PDA

View Full Version : BOGUS Trade Alert - Opinions Welcome!

fact81
11-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Ok, I have been doing fantasy football for years and years.

I take it very seriously. We have 10 man league among us buddies and my good buddy is the commish!

Here is the trade scenario that was JUST APPROVED!

Dan trades:
Sidney Rice
Kevin Smith

to Jenn for:
Dallas Clark
Mike Wallace

Ok! Im taking a breathe.

Naturally, I am playing Dan this week who now has Dallas Clark starting at TE. Now, even if Dan crushes me or I crush him this week, here is my ranting!!!!!!

1) What God given reason would you have for trading Dallas Clark? The guy is 6th in the league in yards receiving. 4th in the league in Catches. Oh yeah, 1st among all Tight Ends!!
2) The Mike Wallace doesnt even figure into the trade at all for me personally. It could have been Kevin Smith & Sidney Rice for Clark straight up and I would call it bogus!
3) Dan needs to fill a roster spot for his TE position because his normal guy is on the a BYE. And some how, he pulls off a trade to get the best TE in football????? COme one?>
4) Those who know me on here know that Im a huge Lions fan, but Kevin Smith?? lol. the guy isnt 100%. The Lions are often playing from behind taking the running game out of the question. Smith is splitting time w/ Morris in the backfield now as well.
5) Nothing against Sidney Rice, but hes not even on the same page as Clark.
6) Jenn, who is trading Clark to Dan has Vishante Shancoe as her backup TE. Granted, Shancoe has been fantastic this yr, especially in the red zone. One could argue - She has 2 great TE's so unload 1 of them. - MY arguement right back is -- Fine, trade Shancoe, not Clark and 2) We have a flex position in which you may start a RB/WR/TE. Granted, hardly anyone is ANY league starts 2 Tight Ends in the same week. But ****, if I had Clark and Shancoe, I would start em both almost every week!

and finally the cream of the crop!

7) Jenn and Dan live 2gether and are engaged!!!!!!!!

Now,normally, any trade that an engaged or married proposes will be looked at w/ much scrutiny. This is beyond scrutiny for me! I think the trade is totally bogus. Now if this league was for fun/bragging rights, no problem, wouldnt really care too much. The reality is that the pot is $1000!!! Im in
2nd place right now, Dan is in 5th(closing in on 4th to 3rd) Jenn is in 4th.

Not only am I POed at Dan and Jenn(who are good friends) but my best buddy the Commish tells me , "He wouldnt make the trade, but its legit"

Opinions??? I need a beer!

Rob H

Silver&blue
11-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Hmm, sounds like there may be "special considerations or compensations" involved in this deal, lol.

Williamson82
11-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Rice is better than clark over the rest of the season and wallace is better than smith. With her having a good back up TE I think they will both improve. Might be a little off sided points wise but overall I would say good trade for both

fact81
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Beer # 6 coming up!

Rob

OnePimpTiger
11-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I was expecting something really bad after reading the first three lines...that doesn't even enter the realm of bogus trades, I've seen stuff that makes this look like the fairest trade of the century. She has depth at TE, she wants to improve at RB, you got to give up something good to get something decent most of the time. And no way are you getting a decent RB w/Shiancoe.

Star_Cards
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
He's giving up a starting RB and a very nice WR especially after yesterday. Plus she has a very good backup TE. Yeah, I probably wouldn't do the trade but I don't think it's bogus especially since wallace doesn't figure in the the trade other than evening up roster spots. I assume that she's into fantasy football since it's such a high buy in and is in 4th place.

JeRmZ
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Scoring for these players in my league up to week 11

Sidney Rice - 116.1
Kevin Smith - 107.6

Dallas Clark - 130.9
Mike Wallace - 84.6

So as bad as the trade may look, it really isn't that far off when you look at overall numbers for each player. I'm the commish of my league and this is definitely a trade I would process through.

WantToTrade
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I would say that its pretty fair deal

Star_Cards
11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
thanks for the numbers JeRmZ.

With trades you just need to veto the ones that are obviously hurting the league. It seems like you are more concerned about an opponent getting better than you are about it being equal. And like Jermz said, outside of the name being dealt it looks like a pretty fair deal. Two starters for one. If that helps her team and she still has a nice TE starter why not. She gets value for clark and she can also start using her backup TEs value.

soxfan34
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
I think thats actually really fair. IMO, it looks like your more panicing because your facing Dan, now with Clark. Although Clark IS really good, so is Rice and Kevin Smith was a really high pick this year and still has potential

vixsportscards
11-16-2009, 06:52 PM
my opinion is two members live together , they shouldnt be allowed to trade with each other , it is obvious what they have done ,that is just my opinion

OnePimpTiger
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Now if they trade back after you play him, that's an obvious problem...but living together or not, a fair trade is a fair trade. Even if there were other reasons for the trade, if it's fair, what's the problem/

Rybowski
11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
It isn't that horrible of a trade in my eyes, but I do understand where you are coming from. I have Dallas Clark on my team, and I would never trade him for Sidney Rice or bunch him up like that, but Rice isn't that bad.

rickysigai
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
rice had over 200 yards and 20 points

Star_Cards
11-17-2009, 09:03 AM
my opinion is two members live together , they shouldnt be allowed to trade with each other , it is obvious what they have done ,that is just my opinion

how can you say if they live together then they shouldn't be allowed to trade? All trades should be looked at by what players are involved. It's not like one is trading peterson for some low end player. Dallas has the name value, but the two guys she's getting in return will no doubt start. Most two for one type trades always has the one player being the better of the three. (yes this is a 2 for 2 but I just see wallace as a toss in).