Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Why is this simple math but Papa John's free pizza isn't?

because you are assuming that the cost of the free pizza would not otherwise be spent out of the marketing budget for the company. Also, I am not 100% positive, but I find it highly likely, that those marketing costs are mostly borne by the individual franchisees, because that's how franchise agreements normally work. Thus, the PJs franchisees will probably find themselves in the same boat as Denny's and all other like restaurants' franchisees.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

because you are assuming that the cost of the free pizza would not otherwise be spent out of the marketing budget for the company. Also, I am not 100% positive, but I find it highly likely, that those marketing costs are mostly borne by the individual franchisees, because that's how franchise agreements normally work. Thus, the PJs franchisees will probably find themselves in the same boat as Denny's and all other like restaurants' franchisees.

So let me ask you this tax man if you job asked you to work reduced hours and bring home less pay throught no fault of your own would you be ok with it?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The cost of those particular pizzas is a national campaign meaning it's corporate money, not franchise. Also, I'm not assuming anything. Of course it would be spent on marketing. The thing about that is it is not the only advertising they do. Take what Obamacare will cost them and you still don't come near the cost of that ridiculous giveaway. You don't seem to understand that money can be moved around within a company to pay for things.
    And if this issue is about franchises, why are corporate CEOs making these statements and not individual franchisees? Hmmm?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Let's also not forget we're talking about restaurants. Every restaurant I've worked in had disgusting profit margins. Dishes that cost $0.78 to make going out the door for $10 or $12.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Let's also not forget we're talking about restaurants. Every restaurant I've worked in had disgusting profit margins. Dishes that cost $0.78 to make going out the door for $10 or $12.

Yet another reason to eat at home.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

So let me ask you this tax man if you job asked you to work reduced hours and bring home less pay throught no fault of your own would you be ok with it?

Of course not. I would be pissed at Obama because it is directly his fault.

Let me ask you this. If you ran a business and the government told you that you had to pay between $40,000 and $150,000 more in taxes per year through no fault of your own, would you be ok with it?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

The cost of those particular pizzas is a national campaign meaning it's corporate money, not franchise. Also, I'm not assuming anything. Of course it would be spent on marketing. The thing about that is it is not the only advertising they do. Take what Obamacare will cost them and you still don't come near the cost of that ridiculous giveaway. You don't seem to understand that money can be moved around within a company to pay for things.
    And if this issue is about franchises, why are corporate CEOs making these statements and not individual franchisees? Hmmm?

CEOs speak for the company, so they speak for the franchisees as well. In addition, however, they have to deal with how Obamacare affects their businesses outside of the franchises. And don't tell me I don't know business. I eat, sleep and breathe business daily. What do you do that has given you such rich perspective on the real-world financial impact of Obamacare?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Of course not. I would be pissed at Obama because it is directly his fault.

Let me ask you this. If you ran a business and the government told you that you had to pay between $40,000 and $150,000 more in taxes per year through no fault of your own, would you be ok with it?

If in spent $12 million a year to give away product, I would consider myself an idiot. Especially if I looked at an $8million dollar bill and thought that was expensive.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this. It's always been know that the mid to lower level wage earners are going to end up paying for this biggest tax hike in the history of mankind.

I went from paying $35 every 3 months (140/yr) for a prescription the day before Obamacare was instituted to $45 ever 15 days for the precription 6 months after Obamacare was instituted. But I guess I'm one of those evil rich white people with my 50K a year job.

Sorry callin you out on this
    To your first point ...your wrong that is a lie...

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...ss-gop-us-sen/

You live in Mass...That was Romneycare...!

Which hammers me on overall rates even back in 2008! My health care costs were 7200 a year...Forced me to pay for policies which did nothing for me or my kids! they couldnt use them at all!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

CEOs speak for the company, so they speak for the franchisees as well. In addition, however, they have to deal with how Obamacare affects their businesses outside of the franchises. And don't tell me I don't know business. I eat, sleep and breathe business daily. What do you do that has given you such rich perspective on the real-world financial impact of Obamacare?

So why not giver the CEO's pay cuts?

On average CEO are making what 261 employees are making
    There is some real world number

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast