PDA

View Full Version : Gary Carter and Bud Harrelson at LI Ducks Tix Sale

JustinBerl
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Went to the Ducks sale on Saturday morning hoping to get Carter on a few things as well as Harrelson.

Was about 15th on line for the signing in the Ducks team store. Carter would only sign LI Ducks items for Free, anything else was $25 a signature, another $10 or $15 for HOF Inscriptions with the money going to his Charity. I didn't bring my checkbook but had enough cash for 2 items, so I got him on an 8x10 and my 86 Mets Jersey.

Harrelson wasn't charging and I needed him on my 1969 Mets Bat and a couple other items. He signed them all graciously and we talked for a few minutes after I mentioned to him that we share the same birthday (June 6th)

Here is a scan of my Carter 8x10
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh261/JustinBerl/garycarter.jpg

metrotheme
03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
I realize that there were quite a few people that were there to get his autograph and then bounce, but I didn't like the fact that on the FIRST DAY he was available to the public at the stadium, that he was asking for money. At least they should have made it 1-per if you bought tickets on whatever you had. They told me this is going to be the case all year for any non Ducks memorabilia. So yes, to get your 10-cent common signed, it's gonna cost you $20 bucks. To get your OMLB signed instead of a plastic Ducks baseball that isn't going to hold the signature, it's going to cost you $20, this is after you PAID to get in at the game. I don't think I've heard of an active player charging AT THE GAME, after you paid to get into the stadium for an autograph.

JustinBerl
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I was one of the people who only went to get his autograph and I didn't mind paying, because the trip from Queens to Islip is close to an hour and going to games just isn't do-able for me.

I think on Saturday it should have been if you bought tickets then you got 1 thing signed for free and if you didn't buy tickets then you paid for anything you wanted done.

I saw about a dozen or so hounds that I was with outside of Shea Stadium on Locker Cleanout day on line waiting to get him as I was walking out of the store. They all had tons of stuff in their arms waiting to get done.

propete23
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
So did anyone get Bud Harrelson on a baseball or anything? I am looking for a Harrelson auto and would love to trade for it.

PLMK what the autos were on? I really like to add to my collection

Pete

JustinBerl
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
So did anyone get Bud Harrelson on a baseball or anything? I am looking for a Harrelson auto and would love to trade for it.

Pete

Harrelson is a great TTM guy, I've gotten him on a Ball and a couple of photos c/o this address

357 Ridgefield Drive Hauppauge NY 11787

slitz
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM

Pete

hit him up when they come to lancaster. thats what i plan to do with carter

Chuck-17
04-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I love that 8x10. Very nice item.