Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Blargh's Items on eBay

Rummage Sale: Kids pulls a Crosby Auto and sells it for $20.

I sell cards at a monthly rummage sale in my town. I live in the Arctic circle. My customer are just looking for players, not book value or investments. They care more about how the card looks rather than print run or whether it's a Victory or a Cup card. I was selling packs of 11/12 Pinnacle. One kid pulls a Game Night Sidney Crosby auto. He then sells it to another kid, his friend, for $20. These kids, age 12-14, have no idea of book value or would ever think to sell it on eBay. I never knew the kid pulled it until after he sold it. I don't know the value of that card but I would have estimated $50+ for it.

1) Does anyone know the BV or of a recent sale of the card? It's not priced in my beckett and there are no recent eBay sales/listing.
    2) Would you say anything to the kids? Both were very happy after the sale. I didn't say anything about it since both were happy and I don't believe the buyer was trying to rip off the seller. It's a case of neither then actually knowing the value of it.
    Hidden Content
    Home of the 1988-89 OPC Tribute Set

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robbypod's Items on eBay

i have a listing in the book at 100.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I wouldn't say a thing, perception is reality and both kids are happy! jmho
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That what the hobby is suppose to be(kids buying packs). I would not say anything.

D
    o
    n

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't say a thing, perception is reality and both kids are happy! jmho

That what the hobby is suppose to be(kids buying packs). I would not say anything.

Absolutely

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would say nothing as both are happy. We (adults) sometimes get too caught up in the value of cards and forget what the hobby really is. I don't even want to remember how many Wayne Gretzky Rookie cards I traded away for Winniepeg Jets cards or Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson cards as they were my idols in 1979. Where is that time macine. :O)