PDA

View Full Version : 500 HR Club Authentic??

gerald hewitt
08-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Got a Ron Lewis Litho here which comes w/ a COA from Richard Howard's Sports Collectibles in OH. Looks like it could be a fake...anyone know this authenticator and or any info on this 11x14 matted and framed piece from the late '80's??

It was advertised as 11 autographs from Mays Aaron Mantle Williams Schmidt Banks Matthews McCovey Jackson Killebrew and Robinnson.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/benryan45/500.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/benryan45/500cert.jpg

pwaldo
08-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't know about the authenticator but it is one of the most produced fake items out there.

gerald hewitt
08-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes, I am aware of this...the matting looks old and the litho's backside shows signed indentations and through the back some sigs show up darker than the print itself...the sigs are beautiful and if forged are remarkable!!!
Please help me out on this...I can return it if it isn't authentic....

br.ett
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Can you get a bigger picture?

gerald hewitt
08-30-2008, 03:49 PM
can see it better in my bucket...

br.ett
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Got nothing to lose...go to PSA/DNA and ask them

gerald hewitt
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM
You mean online?
Got nothing to lose...go to PSA/DNA and ask them

thegadd25
08-30-2008, 11:41 PM
well i want it either way, ! how much did you buy it for?

gerald hewitt
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
The thing to do is to return it to the seller so that the responsibilty is theirs. I won't be reponsible for charging you for a fake...reputation you know!!

thechamp24
08-31-2008, 10:39 PM
The thing is, ANYBODY can come up with a Certificate of Authenticity. They are worthless unless its from a big time company, like PSA/DNA or Steiner.
As for that piece, I want to say the auto's look legit and real, but you never can really know for sure. If it is fake, I gotta say kudo's to whoever that could've pulled that off lol

will22clark
08-31-2008, 10:46 PM
looks good to me.I had the same litho awhile back and the signatures looked just like mine but like they say ''you never know''.... id psa/dna it.After that, it can be worth double

gerald hewitt
09-01-2008, 07:29 PM
...of course as I keep looking at each individual signatures, I can see strokes which are not appearing to be "on top" of the colors of the litho...at least the seller seems to be reachable and not disreputable!

parsetdx
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I remember how upset my Dad and I were when we missed the Atlantic City sports cards show that had all those players in one place signing those prints - as you indicated it took place back in the late 80's when I was still in my youth and very much into the hobby (and my boyhood hero Mike Schmidt). It wasn't cheap to get all of their signatures at that show, but it sure would have been worth it.

As for the authenticity - that certificate seems pretty useless, but that doesn't mean that PSA won't come back with the same result. I would look for an upcoming card show that has PSA / JSA onsite and take the print into them there. My guess is it won't be cheap to authenticate the whole thing, but I am pretty sure a PSA certified litho saying all 11 sigs are legit will significantly increase the value. Just my guess.

Let us know how it comes out.

Josh

yankeeman
09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
look up the company that authenticated it
and see if they exist lol

http://www.internettollfree.com/retail-consumer-goods-services/collectibles/collectibles/howard-sports-collectibles-rare-coins/viewlink.html\

i dont know if its the right howard sports collectables but u can call them and ask about it

gerald hewitt
09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Yep, I called and emailed...no response...