PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Game-Used Wristbands, Gloves, etc.?

Edwards2Evans
05-25-2009, 12:12 PM
I've seen a lot of people on here get players game-used wristbands, batting-gloves, even shoes, etc. after the game. I was wondering when and how's the best way to ask?

"Excuse me XXX may I please have your batting gloves?"

That would be kind of weird for me to ask that but IDK...

bob9826
05-25-2009, 01:21 PM
what i do is at signings ask them what they do with there game used items at signings at like meijer promo signings or i ask them if they have any worn out Battings gloves for example and if i can pay for shipping. ( i have some coming from a player so keep a look out for a thead) but at the stadium ask Mr._____ can i please have _____. by using the one at the stadium i got walter herman and kwame brown head bands on the same day at a pistons game

Edwards2Evans
05-25-2009, 01:58 PM
what i do is at signings ask them what they do with there game used items at signings at like meijer promo signings or i ask them if they have any worn out Battings gloves for example and if i can pay for shipping. ( i have some coming from a player so keep a look out for a thead) but at the stadium ask Mr._____ can i please have _____. by using the one at the stadium i got walter herman and kwame brown head bands on the same day at a pistons game

Oh cool. I don't go to any private signings because there's none in the area, if there was I couldn't afford them. I'll try the line at the stadium though!

Edwards2Evans
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
bump for any tips...

BigDaddy132
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I saw a lot of Bills players give them up at training camp last year.. Kids just asked for them..

Edwards2Evans
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I saw a lot of Bills players give them up at training camp last year.. Kids just asked for them..

Aww that'd be awesome. If only I lived close to Buffalo...

BigDaddy132
05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Aww that'd be awesome. If only I lived close to Buffalo...
My parents live 5 minutes from St John Fisher College where the Bills training camp is...My company gave me tickets for training camp, but the players seemed to save that stuff for younger kids..They were all pretty accessible for autographs though.

Cubbieblue29
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Just a little story. At the bears games, the players always throw their gloves up when they are in the tunnel. My friends' season tix are over there so we get them alot.

NOlowryVA
05-27-2009, 10:06 PM
ASK. have no shame. the players will not remember you. The worst they can say is No

Edwards2Evans
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Good advice from everyone, thanks.

Willis 52
06-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Yep at 49ers games they do the same thing. Toss of the gloves at the end of the game. Honestly i dont know if its like this for other teams. But for the 49ers. The absolute best thing to do is goto their home facility, where they train on the day after the last game of the season. This is the day the players clean out their lockers.

Last year i went out there and was able to get a Joe Staley Game used Auto shoe, Frank Gore game used Auto Shoe, Delanie Walker game used Auto shoe, and a few others. Plus gloves unlimted and a few autographs. I know a few players like the Linemen Heitman came out and gave away like 2 of his game used jerseys from the season.

Thats probably your best opportunity. But ya everything these guys say above is true. At training camp, as the players are walking into the locker room or stopping to sign autos, i usually just say Hey Josh "Morgan" or hey Delanie, can i get those gloves man. And they usually never have a problem with it. Gloves are like nothing because they just get more the next practice anyways. Also if you know their nicknames, that will sometimes get their attention more. Like for instance, delanie walkers nickname is D-Love. So i would be like Yo D-Love, whats going on man.. and he will instantly hear that and know your a fan of him. But ya dont be afraid of them, honestly they are like you and me(just with millions).

baseball5605
06-19-2009, 02:46 AM
My first memoraboilia grab was when I was liek 12 or 13 and it was the year before carl crawfrod debuted for the rays. I asked him for his gloves and he told me they were mine if I walked up and told this one braves heckler to shut up. That was at spring training tho which is where i've had my best luck gathering gear

BullsFan23
06-24-2009, 01:44 AM
At games alot of times they'll just take off their gloves/headband/etc. and toss them into the crowd on their way back to the locker room. You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Edwards2Evans
06-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Great stories and advice guys. I go to ST in AZ every year mostly for the autos though. Usually I leave in the 6th - 7th inning because Spring Training baseball gets boring especially when your favorite team (Sox for me) aren't playing. So next year I should stay the entire game than go down to the tunnel after or where's the best spot? Because it seems like baseball players never listen to you after the games they're just in a rush to get to the locker room.

Thanks

E2E

Edwards2Evans
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Bump, for advice about minor league baseball