PDA

View Full Version : Tulo Cycle!!! And 1st use of Replay @ Coors Field

xpress34
08-11-2009, 01:57 AM
The wife and I are just home from watching the Rox DECIMATE the Cubs... 11-5... 7 RBI for Tulowitzki!!!

We had Club Level seats but sat front row right behind the Cubs dugout for the 1st 5 innings!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/RoxGm52Tix.jpg

Tulo became the 5th Rockie to hit for the cycle and the 265 overall in major league history.

What an awesome night!!! Too bad he missed the Grand Slam (reply used to determine for the 1st time ever at Coors Field) but he then hit a single to help with the cycle.

Chris

Nairb06
08-11-2009, 02:08 AM
I watched that game on Tv and ive gotta say Tulo shoud NOT have gotten the cycle.

On his triple, first soriano kicked the ball when picking it up (thats an error) and then they could have EASILY thrown him out at third, but the relay guy made a terrible throw to third missing everbody. that should have been a double with TWO errors.

but.... i do think that hit should have been a Grand Slam.

xpress34
08-11-2009, 02:22 AM
I watched that game on Tv and ive gotta say Tulo shoud NOT have gotten the cycle.

On his triple, first soriano kicked the ball when picking it up (thats an error) and then they could have EASILY thrown him out at third, but the relay guy made a terrible throw to third missing everbody. that should have been a double with TWO errors.

I agree with you on the Slam, but the way that they usually score is based on what the player is doing and Tulo didn't slow at second and then dig for third when Soriano booted it - he was digging for three the entire way. it was either going to be a triple or out at third from the time the ball went past thrid base down the line.

Second time that a Rockies player had a cycle with a questionable score by the official scorer... when Dante Bichette hit the 1st one, he got the single in the 10th inning to win the game - TECHNICALLY it should have been a ground rule double as it short hopped the wall, BUT because the winning run was at 2nd (considered scoring position on a deep single) the scorer only awarded Bichette the 1 base as that was all he needed to push the run across.

REDANDGOLDPRIDE
08-14-2009, 04:15 PM

I was just gonna say the same thing, except for the Grand Slam.