PDA

View Full Version : Match the Basketball Staff Member with the Facts!

garnett_21
06-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Welcome to

SCF's Match the Basketball Staffer to the Facts game!!!

Simply match the fact given with the current basketball staffer, and win the prize! Here is a list of the basketball staff for reference:

trevorp121

garnett_21

JammingJames23

ponyboy

PPPanthersGM

Facts:

Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey.

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose.

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9.

I love Star Trek!

I can type at 90 words per minute.

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times.

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team.

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot.

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather).

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points.

I was born on an Indian reservation.

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing.

Rules:

1) One post per member - no editting!
2) All SCF members with a feedback rating of 5 or higher are allowed to participate, EXCEPT any current or former SCF Staff members/MITs.
3) Deadline to enter is July 12, 2009 at 11:59 PM CDT.
4) If someone gets all the facts matched to the staffer correctly, the contest ends then. If noone gets all the correct answers by the deadline, the first person to have gotten the most answers correct will win.
5) NO HINTS! If you are caught asking for hints, you will be disqualified - NO EXCEPTIONS!

Now, for the best part - the prize!

2006-07 SPX Josh Boone RC #d/1199 GU/AUTO

Good luck to everyone!

xSquatx
06-28-2009, 02:24 AM
I pick Evan (ponyboy)

sportyryan101
06-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. - PPPanthersGM

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose. trevorp121

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. garnett_21

I love Star Trek! ponyboy

I can type at 90 words per minute. JammingJames23

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. PPPanthersGM

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. trevorp121

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. garnett_21

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). JammingJames23

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. - ponyboy

I was born on an Indian reservation. trevorp121

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. JammingJames23

gladdyontherise
06-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. PPPanthersGM

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. ponyboy

I love Star Trek! JamingJames23

I can type at 90 words per minute. garnett_21

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. ponyboy

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. ponyboy

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. ponyboy

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). JamingJames23

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. PPPanthersGM

I was born on an Indian reservation. JamingJames23

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. garnett_21

FootballCardFreak
06-28-2009, 11:09 AM

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. ponyboy

I love Star Trek! JamingJames23

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. ponyboy

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. PPPanthersGM

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. ponyboy

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). JamingJames23

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. PPPanthersGM

xSquatx
06-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh I failed. I thought it was one person.

trevorp121
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Oh I failed. I thought it was one person.

go ahead and make another entry.

xSquatx
06-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. trevorp121

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose. PPPanthersGM

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. garnett_21

I love Star Trek! JammingJames23

I can type at 90 words per minute. trevorp121

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. garnett_21

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. trevorp121

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). PPPanthersGM

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. garnett_21

I was born on an Indian reservation. ponyboy

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. ponyboy

JesRey
06-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Facts:

Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. garnett_21

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. JammingJames23

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. Ponyboy

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. trevorp121

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. PPPanthersGM

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). garnett_21

HIJACK12
06-29-2009, 02:20 AM

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose. Ponyboy

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. PPPanthersGM

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. PPPanthersGM

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. trevorp121

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. trevorp121

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. ponyboy

garnett_21
06-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Bump for more entries!

NickRadz23
06-29-2009, 12:38 PM

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. trevorp121

RichSlyFox14
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. JammingJames23
I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. garnett_21
I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. JammingJames23
Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). ponyboy
I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. garnett_21
I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. trevorp121

garnett_21
06-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Bump for more entries!

sports collector
06-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. pppanthersgm

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose. ponyboy

I love Star Trek! treverp121

I can type at 90 words per minute. ponyboy

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. jammingjames23

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. jammingjames23

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). trevorp121

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. ponyboy

dwighthoward
07-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. - PPPanthersGM

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. garnett_21

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). JammingJames23

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. - garnett_21

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. JammingJames23

RenegadeLonghorn
07-02-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't know you guys as well as I thought! :smash:

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. trevorp121

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. garnett_21

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. ponyboy

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. PPPanthersGM

trevorp121
07-02-2009, 02:26 AM

LOL, you should have stuck around a little longer.

sportyryan101
07-02-2009, 06:19 AM

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. trevorp121

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. garnett_21

The rules say no former mods :tongue0011:

garnett_21
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Sorry Ash...

Rules:

2) All SCF members with a feedback rating of 5 or higher are allowed to participate, EXCEPT any current or former SCF Staff members/MITs.

