PDA

View Full Version : Value of 1962 Gordie Howe and Johnny Bower Autographs (Saskatoon Senior Quakers)?

Ryan123
08-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone. I appreciate any help you can offer, I know extremely little about sports collectables. But I told my mother-in-law I'd look around to try to get a value of something for her. Back in the 1950s/1960s her father owned a hockey team in Saskatchewan called the Saskatoon Senior Quakers, and in 1962 at a dinner celebrating the team the special guests, along with the mayor, chief of police, etc., were hockey players Gordie Howe (also the guest speaker, and his photo is on the front of the program for the dinner), Johnny Bower of the Maple Leafs, and Glenn Hall of the Chicago Blackhawks. Howe and Bower both signed the front of the program for the dinner; the program is a fold-open booklet that upon opening it consists of the cover (Howe's picture and where he and Bower autographed), the two inside pages have details, and then the back page has a picture of the team.

So, I guess in some ways it is a piece of memrobillia for an old Saskatchewan hockey team; but I guess to appreciators out there it is more so desirable for the Gordie Howe and Johnny Bower autographs. Any idea what price range I should tell her to ask for it? I'm sure she appreciates any insight you can offer.

Thanks! Ryan.