PDA

View Full Version : WR issue?

JeRmZ
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Ok so I've got Boldin (game time decision sunday night) and Harvin (likely playing but his shoulder injury worries me and has been turning in subpar performances) on my roster, so this week I need to pick up a fill in player and hope to get minimal production from them.

After scouring the WW I've narrowed it down to a few players

Wallace WR PIT - facing the Vikes, has been getting decent looks recently and the Vikes pass D is strugling.

James Jones WR GB - with Jordy Nelson out it looks like Jones is the bonafied #3, the bad part is they've got Driver and Jennings who have been getting more looks

Massaquoi WR CLE - Been turning it up lately, as much as that's possible in Cleveland. They face GB this week who's pass D is pretty decent.

This is a 1/2 point PPR league.

jiggidy
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Out of the 3 listed I like Wallace the best. He has been posting pretty decent stats as of late however I think his stats will be toned down a little this week. James Jones caught 1 long pass against the Lions so I would stay away from him for now. Massaquoi is hit or miss and this week looks more like a miss.

Maybe check for Crabtree if he is available. He is taking over for Josh Morgan although I wouldn't expect too much out of him.

JeRmZ
10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Nope Cashtree is already scooped ... someone grabbed him the day he signed. Out of the WW in this league these 3 are the best I can come up with with the exception of maybe Cribbs.

This league we play

QB
RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
WR/TE
TE
K
DB (2)
DL (2)
LB (2)

so it's a deep league and there is not much to choose from when you have to hit the Wire. I've currently got my feelers out for a trade (RB for a WR) but no one is biting.

jeffgordon
10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Thats a tough one. You said there really isn't anyone on the free agents? What about P. Garcon WR INdy, or A. Collie WR Indy, H. Nicks WR Giants, L. Moore WR NO? If non are avaliable you may want to take a long shot and think about playing Massaquoi WR CLE. He had a decent game last week. He maybe there #1 WR on the team. GB should be leading by a lot so that means the browns should have to pass the ball a lot. I think he may gets some looks. Its definity a long shot.

JeRmZ
10-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Collie, Garcon, Moore and Nicks are all gone ... I'm tellin ya, what I've listed is the best of the worst in this league.

I'm torn between Massaquoi and Wallce I may end up picking them both up and flipping a coin to see who plays!!

john1170
10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I would go with Massaquoi. They are playing GB and will most likely be down most of the game. Also, with Jones on GB, they will probably run a lot more than you think against one of the worst run D's in the league. Massaquoi can get you 6-8 catches in this game. Wallace is the 4th option receiving wise in Pitt. I wouldn't use him.

Good luck

JeRmZ
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Here's something else to think about ..

I've currently got Jermichael Finley slated to start in my WR/TE spot ... I could take him out and put in Wallace or Massaquoi there as well. Finley has been getting his catches and yards and against Cleveland I think he may get some this week again.

It's a hard decision when were talkin about scrubs like this. .... LOL

Star_Cards
10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I'd say Massaquoi. He's the main option and getting a lot of targets. Plus they will be down and passing.

miknapp
10-23-2009, 01:57 PM
How about Sammie Stroughter-Wr for the Bucs? Last week had 3 catches for 62 yards and a kick return for a TD. Clifton Smith is out for the game due to the concussion so Stroughter is taking over punt and kick return duties. He would be a good pickup.

Ok so I've got Boldin (game time decision sunday night) and Harvin (likely playing but his shoulder injury worries me and has been turning in subpar performances) on my roster, so this week I need to pick up a fill in player and hope to get minimal production from them.

After scouring the WW I've narrowed it down to a few players

Wallace WR PIT - facing the Vikes, has been getting decent looks recently and the Vikes pass D is strugling.

James Jones WR GB - with Jordy Nelson out it looks like Jones is the bonafied #3, the bad part is they've got Driver and Jennings who have been getting more looks

Massaquoi WR CLE - Been turning it up lately, as much as that's possible in Cleveland. They face GB this week who's pass D is pretty decent.

This is a 1/2 point PPR league.

JeRmZ
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
miknapp - I refuse to have any Schmucks on my team win or lose!!! LOL ... I live in Tampa and have to deal with the Schmucks and their losing way's every sunday and I refuse to deploy any of them into my fantasy lineup!!!

I've got Derrick Ward on one of my teams and what a waste of space he has been!! I'm trying to make a trade right now for DeSean Jackson so that will give me a viable option for the week.