Otherwise you would've won...12/12...lol, just kidding

underdawg
07-02-2009, 04:47 PM

tennisdevils
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. garnett21

I love Star Trek! jammingjames

I can type at 90 words per minute. jammingjames

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). garnett21

garnett_21
07-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Bump!

abradley08
07-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Facts:

PPPanthersGM

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose.ponyboy

I can type at 90 words per minute. jammingjames23

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times.
PPPanthersGM

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team.jammingjames23

PPPanthersGM

garnett_21
07-06-2009, 10:50 PM
6 days left to enter!

Enigma
07-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I guess "my favorite teams are the Clippers and Celtics" would have been too obvious as we all know that's Trevor...

RenegadeLonghorn
07-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Sorry Ash...

Otherwise you would've won...12/12...lol, just kidding

I didn't see the part. Hmm sounds like a conspiracy to me! :rant:

garnett_21
07-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I guess "my favorite teams are the Clippers and Celtics" would have been too obvious as we all know that's Trevor...
So true, so true!

I didn't see the part. Hmm sounds like a conspiracy to me! :rant: :sign0020: Don't worry, we'll have other contests that you can participate in! :-)

andreasmjohnson
07-07-2009, 07:15 AM
ponyboy
I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose.
trevorp121
I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9.
PPPanthersGM
I love Star Trek!
trevorp121
I can type at 90 words per minute.
trevorp121
PPPanthersGM
I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team.
JammingJames23
I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot.
JammingJames23
garnett_21
I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points.
JammingJames23
I was born on an Indian reservation.
ponyboy
I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing
garnett_21

ponyboy
07-07-2009, 01:34 PM
WOW.. :confused0068: umm........there's some people gettin some PM's for sure :rant::fighting0050: :frusty:

LOL Evan~~

tmac
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey.ppanthersgm

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose.trevorp121

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9.garnett_21

I love Star Trek!jammingjames23

I can type at 90 words per minute.jammingjames23

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times.ppanthersgm

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team.ppanthersgm

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot.garnett_21

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather).garnett_21

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points.trevorp121

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing.jammingjames23

garnett_21
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
4 days left to enter!

gmoney168
07-08-2009, 08:06 PM
The Trevor or Nathan contest:

Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. Trevor but he switched to basketball because he got hit too hard in hockey

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose. Trevor but he actually had his head cracked open 5 times by Pete Rose before they did those things. He was just laying on the floor unconscious so he couldn't eat and couldn't hear the stories when they were happening

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. Nathan

I love Star Trek! Trevor cause he looks like Mr. Spock

I can type at 90 words per minute. Nathan

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. Trevor when meeting Pete Rose

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. Trevor but the score part is an exaggeration

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. Nathan

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). Definitely a weird hobby of Trevor's

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. Trevor but he never played a single second

I was born on an Indian reservation. Trevor

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. Trevor, they are all green, definitely not purple or gold

Sorry to spoil the future contest...

gladdyontherise
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
:sign0020: :pound:

I like your thinking! I'd ban Trevor & Nathan before they do it to you though...

#50 Tyler Hansbrough
07-09-2009, 12:53 AM
The Trevor or Nathan contest:

Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. Trevor but he switched to basketball because he got hit too hard in hockey

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose. Trevor but he actually had his head cracked open 5 times by Pete Rose before they did those things. He was just laying on the floor unconscious so he couldn't eat and couldn't hear the stories when they were happening

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9. Nathan

I love Star Trek! Trevor cause he looks like Mr. Spock

I can type at 90 words per minute. Nathan

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. Trevor when meeting Pete Rose

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team. Trevor but the score part is an exaggeration

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot. Nathan

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather). Definitely a weird hobby of Trevor's

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. Trevor but he never played a single second

I was born on an Indian reservation. Trevor

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing. Trevor, they are all green, definitely not purple or gold
Sorry to spoil the future contest...

lol!!!! too funny!!!!

garnett_21
07-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Bump! Under 3 days left to enter!

garnett_21
07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Bump! About 30 hours left to enter!

garnett_21
07-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Last day to enter!

wmhc28413
07-12-2009, 11:50 AM
[quote=garnett_21;5920750]

trevorp121

garnett_21

JammingJames23

ponyboy

PPPanthersGM

Facts:

Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey.PONYBOY

I once met, ate dinner with and heard stories from Pete Rose.PPPANTHERSGM

I once scored 29 of my teams 45 points in a youth basketball league when I was 9.GARNETT_21

I love Star Trek!JAMMINGJAMES23

I can type at 90 words per minute.GARNETT_21

I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times.TREVORP121

I was on a youth basketball team, and although I could shoot and score, my ADD caused me to forget the plays, and I was cut from the team.GARNETT_21

I once scored 45 of my teams 63 points in a high school basketball game without taking a single 3-point shot.PONYBOY

Aside from sports, my other main hobby is meteorology (weather).JAMMINGJAMES23

I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points.TREVORP121

I was born on an Indian reservation.PPPANTHERSGM

I am so organized to the point that I color-coordinate my clothing.GARNETT_21

garnett_21
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Less than 3 hours to enter!

tyude2
07-12-2009, 11:47 PM

garnett_21
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
The deadline has passed, so this contest is over. Here are the correct answers!

Before I joined SCF, my favorite sport was hockey. garnett_21

I love Star Trek! PPPanthersGM
I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. trevorp121
I played on a youth basketball team that went undefeated and won by an average of 30 points. JammingJames23

And here are the results, in order of entry:

sportyryan101 - 1/12
gladdyontherise - 2/12
FootballCardFreak - 1/12
xSquatx - 1/12
JesRey - 6/12
HIJACK12 - 3/12
NickRadz23 - 4/12
RichSlyFox14 - 1/12
sports_collector - 2/12
dwighthoward - 2/12
RenegadeLonghorn - 7/12 (ineligible)
underdawg - 6/12
tennisdevils - 4/12
abradley08 - 3/12
andreasmjohnson - 4/12
tmac - 3/12
wmhc28413 - 2/12
tyude2 - 3/12

Congratulations to JesRey for being the first person to get 6/12 correct! underdawg gets an honorable mention for also getting 6/12 correct. And, an honorable mention goes to RenegadeLonghorn for getting 7 correct, but because he is a former mod, he was not eligible for this contest.

Thanks for playing everyone, and be sure to watch for more contests!

gladdyontherise
07-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Your favorite sport was Hockey?????

And you never told me this? lol

trevorp121
07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Your favorite sport was Hockey?????

And you never told me this? lol

He's from the North, what do you expect.....:whistle:

gladdyontherise
07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
He's from the North, what do you expect.....:whistle:

I'm from the North and took like Hockey :winking0071:

trevorp121
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm from the North and took like Hockey :winking0071:

...:rolleyes:

gladdyontherise
07-13-2009, 11:58 AM
...:rolleyes:

Yea i know, someone from the North whos team is the Red Wings and doesnt like Hockey, its crazy..lol

i dont want to watch grown men crying like babys and getting into cat fights, i'd rather just sit back and watch UFC!

underdawg
07-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Yea i know, someone from the North whos team is the Red Wings and doesnt like Hockey, its crazy..lol

i dont want to watch grown men crying like babys and getting into cat fights, i'd rather just sit back and watch UFC!

Haha.

I don't think there is ANYONE in Houston that likes hockey.

The only time I hear about hockey is on ESPN.

Honorable mention for me! :) YEA!

garnett_21
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM
You probably weren't listening when I told you Dan...lol

JesRey
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Woooo thanks everyone.... I actually expected to have like 8 of them right lol

thanks for the contest

tyude2
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
did underdawg not win because he posted after jesrey

garnett_21
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
tyude2 -

4) If someone gets all the facts matched to the staffer correctly, the contest ends then. If noone gets all the correct answers by the deadline, the first person to have gotten the most answers correct will win.

sportyryan101
07-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I did great! 1/12! Woo-hoo!!!

tyude2
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
ok, thanks

tmac
07-13-2009, 10:16 PM
dang i only got 2 right geeze:smash:

JesRey
07-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm just happy i got more than Dan

tyude2
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
plus bragging rights

JesRey
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
plus bragging rights

Yeah

:love0030: I did it as a rookie too

gmoney168
07-14-2009, 02:42 AM
I have cracked my skull open, and received stitches because of it, 5 different times. Trevor when meeting Pete RoseAt least I got one right...

JesRey
07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I received the card today, thanks for the contest guys

RenegadeLonghorn
07-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Holy cow. I guess I did know you guys pretty well. I just guessed on practically every one too.