Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bulls Phoenix Suns

NBA looking to fine floppers.....

NBA finalizing flopping procedures

Updated: September 27, 2012, 8:42 PM ET

ELIZABETH, N.J. -- The NBA is about to act in hopes of stopping the floppers.

Spokesman Tim Frank said Thursday the league is finalizing procedures to deal with flopping, the art of falling down when little or no contact was made in an effort to trick referees into calling a foul.

The procedures likely will involve a postgame review of the play by the league office, rather than an official calling an infraction during the game, Frank said. Players likely would be fined if the league determined they flopped.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/84...ayers-flopping
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this post-game review that is going to be put into place really does stop the floppers in the NBA.

What do the rest of you think?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am sooo all for this!

But you know whats going to happen if this goes through right? They will overlook the superstars like they always do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I think flopping has been around for a long time.... I don't see why now they what to punish it. It should be on ref to call what a real foul is. They are highly trained and should know the different.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Offensive fouls imo are the #1 game changing call. Fining players won't last long because players will then complain to the players association. Besides, the outcome of the game is in the books and THAT's where your integrity lies. Have these refs grow some to blow the whistle (or don't) when the RULES apply. That is their job. The reason they want to address this after the game is that it's their biggest stars that's doing it.

Some kid can youtube the video between timeouts. Don't tell me you can't determine an obvious flop via replay instead of dancing with the mascot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I argeed this seems odd to me.... The calLs need to be on the refs shoulders.

Offensive fouls imo are the #1 game changing call. Fining players won't last long because players will then complain to the players association. Besides, the outcome of the game is in the books and THAT's where your integrity lies. Have these refs grow some to blow the whistle (or don't) when the RULES apply. That is their job. The reason they want to address this after the game is that it's their biggest stars that's doing it.

Some kid can youtube the video between timeouts. Don't tell me you can't determine an obvious flop via replay instead of dancing with the mascot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

That's not going to do anything. They should, in addition to levying a fine, call a technical foul for every flop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's not going to do anything. They should, in addition to levying a fine, call a technical foul for every flop.

How will they determine what a flop is? Will they have to check replay? If so that slows down the game so much. I can't stand that. It should be on refs shoulders to know whatna foul is and what isnt a foul.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

How will they determine what a flop is? Will they have to check replay? If so that slows down the game so much. I can't stand that. It should be on refs shoulders to know whatna foul is and what isnt a foul.

A delay is better than a wrong call.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think flopping has been around for a long time.... I don't see why now they what to punish it. It should be on ref to call what a real foul is. They are highly trained and should know the different.

100% correct.. Anyone that played ball or has watched ball knows this is how it is..Refs make the call..either a block or a charge..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Again.......it's their biggest stars doing it now. Keep in mind they turn their heads on obvious fouls to "control" the game situation. Give the people what they paid for. So good luck expecting them to call this real time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast