PDA

View Full Version : got some news about the 2009 dodger caravan today!!!

chrisborene
01-09-2009, 08:51 PM
the dodger caravan is a good place to go obtain in person autographs as i did go to one stop in 2007 , and both stops in 2008, i wrote the dodgers website last night and got a response back saying the dates for the caravan will be february 3rd and 4th, and also said the dates and times as well as the tentative player lineup will be listed on the dodger website within 2 weeks of today. so i'll plan on being at the events just a matter of where they are, hopefully they will have a few guysthat are in my 1983 topps set signing there. im hoping one will be held at the universal citywalk, that was a fun one to go to last year cause they gave free upper deck seat ticket vouchers too. when i know more knowledge of what's going on where, ill add to this post.

---chrisborene

metrotheme
01-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Chris -
Are you willing to 50/50 on Tommy Lasorda? I have a baseball card I would like signed from him. Your help would be greatly appreciated if he's a part of the caravan.

chrisborene
01-10-2009, 11:44 PM
you mind me asking what a 50/50 is?

derk2428
01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
do you know where its going to take place yet?

chrisborene
01-11-2009, 01:14 PM
i didnt get any other info but that it was going to take place on the 3rd and 4th of february, when i find out more ill put it on here

metrotheme
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Chris -
A 50/50 means that I would send you two cards of Lasorda, indicate which one I would want signed, and then you keep the other card of Lasorda so that you have something to get signed as well.

you mind me asking what a 50/50 is?

dicekmvp
01-11-2009, 11:56 PM
When the list of players come out, please tell me because I might want to do 50/50 for them too

propete23
01-12-2009, 02:58 PM
A lasorda would be kinda nice since he is from my hometown Phoenixville, PA

LET US KNOW!!!

chrisborene
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
what happens is usually they split the players that are appearing at each event in 1/2, then they post A sign who is going to be in each line, and you wait in line,usually about 5-6 players in each line,they move pretty fast,1 item per person,soi usually bring my wife with me to get double the stuff signed, god i hope manny re-signs with the team and by some miracle is at this event i got an authentic jersey , a bat and a pic of dodger stadium auto'd by 22 dodgers, ill tell more about this event later

chrisborene
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
on the first day of the dodger caravan last year it was held at this place called yankee doodle's in santa monica,ca. you had to purchase a 10$ meal/ ticket wristband deal. i got there super early before 9 am and there were about 50-60 people there by then, me and my wife got in a line that had sweet lou johnson, russell martin, matt kemp, tommy lasorda and hall of fame spanish brodcast announcer jaime jarrin, my wife gave them each my big 2x3 foot dodger poster to sign, i gave tommy , jarrin, and sweet lou my dodgers oldtimers ball to sign, and matt kemp signed my current dodgers ball, martin signed his dodger bobblehead given away at the stadium a few years back, there you could take pictures of them just not with them, which kinda sucked, but hey free auto's i'm not complaining, ill list day 2 in a quick second here......

chrisborene
01-13-2009, 12:47 AM
this event was held all the way in universal city,ca and the universal citywalk, once again my wife took my la dodgers poster and this time got james loney , brad penny, ken landreaux, and spanish announcer pepe yniguez, and she also got tommy lasorda to sign a hat, i got loney , landreaux, and lasorda to sign a dodger logo 8x10 pic , pepe yniguez signed the oldtimers' ball, and brad penny signed a game used ball,used by him, that i bought at dodger stadium the year before that. at that event dodger workers were also giving away free top deck dodger ticket vouchers as well so thanks to them i went to 3 games for free last year

it's likely that when they announce the lineups for this year i'll try to stand in lines of people that i haven'tpreviously got, and let's hope manny will be signed with the team, and be at that event. i will consider 50/50 for some people, but since im really wanting to get manny , and clayton kershaw none of those two players.sorry.

i hope that gives a little inside to people who are intrested in attending these events, just remember , get there early, bring at least an extra person with you,(mainly to hold a place in line,pretty hard to hold your bladder for 6-8 hours) and bring an assortmentof stuff to get signed, the only thing i know for sure, is that tommy lasorda will NOT sign baseball bats

if anyone has got any other ?'s please put a post on here

---chrisborene

chrisborene
01-18-2009, 01:02 AM
still no updates yet on the dodger caravan , when i got some new info i'll post it on here for everyone.

