .. What the funny thing is the day I got the ball is the day he started his HORRIBLE week of walk off hits and home runs. Still, have any of you guys got one of these packages and what did you get?

spuds1961
08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
i got one last year traded a monte irvin autographed card for it my baseball had a bobby crosby autograph would have rather had a bing crosby oh well,there not bad but it is pretty hard to pull anybody major take care spuds

GrandSalami
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Thats not too bad. ROY.

GrandSalami
08-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I guess it's not a very popular item.

Dillywill
08-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I get there graded football stuff....rarely will you get lucky and actually pull a "star"

darthtampon
08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Anything made by tristar is garbage. You are basicly buying mystery lots on ebay except it comes from and actual company. I busted probably 10 boxes of hidden treasure bb cards and all I recieved was a little warmth when I bunt them all. Who really need 38 will clark star cards that do not even book a dime. As for the auto baseball the only nice thing is that you know it is authentic but for $40-$50 a pack (what they seem to sell on ebay for) you could go out and buy a signed ball with a reputable coa of 95% of current players and a whole lot of retired ones and know exactly what you are getting.

asujbl
08-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I will trade for the Carmona Baseball

Gkeenan
08-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Anything made by tristar is garbage. You are basicly buying mystery lots on ebay except it comes from and actual company. I busted probably 10 boxes of hidden treasure bb cards and all I recieved was a little warmth when I bunt them all. Who really need 38 will clark star cards that do not even book a dime. As for the auto baseball the only nice thing is that you know it is authentic but for $40-$50 a pack (what they seem to sell on ebay for) you could go out and buy a signed ball with a reputable coa of 95% of current players and a whole lot of retired ones and know exactly what you are getting.

When I first read this post I was going to post the same thing...but I didn't because I was not sure if the OP was referring to the same product that I was thinking about...I'm sure of it now...this company should be ashamed of itself!!! I tried to sell a lot of these on the bay and nobody even looked at it...:icon_roll

****edited to say**** see I was wrong...should have kept my trap shut...lol

GrandSalami
08-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Well I think the Autographed Baseball packs were a good idea. I don't think they are "trash" or anything. If I had the money to buy some more, I think I would. Maybe I was just lucky to get Carmona, but from what I have heard no one I have talked to has gotten any unknown player.

JonoBono
08-12-2006, 03:15 AM
My friend got an El Duque (SP?) Plus one that was signed by both Bill Buckner and Mookie Wilson, back when they put out the history balls.

GrandSalami
08-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Wow, thats really nice. Maybe this product isn't that risky after all.

darkqug
08-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I bought a Tristar Red Sox Edition box, and got a ball signed by Jay Payton, who played, oh, 2 months for the Red Sox! I was miffed.

GrandSalami
08-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I know someone who would really want that ball.

darkqug
08-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I know someone who would really want that ball.

Oh yeah? I'd might be willing to part with it. :new_silly

Who is your friend?

GrandSalami
08-12-2006, 05:40 PM
He is a HUGE Jay Payton fan. He doesn't come on the boards though.

darkqug
08-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh, well maybe we could get in contact over email. If he wanted to buy, we could do a sale through SCF under your name, perhaps.

GrandSalami
08-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Well what's your selling price?