PDA

View Full Version : Best place for game used bats

goeyj
09-17-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm looking to purchase an Andre Ethier game used bat (autographed if possible). Where would be the best online sites to keep an eye on besides ebay?

lafabj23
09-17-2009, 02:43 AM
There is a pretty cool auction site, myccsa.com, that does auctions once a month. They do about 4000 items every month. I just signed up last month and was lucky enough to win three bids:a signed 4x6 of Joe Dimaggio, a game used jersey of Xavier Hernandez (1994) and a paul pierce signed floor board, all for under $50 together. Not sure what they have this month but you could check them every month and see when a Either bat shows up. The site was on a banner from this site and they are totally legit. Check it out.

goeyj
09-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks. I checked it out. It's hard to find stuff on there, but I'll look into it! Looks kind of like they mostly have retired player stuff.

Vegas
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
There is a pretty cool auction site, myccsa.com, that does auctions once a month. They do about 4000 items every month. I just signed up last month and was lucky enough to win three bids:a signed 4x6 of Joe Dimaggio, a game used jersey of Xavier Hernandez (1994) and a paul pierce signed floor board, all for under $50 together. Not sure what they have this month but you could check them every month and see when a Either bat shows up. The site was on a banner from this site and they are totally legit. Check it out.

CCSA is Coach's Corner and they are known for selling fraudulent items, I would stay far away from them. You will notice almost everything they sell is authenticated by Chris Morales or STAT Authentic, who are employees/affiliated with Coach's Corner. There is a reason you got a Joe D signature for under $50, it is fake. I would bet that if you sent it in to PSA/DNA or JSA, it would be rejected.

If the original poster wants an Ethier game used bat, I would contact the store at Dodger Stadium as I know they sell game used bats. But I would never buy anything from Coach's Corner auctions. Here is a great article about their shady business:

http://frozenpondauction.com/blog/?tag=coachs-corner

goeyj
09-17-2009, 05:34 PM
CCSA is Coach's Corner and they are known for selling fraudulent items, I would stay far away from them. You will notice almost everything they sell is authenticated by Chris Morales or STAT Authentic, who are employees/affiliated with Coach's Corner. There is a reason you got a Joe D signature for under $50, it is fake. I would bet that if you sent it in to PSA/DNA or JSA, it would be rejected.

If the original poster wants an Ethier game used bat, I would contact the store at Dodger Stadium as I know they sell game used bats. But I would never buy anything from Coach's Corner auctions. Here is a great article about their shady business:

Thanks for the info and the article! I didn't even think about contacting the Dodger store. Seems so obvious.
Much appreciated!

lafabj23
09-18-2009, 08:23 AM

Thanks for the info, makes me wonder! The article was also very good. However, the stuff I bid on and won was all authenticated by PSA. I don't trust many company besides them. You do make a good point though with using the dodger store!