PDA

View Full Version : I caught Eric Young Jr's 1st MLB Home Run!!!

xpress34
09-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Well, not really caught, but I am the one who retrieved it!!!

I am getting some MLB TV links and will post pics and the whole story tomorrow...

Got it last night - just home from tonights game and a late dinner...

- Chris
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... here's a link to the video:

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/medi...42667&c_id=col

And here are some still shots:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29379&stc=1&d=1252475437

That's me in the Black jersey going up the tunnel to the left...

I'm a disabled vet so I have an ADA account with the Rockies and every now and then I use it and buy WC (Wheel Chair Companion) Seats in the 'pit' (front row in Left Field) below the grandstand.

I was sitting in Section 151 Seat 9 (9 seats from the wall of the 'tunnel') and as soon as I saw the ball come off the bat, I was out of the seat and on my way. The ball went over my head as I was turning into the tunnel and bounced off the back wall right back to me.

Steve Burke (Rockies Head of Guest Services) who I know was at my seat within a minute of me retrieving the ball. If you watch the video, you can see that I am turning into the tunnel about the time the ball came over my head...

Anyway, having met both EY and EY Jr before, I wasn't about to haggle about it. I gladly turned it over to Steve and went and met EY Jr after the game by the dugout and accepted a GU AU Ball from him in exchange.

When I catch him out back of Coors Field for Autos one day soon, I will have him sign my ticket stub and at that point I plan to request a pair of Batting Gloves and a Bat (if he's willing) for me to display with the ball and ticket stub. If he is willing, I will make one final request - that he inscribe the bat making reference to me returning his 1st MLB HR ball so I will have proof from him of the moment and the BAT will serve as provenance on the ball!

I will let you all know how it turns out...

JesRey
09-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Congrats, can't wait to hear what happened

Chuck-17
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Congrats that is great!!!!

Vegas
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I would contact the Rockies and see if you can trade it back to Young. A lot of times players will give you a signed bat or something for a ball that they want.

hippieman556
09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
thats awesome

sports collector
09-12-2009, 01:01 AM
That's awesome!

I was a row away from catching matt Hollidays first homer as a Cardinal...it's an awesome thing isn't it?

Nairb06
09-12-2009, 01:09 AM
thats awesome, i was like 3 rows away from Bonds number 753 i think? im not sure which number it was lol. It was the game against the Cubs where he hit two homers. numbers 752 and 753 i believe.

xpress34
09-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Updates to POST #1...