View Full Version : My 'Reworked' Man Cave....

10-21-2009, 12:37 AM
I recently updated my Man Cave and thought I'd share some pics...

I used the ideas of some guys on GUU (Game Used Universe) and purchased 4 of the 5-Shelf Black Bookcases from Wally World (Wal-Mart) for $30 ea and 2 of the short 3-Shelf Black Bookcases for $20 ea and used my existing Mannequin Collection and other cases to create a more uniform and 'flowing' feel to my 'Personal Museum'...

1st, I had to remove my Nolan Ryan Jerseys from these frames and moved the frames to my Loft / Office to show off the Modano jerseys:

Now, the Basement itself... 1st the WIDE Angle views:

Finally, a wide shot of ALL of the Bookcases (jerseys on the floor are waiting to for new hanging rack) and include GU and AU Authentics...

More detailed pics and info coming...

- Chris

10-21-2009, 12:38 AM
wow! an awesome display room!

10-21-2009, 12:42 AM
And NOW, a little more 'detailed' Case by Case (Narrow View) of the basement...

FIRST - The Vintage Nokona Catcher's Gear w/ Vintage Wilson Cleats on a Vintage Kansas City Transit Railways Company Team Uniform with Actual KCTRR Lantern and my Timex 'Rounder' Electric display case...

Next stop... Matt Holliday 'Mounted Memories' Jersey w/ 'The Slide' inscription topped by Matt's GU 2007 WS Hat (Auto & Inscribed) w/ his original Oil Painting for his 2005 Diamond Kings Card on Top... next to it is my Luis Gonzalez Collection...

Next Stop - Cooperstown and the Ryan Express... My 1993 Ryan Jersey and Hat (Authentics) - Auto'd - with the Bronze Casting of Ryan's hand on top of the case...

More Ryan - BP Jersey (ST Gamer from his time as a Special Assistant??? It is a SIZED - 50 - Majestic)...

Next up, my new 'baby' (THANKS ANDREW LANG from GUU!!!) - my GU 2006 Matt Holliday All-Star Jersey (Matt auto'd and inscribed it for me when the Cards were here) and my Pujols Authentic BP Jersey topped with a GU/AU Pujols hat from 2001 w/ ROY inscription!!!

My two wooden showcase with my Pujols stuff - including a REAL (ca 2002) Pujols ROY inscribed ball - not the BS that Steiner or whoever is NOW doing with him, my "Roy Hobbs' (The Natural) stuff and my Mantle AU Hat, AU Ball, 53 Bowman Color, etc...

My card showcase with my 2000 Revolution Game Ball Set (I need Eric Milton still - ANYONE???), My Jennie Finch and Summer Sanders AU Patch cards, my Sweet Spot 'Announcers' Set (Berman, Cohn, Gammons, Patrick and Stuart) and my 2004 Leaf Limited Cuts set...

My 'small Oakley case w/ more Ryan stuff and Jeter display on top and my other eyeglass display case w/ baseball pumpkin on top and displaying Ripken and Williams balls, Jackie Robinson 53 Topps and my 1970 NL All Star Team signed ball...

My BIG Oakley case containing way more stuff than I care to list here, but highlighted by these pieces: 1994 GU and AU Sparky Anderson cap, Tom Selleck AU hat (Movie used in Mr Baseball), 1927 OAL Ball, Clark Griffith AU ball, etc...

2000 Rick Croushore GU Rockies jersey topped off by Goose Gossage GU and AU Rockies hat from his time here as a Special Assistant/Roving Instructor...

Hope you all enjoy!!!

- Chris

10-21-2009, 12:43 AM
great room man. You need a bigger TV though lol

10-21-2009, 12:55 AM
I love your cave!! Thanks for the look and you gave me some good ideas for mine. Never thought of mannequin to display my auto'd jerseys!! I love all the display cases as well!!

10-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Glad you guys are enjoying it... I told the wife that if I ever get the basement finished, I'll have to wrap the cabinets around the corner into the other 'room' of the basement!!!

10-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Awesome Room! Very Creative!

10-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Loving the Holliday shrine! Incredible room. Makes me want to get back into the GU hobby.

Great pick-up on the AS Jersey. Will you be going for his A's, Card's memorabilia?

10-22-2009, 06:22 PM

10-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Wow that looks great!!! I need to do a lot of work to my cave. I love your setup.