Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

History of Hockey - Question about RCs

One of the big draws for ITG are the certified RCs included in the set. Two questions on the RCs:

1. There are 19 copies of the 90-91 Score American Eric Lindros RC #440 in the History of Hockey set. The ITG website lists these cards as #1102 - 1120 in the set. The HOH card has a 10-digit number on the sticker, but that number does not correspond to the set numbers. Is there any way to differentiate #1102 from 1103, or 1104, or 1105 etc...?

2. How would the value of a History of Hockey Lindros RC compare to a pack pulled Score RC? I would think there would be no increase in value for the HOH slabbed card. Sure they say there are only 19 of them, but there is not alteration/embellishment of the card itself. The "limited" nature of the card is not the card, but the slab itself. There are only 19 slabbed Score RCs with a History of Hockey sticker on them. Otherwise that RC is the exact same as the RC I pulled from a pack. Does the HOH slab add value to the card beyond the existing value of the RC? I think no.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

1. Doesn't appear to be.

2. A copy of the History of Hockey Lindros RC sold for $10 yesterday. I suspect that's substantially higher than a common pack-pulled version.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Personally, I would not assign a premium to the card or the slab, nor would I differentiate an HoH-slabbed RC from one that wasn't. The only way the slab would matter to me is if I were collecting the HoH set or subset that includes that particular card.

I'm sure there are collectors out there who do assign a premium to the slabbed card, but I think (hope!) it would be a small percentage of collectors and that any premium would also be small.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A copy of the History of Hockey Lindros RC sold for $10 yesterday. I suspect that's substantially higher than a common pack-pulled version.

Yeah...I was the knucklehead who bought it!!!!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well as the saying goes, a card is worth what someone is willing to pay. Ergo, it's worth more to you than a regular one. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Yeah...I was the knucklehead who bought it!!!!

Hahahahaha! That's awesome - you provided your own empirical evidence to answer your question!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hahahahaha! That's awesome - you provided your own empirical evidence to answer your question!

I really need to work on avoiding the impulse bid!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

To me, the only thing a slab can say to increase the price is "BGS 9" "BGS 9.5" or "BGS 10" and the 9 doesn't do a lot.

That said, there seems to be enough people who disagree with me to make them worth more overall than they are to me.