PDA

View Full Version : Edgar "KiKi" Diaz (Early 90's Milw Brewer)

deeakay
04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey SCF!

Anybody help me with Edgar Serrano Diaz addy? It may be in PR.

From the Milwaukee Brewers of the early 90's.

I met him one night during the All Star break as a middle schooler after my dad's softball game here in Wisconsin. He was shocked I knew who he was (and that I ignored Jamie Navarro). He was playing SS for the injured Billy Spiers.
He later called my family over to his table and talked with us, played darts with my parents and got their "drink on".
He signed a napkin and waitress Order paper and promised me some tickets for me and my family....

We got the call from the family he was staying with, that he did indeed leave us 6 tickets at Will Call for a Mariners game. We went to the game and he looked for me at the game. He signed my baseball (OOPS! the one that had the Brewers greats from 1984!) and told me to meet him down there after the game (especially if they won) to go in the dugout/locker room... I didn't get down there in time for that and wonder what that would have been like if I had listened to my dad, who told me get my butt down there long before I actually tried!

indyreds
04-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry the only addy that I found was an old RTS from PR. I love the story and wish I could help you out. Anyone have a clue on this one?

propete23
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
very cool story... I remember getting Griffey's auto while in AA ball. Prob my BEST TTM EVER!!!

Its always cool to hear stories of baseball players being cool to kids.

Pete