Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Akin to Stay in Mo. Senate Race -- for Now

Facing mounting pressure from fellow Republicans and a looming deadline to withdraw his name from the ballot, Missouri Rep. Todd Akin will not drop out of his state's U.S. Senate race before 5 p.m. Central Daylight Time on Tuesday -- the first of two cut-off opportunities for him to do so.Akin announced his decision on Mike Huckabee’s radio show Tuesday afternoon.“We are going to continue this race for the U.S. Senate,” Akin said.Akin’s defenders on Tuesday coalesced around the six-term congressman as he continued to resist pleas from within his...

More...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Are there really 3 separate threads relating to this idiot now?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are there really 3 separate threads relating to this idiot now?

I think this is a big and important topic.

This isn't some loser running for a low level position, he's running to be in the U.S SENATE!

And the scary thing is that he is apparently still ahead in the polls.....

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think this is a big and important topic.

This isn't some loser running for a low level position, he's running to be in the U.S SENATE!

And the scary thing is that he is apparently still ahead in the polls.....

Okay, but it's still just one topic. Is this going to turn into the Chik-Fil-A fiasco with five people arguing in nine threads?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I saw his interview on The Today Show this morning. He basically said he was staying in the race and that he didn't mean to say that certain forms of rape were not legitimate. He also said that he was misinformed about the female body being able to stop pregnancy in instances of rape. He also said that he didn't believe women were lying about rape to justify abortions. I'm not sure why matt asked that since he never said that. I guess some could think that was an insinuation with the term "legitimate rape". He said he was pro-life and that he was staying in the race because he owed it to the people who voted him in based on a multitude of stances.

I actually liked the interview. I don't agree with him on abortion but it impressed me that he was able to admit that he was wrong and further expanded on his choice of wording. I think after seeing this, it just makes the GOP look a little bad. It just goes to show you that any bit of negativity like this and they will toss you to the trash. Although, I'd assume the Dems would do the same thing if the fight for seats was so important for control these days.