Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

1933-1934 Ice Kings full set found - info please?

Hello, we found from what I gather a full 72 card set of the Ice Kings 1933-34 in the home of my in laws when clearing out the basement to sell the home. We also found 4 Imperial Tobacco cards from 1910 and 2 from 1911...we think. Names on the cards are J. Laviolette, E.D. Lalonde, E. Johnston and Fred Lake. The last two have two crossed hockey sticks above the information about the player and the first two have hockey sticks on either side of the player on the front of the cards. The cards with E. Johnston and Fred Lake have damage on the info side.

We would like to list the set for sale on Ebay and not sure what to list it at, or do we sell the cards separately or as the set?? We really don't know much at all about card collecting, but if anyone out there would like to comment or offer guidance it would be greatly appreciated. Best, Elizabeth

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Seems like you have some incredible finds right here!

Just looked up some of those 33-34 Ice Kings on ebay. Some pretty high prices here! :)

I don't know much about the Vintage hockey card market, however, I would try listing it as a set at first and see if anyone will bite, then maybe try for singles if it hasn't sold, try listing them as singles with a Buy It Now or Best Offer price, as you may be able to make a little more by piecing it out one-by-one (usually).

As for the 1910 & 1911 Imperial Tobacco cards, there's definitely a market for those and they should sell fairly well even if they're not in the best of shape. I'd list those and see where it goes :)

Scans would be great, too. Always like seeing those vintage cards!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you so much for the info...I can't get them uploaded?? Seems the photos are too large?. Best, Elizabeth

Seems like you have some incredible finds right here!

Just looked up some of those 33-34 Ice Kings on ebay. Some pretty high prices here! :)

I don't know much about the Vintage hockey card market, however, I would try listing it as a set at first and see if anyone will bite, then maybe try for singles if it hasn't sold, try listing them as singles with a Buy It Now or Best Offer price, as you may be able to make a little more by piecing it out one-by-one (usually).

As for the 1910 & 1911 Imperial Tobacco cards, there's definitely a market for those and they should sell fairly well even if they're not in the best of shape. I'd list those and see where it goes :)

Scans would be great, too. Always like seeing those vintage cards!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

@gehlsen1

Hmm, you can try contacting the guy who runs it all @scottkoz20 about that one :) He's a great guy and will no doubt shed some more light on that issue I'm sure.

I've bolded some photo uploading options for you as well: (3)

You can also try scanning & uploading images to Photobucket and/or Flickr and posting the IMG codes into threads on here (although Photobucket is currently down for maintenance, it should be back up running smooth by morning) :)

You can also upload scans to your very own SCF Inventory here on SCF, although I wouldn't think they would have included cards from the 30's in the database. However, just for future reference, you could do that as well.

Hope this helps you out some more. If you have any other questions regarding uploading & posting images to forums, please let me know and I'll try and help as best I can.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 06-07-2016 at 11:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Amazing find! It is a dream of mine to stumble upon old Hockey or Baseball cards in an attic or basement one day.

Very jealous and very happy for you. Listing individually would definitely be your best option.

If you decide to sell individually and there are any Detroit Red Wings in the 1933-34 Ice Kings set I would like to take a shot at owning one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you! At this time, I think the best bet is to sell them as a set as I can't see any other full sets on the web, unless of course I am looking in all the wrong places! If I do sell them off one by one, I will definitely drop you an email.
    Best, Elizabeth.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@gehlsen1 There is currently a graded set of 1933-34 Ice Kings for sale via Classic Auctions: http://www.classicauctions.net/1933_...LOT135943.aspx

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks that is something! I have posted the photos of the cards plus the 4 little ones from Imperial tobacco on Pinterest and you can see the photos there if anyone is interested...I couldn't figure out how to put them on this site...sorry.
    https://www.pinterest.com/egehlsen01...ckey-card-set/
    Best, Elizabeth

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

thanks that is something! I have posted the photos of the cards plus the 4 little ones from Imperial tobacco on Pinterest and you can see the photos there if anyone is interested...I couldn't figure out how to put them on this site...sorry.
    https://www.pinterest.com/egehlsen01...ckey-card-set/
    Best, Elizabeth

Now these are some great vintage cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Since you have a complete set, I would suggest looking into having a reputable auction house sell them for you. They usually have ways of getting the word out and you'll reach a much larger market for something like that, rather than just posting them on EBay. They will take a big chunk of the money, but I am sure EBay would also take a big chunk of something like that. It would also be easier for you, and you wouldn't have to worry about who you are dealing with.

If they are in any kind of decent shape, you may also look into having them graded first. When it comes to really, really old stuff like that, the real money will normally only consider looking at graded cards. Most big collectors that are willing to fork out thousands of dollars on a set of cards are much more likely to fork out more if they know exactly what shape the cards are in. People tend to be a little more suspicious of old stuff that is not graded. Take them to the US National or the Toronto Expo and talk to the graders personally. They may even give you a break on the price if you ask about the whole set at the same time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast