PDA

View Full Version : Authentication Question

BBCARDWAREHOUSE
11-18-2008, 10:48 PM
have you guys had this or heard of anyone that has sent memorabilia out to be authenticated and got it back saying that it was a fake?

What happens if you where the one that had it autographed and know that its real but they say it is not??

What do they do?

Do you get in trouble?

Chuck-17
11-21-2008, 05:42 PM
I have never had anything rejected and I do not personally know anyone who has had an item rejected. If you check the PSA DNA website this is what they will do with items they feel are not authentic.

Q: What will happen if the PSA/DNA experts do not think my autograph is real?

A: It will be returned with a brief explanation as to why our authenticators did not conclude that the autograph was genuine.

So they will just return the item to you.

wca
12-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Although, if you send THE SAME item back to PSA/DNA, chances are they will authenticate them as genuine.

You can't really trust ANY company that "authenticates" autographs because in the end, you are paying for somebody's "expert" opinion. If they believe it's fake, they will mark it as fake. If they believe it's real, they will mark it as real.

I've read stories where reporters have tested the system and got their fake photos authenticated as genuine and similar stories where authentic sports dealers have got their authentic memorabilia marked as fake!