Upper Deck’s 2007-08 Upper Deck Series Two Hockey
Features All-New NHL Uniforms and Two Memorabilia Cards per Box
Latest Rookies included in ‘Young Guns’ subset; six RCs per box!
As the first hockey trading card release to feature this year’s players sporting all-new NHL uniforms in its base-level set, Upper Deck’s 2007-08 Series Two Hockey collection once again delivers all the on-ice action just like a hard hip-check
into the boards. Boasting, on average, two memorabilia cards and six rookie cards per box, Upper Deck Series Two Hockey serves as the perfect counterpart to Series One and remains as the set to collect.
The 250-card regular set is complemented by dynamic inserts including cool memorabilia cards like “UD Game Jersey” (inserted 1:24 packs); “UD Rookie Materials” (1:24); and “Fab Four Fabric” cards numbered to 100 that actually feature four superstars on one card! Three of those fabulous foursomes include Scott Niedermayer, Teemu Selanne, Ryan Getzlaf and Jean-Sebastien Giguere; Roberto Luongo, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, Jean-Sebastien Giguere; and Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Mark Messier and Sidney Crosby. “UD Signature” autograph cards include some of the most sought-after scrawls in NHL history including greats like Bobby Orr, Mr. Hockey(r), Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier, along with
current stars like Ilya Kovalchuk, Dominik Hasek, Alexander Ovechkin and Todd Bertuzzi.
As more and more up-and-coming players make their debuts this season, Upper Deck is there to capture their NHL entrances and highlights these rising stars in its “Young Guns” rookie card subset. Freshmen talent like Jonathan Toews (Blackhawks), Andrew Cogliano (Oilers), T.J. Hensick (Avalanche), Jiri Tlusty (Leafs) and Tuukka Rask (Bruins) lead the
Beyond its assortment of highly coveted rookie cards and top-notch action photography, Upper Deck’s 2007-08 Series Two Hockey release also features rare “Patch Parallels” of both of its memorabilia card inserts – “UD Rookie Materials” and “UD Game Jerseys” – that are numbered to just 15! Die-cut acetate “Clear Cut Winners” cards (numbered to 100) and limited parallels of the regular set (“High-Gloss,” numbered to 10 and “Exclusives,” numbered to 100) round out the content’s outstanding lineup.
“Series Two Hockey provides the perfect complement to our earlier Series One release,” said Josh Zusman, Upper Deck’s Hockey brand manager. “We’re excited about the set’s incredible content and I’m proud of the fact that we’re showing players wearing their all-new uniforms that were unveiled earlier this season. The drivers behind this set remain the top rookies coming up as well as our always popular autograph and Game Jersey cards. The ‘Fab Four Fabric’ cards are my personal favorites.”
Upper Deck’s 2007-08 Series Two Hockey carries a suggested retail price of $2.99 per eight-card pack with 24 packs per box. The product is in stores now.
- Newly unveiled jerseys from all 30 NHL teams!
- Get the latest Rookie Cards!
- Collect an average of six ‘Young Guns’ per box!
- Find two game-used memorabilia cards per box on average!
- Including 1 Rookie Materials card, on average!
- Grab Fab Four Fabrics – featuring 4 stars on one card, and averaging one per case!
- Complete your 2007/08 Upper Deck set!
- Also finish your Clear Cut Winners insert set – 1 per case on average!
- Big Chase: 1-of-1 press plate cards from UD1 & UD2!Look for the Victory Update cards, with Rookies and Superstars alike!
- Exclusives and High Gloss parallels of the regular set round out UD’s strong lineup!
- Award-winning photography year in and year out!
- Young Guns – inserted 1:4
- UD Game Jersey – inserted 1:24
- UD Rookie Materials – inserted 1:24
- Fab Four Fabrics – #’d to 100
- UD Game Patch cards – #’d to 15
- UD Rookie Materials Patch cards – #’d to 15
- UD Signatures – inserted 1:288
- Clear Cut Winners die-cut cards – #’d to 100
- UD Masterpieces (press-plate cards) – #’d 1-of-1
Victory Additions – Stars & Rookies!
- Victory Update cards – inserted 1:1
- UD Exclusives regular set parallel – #’d to 100
- UD High Gloss regular set parallel – #’d to 10
- Stars in the Making – inserted 1:12
- Hometown Heroes – inserted 1:12
- Top Picks- inserted 1:24
- Clutch Performers – inserted 1:24
- 250 Regular Cards
|Print article||This entry was posted by admin on March 16, 2008 at 7:43 pm, and is filed under Upper Deck. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|