PDA

View Full Version : Are any of these a better play than Justin Fargas?

OnePimpTiger
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I know, how could they not be right? Bear with me here...McFadden is out, Bush took a bad hit to the head last week, Fargas will share w/Bush at least, possibly get the majority...and it's uber bye week hell for me. So, would you plug any of these in the flex position over Fargas?

Antonio Bryant v. NE @ London - apparently he's back to full health, but he's on the Bucs and has Josh Johnson throwing to him against the Pats...the only good thing about that is they'll probably be passing a lot. You couldn't tell it from this year, but he was a fantasy stud last year.

Earl Bennett @ Cincinnati - He gets targets from his ol' Commodore buddy and the Bengals might focus on Knox and Hester, but he's yet to score a TD this year.

Roy Williams v. ATL - He said he's playing for sure, but he's been far from impressive this year and Miles Austin obviously has the hot hand....but will that mean more focus on him leaving Roy open? I have faith he'll turn it around some time, just not sure if this week is it.

So those are my options...I know, terrible...I wouldn't even have asked if it wasn't Oakland Raider Justin Fargas I was questioning. Ahhhh the joys of deciding between mediocre-to-bad players and praying to the fantasy football gods for mercy!

jayhawks55
10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
honestly no. i hate WR positions. if i can play a RB i will every time over a WR.

Star_Cards
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd say nope. fargas is getting the touches and WRs are hit or miss.

JeRmZ
10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
PPR league man? I just don't like ANY of the Raiders on a fantasy team. I'd take a shot with Bryant, as you said the bucs will certainly be down and passing all game so he could see some balls in his face ... LOL!!

OnePimpTiger
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Not a PPR

JeRmZ
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Tough choice man, RB's always get the nod in my opinion as well but this RB we are talking about is from the hopeless Raiders who are facing the Jet's this week and their D is ranked 2nd against the run.

OnePimpTiger
10-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Tough choice man, RB's always get the nod in my opinion as well but this RB we are talking about is from the hopeless Raiders who are facing the Jet's this week and their D is ranked 2nd against the run.

That sums up my thoughts perfectly...I'm definitely still a believer of RBs over WRs, but what if the RB sucks and is on a sucky team? :winking0071:

RedGoneWILD
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah, i'd start fargas against the jets...he's good for at least 10 touches this week

i'd also attempt to trade roy williams for anything....and i mean anything...if you can upgrade your kicker for him, do it :sign0020:

OnePimpTiger
10-23-2009, 03:46 PM
I actually picked Roy up off the waivers...no way was I going to draft him, but I had Chansi Stuckey sitting on my bench and figured Roy might pick it up a little.

yankeesfan24
10-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Roy Williams , hes gonna be the man this week, go w/ him

pw52
10-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Id go Fargas. No McFadden...Michael Bush is hurt...and Cable loves Fargas. Yes the Jets are great against the run, but they just lost Jenkins in the middle. I see him getting over 20 touches

alstott3_16
10-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Id go Fargas. No McFadden...Michael Bush is hurt...and Cable loves Fargas. Yes the Jets are great against the run, but they just lost Jenkins in the middle. I see him getting over 20 touches

Thats what I was thinking. It will probably be a close enough game that the Raiders are able to run the ball enough. Losing a 350lb run stuffer in Jenkins is a HUGE loss for the Jets.