Best Hobby Additions of 2009
by, 01-13-2010 at 09:25 AM (1618 Views)
2009 is now in the books and I am happy to say that it has truly been an amazing hobby year for me! Thinking back on the last 12 months, here are the top 10 additions to my PC.
10. Patrick Roy / Carey Price Heroes and Prospects He Shoots He scores /20
9. Martin Brodeur/Vincent Lecavalier UD Black Game Night Ticket 5/5
My second favorite pull of the year, it was a redemption which took its time to get to me but was it sweet when I opened the bubble wrapper:
8. Roy The Cup Signature Patches 8/25 (4 colors) Yet another card coming from Joel, one of my sweetest patches no doubt! Love the color mix and the breaks.
7. Martin Brodeur - Henrik Lundqvist UD Black Game Night Ticket 6/10
This one I got in a in-person trade with Jeremy (Gomaz) in Cleveland during the National Sports Collectors Convention. I traded him my pull of the show for it (Crosby painting autoed card) but it was definitely worth it. Happy to see you on our boards more and more Jeremy and I do hope to see you again in Baltimore!
Amazingly enough, I got that one for free. It was a rather generous gift from Tony at the Nationals in July and to this day it is still one of my favorite dual autographs.
6. Past Present and Future Gold Version 1/1 Roy, Brodeur, Price 552 1/1
Another card acquirred from Chris and what a card it is, more or less a double unique cards featuring my two personal collection players and the current Habs goaltender. I absolutely love the card so again Chris, thanks so much!
5. Roy Honorable Number The Cup 23/33
I had always wanted an honorable number card for my favorite player and that wish finally came through this year. I bought the card from Joel (who has posted more and more on SCF this year JoelCarry make sure to check out his break he has some nice cards!) one of our many transaction thanks a bunch Joel!
4. SPX Legends Roy autograph 4/5
This is my shortest print Roy autographed card and I got it from a trade with one of our new traders this year Chris (bossy'scards - check him out he has an amazing bucket and is amazing to deal with!)
3. Made To Order - BTP 08-09 Patrick Roy Complete jersey. When I pulled the redemption card in September, I didn't hesitate very long before deciding that I needed to get my own unique Roy card made! I sent it in at the end of the month and I got it back at the start of December but boy was it worth waiting.
2. Avalanche "33" Roy jersey - I have had the jersey for a few years but on the 18th December 2009, I finally managed to get it autographed by Saint-Patrick himself! It took a lot of patience after the game but it was definitely worth the wait!
1. Habs "33" Roy jersey - For my 30th Birthday my parents got me a Canadiens Habs jersey featuring the patch just like on the jersey when the Habs last won the Cup. They gave me the present early as they knew I was planning to go to a Remparts game to get my other jersey signed and they wanted me to be able to get this one done as well. Did I manage it? Well, the picture speaks for itself...
And there you have it, my collecting year in review! I'm curious now, what are your top ten additions in the last year?
Comments welcome as always!