PDA

View Full Version : Major Help! I need for Autographs HOF ball!

booger184
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
How Much they sign for,address's and Previous Success!
Tom Seaver
Nolan Ryan (How Much)
Don Sutton
Luis Aparicio
Lou Brock
Eddie Murray
Jim Palmer
Joe Morgan
Juan Marichal
Mike Schmidt
Carl Yastrzemski

Thanks for all Of Your Help!

newguy24
11-23-2009, 11:53 PM
55.00 to get the ball signed
got this info from nolan ryan's site:
http://www.nolanryanfoundation.org/memoitems.htm

booger184
11-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Thank You!

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 12:13 AM
How Much they sign for,address's and Previous Success!
Tom Seaver
Nolan Ryan (How Much)
Don Sutton
Luis Aparicio
Lou Brock
Eddie Murray
Jim Palmer
Joe Morgan
Juan Marichal
Mike Schmidt
Carl Yastrzemski

Thanks for all Of Your Help!

Ok, as somebody else pointed out you can get Ryan via his foundation.

Brock and Yaz aren't going to happen ttm but you can purchase things from their respective sites.

Marichal, Seaver, Palmer, Schmidt, Murray-its not going to happen. Try various sites to find a trade or a purchase. I purchased a Palmer ball through the Bob Feller Museum and it is beautiful.

Sutton you can try c/o Atlanta Braves next season. Also his home addy is in the TTMM. Of all of your requests he's the most reasonable ttm shot though by no means a lock.

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Oh and if you send Morgan c/o ESPN he won't sign for you but you may get a signed index card from him...maybe.

booger184
11-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Thank You for the Support! I need someone to try for Sutton first! See I have a HOF Ball signed by Snider,Doerr and Perry. And Im trying to get more signatures on it Im going to send to sparky anderson and The People for Cash! So thats why i was wondering if anyone had any address's for those people! I have seen someone get an autographed Baseball by Joe Morgan! LMK If theres anymore advice whos a definite I should send to! Im going to send to Yogi later on as well! Im going to get him to sign right above Snider since his signature is so small and theres enough room there for him to sign!

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Thank You for the Support! I need someone to try for Sutton first! See I have a HOF Ball signed by Snider,Doerr and Perry. And Im trying to get more signatures on it Im going to send to sparky anderson and The People for Cash! So thats why i was wondering if anyone had any address's for those people! I have seen someone get an autographed Baseball by Joe Morgan! LMK If theres anymore advice whos a definite I should send to! Im going to send to Yogi later on as well! Im going to get him to sign right above Snider since his signature is so small and theres enough room there for him to sign!

Better ttm options for you compared to your previous list are:
Lee MacPhail- $0
Red Schoendienst- $15
Gary Carter- $25
Fergie Jenkins- $25
Billy Williams- $20
Carlton Fisk- $40
Yogi Berra- $50
Whitey Ford- $35
Dick Williams- $25
Earl Weaver- $20
Tony Perez- $0-10
Bob Feller- $10
Rollie Fingers- $10
Goose Gossage- $15
Phil Niekro- $20
Monte Irvin- $20-25
Robin Roberts- $10

IDK who your interested in and how far out you are willing to go to risk this ball when you send it but these guys(plus the ones you have) are the best baseball HOF ttm signers. I'd be weary sending to Ford because there have been a few reports on other sites of people sending their ball and fee and receiving an empty sealed SASE back.

If I were you MacPhail, Feller, Fingers, and Roberts would be my next immediate step. They are the "safest" of the safest IMO.

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Or depending on where you live you might be able to hit up certain shows/signings. Check out signingshotline. I know I have been considering a multi-HOF signed ball but am not willing to risk losing it in the postal system so I'm holding off until this summer when I make my first induction weekend trip to the HOF. Yeah it'll be crazy expensive but at least I know it wont be sitting in some bin for 60 years.

booger184
11-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Alright then! I will trust you to your word! I will send to most of those players! But the thing is For Macphail he sometimes signs with a sharpie when some people sent with pen! And For Perez and Sutton you have to wait for a whole season for their stuff to be sent back! So Anderson,MacPhail,Feller,Roberts,Fingers,Niekro and Irvin are my main Steps for now because they send back the quickest! Thanks for the advice!

booger184
11-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Does it cost money for the Induction to try to get autographs?

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Alright then! I will trust you to your word! I will send to most of those players! But the thing is For Macphail he sometimes signs with a sharpie when some people sent with pen! And For Perez and Sutton you have to wait for a whole season for their stuff to be sent back! So Anderson,MacPhail,Feller,Roberts,Fingers,Niekro and Irvin are my main Steps for now because they send back the quickest! Thanks for the advice!

I am by no means an expert but based on my experience that is a pretty good course of action.

Feller and Dave Winfield(who I was crazy lucky to get this summer) were my fastest returns with like 5 days. Fingers, Roberts, Niekro, Anderson, and Irvin were all about a week if I remember.

Fair warning though- Anderson may return your ball unsigned and insert a card that basically says he's stopping with ttm(it will be signed). Don't get offended or anything. His signature is massive and he might flat out just not feel like putting the extra effort in squeezing it in when he is trying to stop altogether.

Lastly, I have 26 HOF balls most of which are through ttm. I am building a single signed ball collection so am not familiar with any of these guys' policies when it comes to signing multi-signed items. It shouldn't be too difficult to find if any of these guys have such policies but before you take my advice to heart I just want to toss that out there.

booger184
11-24-2009, 12:58 AM
I know about Sparky Anderson! Hopefully he has the Strength to Sign my ball which I would very much appreciate! Hes a Super Nice Guy! But does it really cost money to get autographs from Induction day? And do just the Induction people only sign or more HOF'ers stop by?

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Does it cost money for the Induction to try to get autographs?

lol, I have never been. This past summer I was up there for an event the Monday after induction and at a Jim Rice signing a bunch of people were talking. According to them- the bulk of the signings are done at the designated signing events on Main Street but you can often times meet players on the street and have a shot at some autos. So for the most part yeah it will cost some bucks. That said with all of the shops on Main Street in Cooperstown you can find some great deals. About a month ago I went and picked up a bunch of signed balls for awesome prices- Killebrew($50), Jenkins($25), Cepeda($25), Perry($25). I was thinking about running back up there next week to see if i could hunt out any more deals but sent out ttm requests with fees to Dick Williams, Whitey Ford, and Red Schoendienst and bought a Billy Williams rookie card.

So it is definitely something to consider doing if you are willing to wait in long lines and shell out some bucks. I live about an hour maybe hour and a half away so for me its nice because I dont have to worry about hotels or anything I can pop up for the day on Friday before induction, get some gear, then bounce before the weekend hits.

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 01:06 AM
I know about Sparky Anderson! Hopefully he has the Strength to Sign my ball which I would very much appreciate! Hes a Super Nice Guy! But does it really cost money to get autographs from Induction day? And do just the Induction people only sign or more HOF'ers stop by?

This year Henderson and Rice did only one signing in Cooperstown and that was the Monday after induction weekend. Banners and signs were still up for a ton of other guys that signed during the weekend so during the weekend(Friday-Sunday) it was guys already in and Monday was the new inductees.

...and yes it costs money to get autos. It is the same as going to any other IP event. The only difference is thee are more ball players walking around the town so you may get to run into more of them but what I was told by people at Cooperstown the morning after induction was that there may be occasional signing done on the street the bulk of it is at the events which cost money.

booger184
11-24-2009, 01:07 AM
That is Super Freaking Awesome! Maybe If I gave you some money and the Ball maybe we could work us out a Deal Id Pay extra so you could get some money as well for helping me! I will Definitley Have a Bigger Chance of getting some more HOF'ers because the National Sports Card Convention is coming to Baltimore (Which I Live in)! And last time there was tons of HOF'ers that did signings for the Public! So Yeah! Oh I also heard that Jim Rice is extremley rude! But you got his autograph right?