---chrisborene

Incident57
01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
may be a long shot - I would be interested in Joe Torre

chrisborene
01-23-2009, 11:45 PM
if he were to be there,probably not likely i would do any 50/50 for him i got two items for him i need signed, sorry :O(

Incident57
01-24-2009, 09:07 AM
if he were to be there,probably not likely i would do any 50/50 for him i got two items for him i need signed, sorry :O(

no problem - good luck

shoemajt
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I'd like a ManRam.........I'd expect a line of chaos to meet him though. I doubt he would be there.

chrisborene
01-24-2009, 10:22 PM
man i got way too much stuff for him to sign too (authentic jersey, bat, and picture) if he was to be there, and not enough people to go along with me, sorry man

chrisborene
01-26-2009, 07:18 PM
i just got off the phone like 2 minutes ago with a dodgers rep by the name of justin and he assured me that the info for the caravan will be up and on their website by thursday evening as they still were compiling names and places that they were going to be that were going to be open to the public, he also stated that they were having a bit of trouble getting the info together so when i see the info i will pass the necessary info along to the sportscardforum.com population

---chrisborene

chrisborene
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
with it also being so close to time for this it doesnt appear manny will be there, unless he signs with them in the next day or 2 and he is an unannounced guest being there.

---chrisborene

chrisborene
01-30-2009, 09:59 PM
i had been busy for the past few days, but it turns out there is only going to be 1 major day of getting autographs this year, kinda a bummer since the last 2 years there have been 2 days of signings

it will be held at the la live, which is right across the street from the staples center

stars that will be there will be andre ethier, hiroki kuroda, blake dewitt , legendary manager tommy lasorda, one of the many dodgers color commentators charley steiner, and former players steve garvey, fernando valenzuela, tommy davis and rudy law

what they will do is break the groups of players into 2 groups, and you will get in whichever line you prefer,( im hoping for a line of something like ethier, kuroda or dewitt, and like garvey , fernando and steiner) i already got autos on my main piece im working on (a 2x3 foot dodger poster) of lasorda & tommy davis so hopefully, im hoping they both will be in a line together so i could go into the other also got ethier, dewitt, lasorda, fernando,davis and law on other various items.

if you get there like at like 5 pm you should be ok to get into one of the lines, good luck dodger fans in getting autos here on tuesday the 3rd

---chrisborene

dicekmvp
01-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Any chance that you could get Kuroda for me?

chrisborene
01-30-2009, 11:41 PM
since they are a 1 per person autograph deal i don't think i can, i have at least 2 items im deciding about getting graphed. i am also taking my wife with me and she has an item for him as well, sorry dicekmvp, i wish i had a 3rd person going i would consider it then, sorry once again

---chrisborene

Ethier16
02-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Do you have any info on how it's going to work on sat? Can anybody get autos?

chrisborene
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
well im getting my stuff ready for all players for tomorrow, and bringing a few extra generic dodger items incase some of the peoples appearances change.

and for the last guy who asked about saturday, i've never been to the sendoff to spring training, but what ive heard from others, that they don't really sign at that, so your best bet would be to go to tomorrow's event

wish me luck, ill post my success from the event on wdnesday

---chrisborene

chrisborene
02-05-2009, 05:48 PM
here are my successes from the 2009 dodger caravan, here are some really quick notes from the event,

tommy lasorda did not attend the event, but brad ausmus was inplace of tommy, and charley steiner was only introducing the players

me and my wife ended up getting

andre ethier- signed a 2x3 foot poster and an 11x17 pic of me and andre
steve garvey signed the 2x3 foot poster and my 1983 topps dodger card, only need 10 more autos to complete the set
rudy law signed the 2x3 foot poster as well as an 8x10 photo
and blake dewitt signed the 2x3 foot poster and a mini statue of the inland empire 66ers stadium( had a really nice area on the outfield grass to sign

also got charley steiner to sign the dodger poster as well after i got all my stuff signed

9 autos combined , not a bad haul

i also looked at the inside dodgertown video clip on the dodger website and saw 3/4 of me on the clip getting my stuff signed(head got cut off) but my beautiful wife got on( it's the clip where a small girl got something signed

---chrisborene

derk2428
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
do you know how its going to work saturday?

chrisborene
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
do you know how its going to work saturday?

sorry, i do not know as i have never went to the stadium on the sendoff day when they send off all the equip. as far i as have heard though there is really no chance of getting auto's there, if there was i would definitely consider going to it, if you are going just for that purpose, i would almost advise not to go

---chrisborene