By Jesse Reynoso aka JesRey
There is one person I have to thank for bringing me back into the hobby it’s my godfather. He’s also my uncle and took care of me when my parents were at work during the day. When I was 4 years old, my godparents moved to San Diego. I only saw him twice a year but he would call me every night before I went to bed. During the early 90s, my uncle came back to Los Angeles for a weekend. He surprised me with a ticket to the Anaheim National Convention. This was the first More >
By Anthony Ledesma aka ShtHairMcGee
Where were you when College Baseball’s greatest Cinderella story captured the sports worlds’ heart?
Okay, maybe not all of the sports world’s heart, but definitely all 600,000 of Fresno, CA. In a year when they started 8-12, lost their ace of the staff for the season, and a starting infielder quit the team in the middle of a game, the Fresno State Bulldogs were crowned 2008 College World Series Champions. At that moment I became a baseball collector.
Two days after staving off elimination twice and defeating Gordon Beckham’s Georgia Bulldogs, our Bulldogs were in for a surprise More >
By Brad Wingate aka BBonds25
Working part time as a 17 year old, approximately 5% of my pay check was spent on gas, and the other 95% was spent on sports cards. I had some great times, and some amazing pack pulls that year: a $350 Michael Jordan, a $250 Eddie George a $1500 Emmitt Smith, and even more beyond those. Needless to say, it was a great collecting year for me. But the best card I got that year was not found in any pack, or in any local card shop. In fact, it didn’t even cost me any of More >
By Theron Ross aka TRDouble
“How did I get into collecting?” And let me add to that question, “-as an adult?” Because I have collected cards since I was a youngster back in the 1970s, mostly football, some hockey, and “Superman: The Movie” too! This was back when collecting cards was simple – for football cards, there were Topps for cards of individual players and Fleer for cards that featured action shots of a full team. Right before every football season, my father would take me to a place that we always referred to as, ‘the warehouse;’ a place that existed More >
By Chris Seibel aka xexus
One day my best friend Karl asked if I wanted to go with him to this basketball game. He told me there was going to be a couple of former Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears. So I went hoping to get the mini football we played with autographed by anyone that would sign it even though it was somewhat worn. Neither of us could wait to go to the game.
Karl, with his mom and step dad, picked me up and drove us to the game. When we got there, they us black and white photos More >
By Ian Banks aka gretzky_collector
My Al Bundy Photobucket: http://photobucket.com/A_B
I remember my aunt Diane and her husband coming over one night back in 1987. At the time I was only 10 years old so the adults talked about their jobs and such over a few drinks while I played with my toys. Later that evening we were all watching TV. That’s when my aunt said that a new show was starting that night. My dad flipped the channel over and that’s when I watched “Married…with Children” for the very first time. I have been hooked ever since and it’s been 22 More >