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 01:25 AM
That is Super Freaking Awesome! Maybe If I gave you some money and the Ball maybe we could work us out a Deal Id Pay extra so you could get some money as well for helping me! I will Definitley Have a Bigger Chance of getting some more HOF'ers because the National Sports Card Convention is coming to Baltimore (Which I Live in)! And last time there was tons of HOF'ers that did signings for the Public! So Yeah! Oh I also heard that Jim Rice is extremley rude! But you got his autograph right?

I don't like to talk about my Jim Rice auto lol. It was before I was "auto savy" and I got it on a ROLB instead of a ROMLB. Its holding but has faded a bit. It cost $60 to get a ball of flat signed and that was because it was his first HOF signing.

At the event I went to I(and most people around me) felt Rice was much more down to earth then Henderson. At the signing I met Rice and shook his hand and he was about as nice as nice could get. I kind of got the impression he was an average guy who if you treated him with respect you got respect back and by the same token if you treated him like piece of meat he wouldn't hesitate to let you know about it. I liked him, he was hysterically funny at the event. In fact after the event when everybody rushed the stage area for an auto he was kind enough to apologize to fans that he couldn't sign but was going right in to town for a signing. Henderson kind of ignored his fans with a wave then bounced to his signing.

In terms of me getting items signed for you, I'm sorry but I'm not going to get involved with all of that. I began collecting HOF balls because I love the HOF and the history of the game. I think it is awesome to pull out a drawer and see a Frank Robinson or Billy Williams or Tommy Lasorda signed ball. I have received countless offers for some of my balls or to take money and send ttm for people and always decline. I'm not in this to make money or anything but to simply enjoy and have a cool personal memento. When I go to Cooperstown I want to try and meet some of the guys I see as icons of the game and do what I want as opposed to worrying if I got everybody what ball/inscription they want. That said if there is any advice I can give you from my experience with some of these guys feel free to ask I have no problem trying to help.

booger184
11-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Sounds Reasonable! Who all did you meet in person that was a HOF'er? Do you have a Carl Yazstrmzki (or however you spell his last name) autograph? lol

barnsz
11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
i always wanted to get some of my baseball sign but never did do it now you guys on here makes it so easy to do so i will be sending some balls to get sign
Thanks

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Sounds Reasonable! Who all did you meet in person that was a HOF'er? Do you have a Carl Yazstrmzki (or however you spell his last name) autograph? lol

Personally met? Jim Rice though Goose Gossage was walking down the sidewalk and said excuse me to me and the guy in front of me lol.

I do not have a Yaz as they run a tick under $200. I have:

TTM:
Lee MacPhail
Billy Williams
Tommy Lasorda
Carlton Fisk
Dave Winfield
Earl Weaver
Sparky Anderson
Bobby Doerr
Duke Snider
Rollie Fingers
Goose Gossage
Monte Irvin
Yogi Berra
Gary Carter
Robin Roberts
Bob Feller
Phil Niekro
Tony Perez

Bought:
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Frank Robinson
Garylord Perry
Harmon Killebrew
Fergie Jenkins
Orlando Cepeda
Steve Carlton

booger184
11-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Hmm thats pretty sweet! Do you have Pictures of them?

Sawks14
11-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Hmm thats pretty sweet! Do you have Pictures of them?

Just crappy ones from my cell. The one below is one of said crappy pics of when I had 11 balls.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3874/11balls.jpg

Top Row- Duke Snider inscribed "HOF 80", Robin Roberts inscribed "HOF 76", Rollie Fingers inscribed "HOF 92"
Middle Row- Dave Winfield inscribed "HOF 2001", Bobby Thomson ball, Bobby Doerr inscribed "HOF 86", Bob Feller inscribed "HOF 62"
Bottom Row- Tony Perez inscribed "HOF 2000", Lee MacPhail inscribed "HOF 98", Goose Gossage inscribed "HOF 2008", Carlton Fisk inscribed "#27"

booger184
11-24-2009, 01:59 AM
All i see is Gossage,Fisk,MacPhail,Winfield,Doerr,Roberts,Finge rs and Snider Dont know who the rest are but Pretty Awesome!

booger184
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Anyone know anymore address's?