PDA

View Full Version : Please rate my teams! :)

the_future
08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
I have 3 different teams this year...

Team 1:

STARTERS:
QB: Kurt Warner
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Michael Turner
RB/WR: Derrick Ward
WR: Eddie Royal
WR: Dwayne Bowe
TE: Tony Scheffler
D/ST: Dolphins
K: David Akers

BENCH:
QB Matt Cassel
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Darren McFadden
RB Fred Taylor
RB Julius Jones
RB Felix Jones
WR Donald Driver

Team 2:

STARTERS:
QB: Donovan McNabb
RB Adrian Peterson
RB/WR: Brian Westbrook
WR: Chad Ochocinco
WR: Laveranues Coles
TE: Kellen Winslow
D/ST: Packers
K: Robbie Gould

BENCH:
QB Jason Campbell
QB Michael Vick :winking0071:
RB Dominic Rhodes
RB Tim Hightower
WR Isaac Bruce
WR Kevin Curtis
TE Brent Celek

Team 3:

STARTERS:
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
RB: Jonathan Stewart
RB/WR: Jamal Lewis
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Brandon Marshall
D/ST: Panthers

BENCH:
Tim Hightower
Jerious Norwood
Leon Washington
Laurence Maroney
Patrick Crayton
Jason Campbell
JaMarcus Russell

Which one of my teams is the best? Also, I would be interested to see how you rate each team individually... 1-10 or A-F. Thanks!!!

Vickfan7
08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
How in the world do you get both AP and Turner on the same team in 2 leagues?

OnePimpTiger
08-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I have the same question...I'm assuming keeper league or draft pick trades, because there's no other explanation for that.

I have 3 different teams this year...

Team 1:

STARTERS:

BENCH:
QB Matt Cassel
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Darren McFadden
RB Fred Taylor
RB Julius Jones
RB Felix Jones
WR Donald Driver

Pretty good team, but the WRs are a little weak. No solid #1 WR (Royal might end up being a FF #1, but right now he's not considered one) and only Driver on the bench. Package a combo of Stewart, Taylor, and/or Julius for some WR, no need for 8 RBs and 3 WRs. The RBs are very solid, like Ward and love McFadden at the flex. I say keep them and maybe Felix and ditch the rest for some WR help. I'd give it a 8/10.

Team 2:

STARTERS:
RB Adrian Peterson

BENCH:
QB Jason Campbell
QB Michael Vick :winking0071:
RB Dominic Rhodes
RB Tim Hightower
WR Isaac Bruce
WR Kevin Curtis
TE Brent Celek

Don't like Ocho and Coles starting, if Palmer's not back to his 2005/6 form, you're in trouble. Curtis and Bruce aren't quality backups. Hightower could be ok depending on how healthy Wells is, but there's a good chance Wells takes most of the work in Ariz. Rhodes I don't care for. Great starting RBs, solid QB, weak at WR. 7/10

Team 3:

STARTERS:

BENCH:
Tim Hightower
Jerious Norwood
Leon Washington
Laurence Maroney
Patrick Crayton
Jason Campbell
JaMarcus Russell

Which one of my teams is the best? Also, I would be interested to see how you rate each team individually... 1-10 or A-F. Thanks!!!

Like the QB situation, I think Campbell and Russell should have pretty good years, one at least will be a serviceable backup. I don't like Stewart or Lewis starting at RB. DeAngelo is the real deal and Stewart's only going to get the leftovers and Jamal Lewis is old and busted and is being pushed for the starting position by rookie James Davis (GO TIGERS!). None of the backups are start worthy on a regular basis. Fitz is automatic, but Marshall is causing problems and, even if he plays from week 1, I wonder how he's going to do with all the off the field issues. Crayton is not a solid #2 option if Marshall struggles. Again, I would package some of your RBs for a better #2 RB and/or an upgrade at WR 2/3. Overall, 6/10.

I like the first team the most by quite a bit, by far the best starting lineup. I am very curious how you ended up with certain player combinations (Peterson/Turner, Peterson/Turner/Westbrook, Jones-Drew/Fitzgerald/Brees).

Star_Cards
08-30-2009, 02:52 PM
wondering the same thing. also on the third team, how did you get QB: Drew Brees, RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, and WR: Larry Fitzgerald?

I'm assuming all three are keeper leagues.

STARTERS:

BENCH:
QB Matt Cassel
RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Darren McFadden
RB Fred Taylor
RB Julius Jones
RB Felix Jones
WR Donald Driver

team 1 is very nice. great starters and string bench.

Team 2:

STARTERS:
RB Adrian Peterson

BENCH:
QB Jason Campbell
QB Michael Vick
RB Dominic Rhodes
RB Tim Hightower
WR Isaac Bruce
WR Kevin Curtis
TE Brent Celek

team two is strong at RB (still not sure how you got those three) but your WRs are weak. Plus I don't like having two starting WRs from the same team. Your bench isn't very strong at all which will hurt even more in games where the bengals get shut down.

Team 3:

STARTERS:

BENCH:
Tim Hightower
Jerious Norwood
Leon Washington
Laurence Maroney
Patrick Crayton
Jason Campbell
JaMarcus Russell

this is probably your second best team overall. I don't realy like Stewart having to be your #2 RB and jamal lewis is so questionable. The issues with Marshall this last week isn't good either, but he could get it together. Even still you only have 1 backup WR. I'd try to find another one and drop russell. There's no need to have three QBs. I have brees in one of my other leagues and am not even carrying a second QB at the moment. I used those picks to take flyers on WRs and RBs. As for your bench, I think hightower could end up helping you out, but your other guys are questions marks or handcuffs to players you don't have. You may have some troubled waters ahead during the bye weeks for your studs.

the_future
08-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys! Surprisingly, these were not keeper leagues. Both of these leagues were on ESPN and they were the "auction style" where you get $200 to fill 16 spots. I spent about $140 on Peterson and Turner in both leagues.

bloomis1307
08-31-2009, 04:24 PM
it might help if you told the scoring format and number of teams imo