PDA

View Full Version : What about a Super Collector tagline?

BroknBusted
01-31-2009, 09:19 PM
I know the Football forums has a thread going to become a Super Collector. I think it's a great idea! I think we need to get one going one here for teams. Anyone interested or know how they got theirs going?!? Chuck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Nairb06
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
i would be interested, but i have no clue how lol

iowa49erfan
02-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Chuck has mentioned to me that there is a good possibility that this may be happening.

I'm sure there are quite a few steps that need to be put into place before this happens, I think one of the main things that needs to happen is that the amount of traffic for the memorabilia forum needs to be increased.

Chuck-17
02-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I am working on the Super Collector program for the memorabilia forums. I am looking at basing it on teams since most people seem to collect team as opposed to one player. I always like to hear new ideas and input so if you have any suggestions feel free to post them or let me know.

Thanks,
Charlie

iowa49erfan
02-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I am working on the Super Collector program for the memorabilia forums. I am looking at basing it on teams since most people seem to collect team as opposed to one player. I always like to hear new ideas and input so if you have any suggestions feel free to post them or let me know.

Thanks,
Charlie

That would probably be the best way to approach it. When it comes to memorabilia you can only collect so many things of one person.

How exactly do you think the rules will work for this as far as percentages or what determines one might be a super collector for memorabilia?

mstng99tim
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I collect memorabilia from the entire city of Pittsburgh. Would there be a way to do a city instead of a team??? I have TONS of stuff from the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, Pitt Football and Basketball.

xpress34
02-05-2009, 07:57 PM

Thanks,
Charlie

Chuck -

Is there anyway to make it Team or Player for Memorabilia??? If you just do team, then I'm still out in the cold with my Matt Holliday collection - I was shut out of the 'normal' super collector status because even though I have Matt's 1st MLB Jersey and his 1st WS Hat and things in-between, I don't have enough of his regular issue cards for them to consider me for Super Collector Status.

All the best -

Chris

P.S. - I could probably make a good run for Nolan Ryan memorabilia Super Collector Status as well.... ;)

iowa49erfan
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
I think with this type of thing there are going to be several different ways that it could be approached, just as the card super collector is. There are so many different variables that could be looked at but almost impossible to put a strict set of rules to it.

I agree that not limiting it to a player because there are only so many things that you can purchase memorabilia wise of one player.

Sticking to a specific team would be the best way to go. Now, deciding how to set up some rules to get to the status might be tricky. Any suggestions on how to do that?

As I mentioned before, the main thing that needs to be done is the amount of traffic needs to be increased throughout the memorabilia section.

mstng99tim
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Any new word on this? I'd like to see it happen.

iowa49erfan
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Last thing I heard is that they were working on it, nothing past that point though.

Helpful huh? lol

Bondsaway
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Theres alot to be considered to do this. Sure Chuck is just trying to get everything in place.

See if I can't get him to give you guys an update.

sebredsox24
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
i group my memorabilia by team as well, Celtics, Red Sox, Cowboys, UCONN. This sounds like a great idea!

BroknBusted
03-12-2009, 08:14 PM
My suggestion would be for the regulars on this thread to come up with criteria for what everyone would think qualifies. Wether it be for a whole team or a single player, I think either is great as long as it consist of memorbilia and rare items, not cards.

I think it should be based on size of collection, items entailed in the collection, and variety. You can have collectors who collect strickly mini-helmet autos who would be eligible with collectors who collect everything from game used items to 8x10's. If we can come up with a core group of 5-6 guys who can decide if the collection meets the requirements, I think that would be a good way to go.

I know for me at least, my collection is so varied, it would be hard to nail it down to one or two specific items. I have things ranging from rare team dolls, to rare helmets, to first season tickets to game used to...well you get the point.

Suggestions?!

Chuck-17
03-13-2009, 04:01 AM
This has been my fault for not getting this finished up. I am out of town this weekend but I will have something submitted for final approval by the end of next week. I want to see this up and going soon. We have some members with amazing collections and the deserve to be recognized.

If you want to submit ideas to me go ahead and send them to me in a pm or post them here. It might take me a little while to get back to you this weekend as I am out of town but I will review all of them and get this all finished up. Thanks for your patience.

Charlie