Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Jamarcus Russell possible comeback????

One of the biggest draft busts in NFL history is trying to re-kindle his football career. Yahoo! Sports has learned that JaMarcus Russell is planning a comeback attempt that he hopes will see him play in the league again. The former No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft has not played a single NFL snap since the 2009 season with the Oakland Raiders.The reclamation of Russell will follow a tricky road for a quarterback who was always known more for his physical blessings than technique. Russell, 27, who has effectively been out of football since tryouts with the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins in 2010, might find overcoming himself his biggest challenge. Currently at 308 pounds, Russell is down from the 320 pounds he weighed this past fall and has been focusing on cardio conditioning the past six weeks to lose the weight.
    “My first year out, I couldn’t watch football but after a while, I couldn’t keep the TV off. I got that itchy feeling but now I gotta watch it, gotta watch,” Russell said.
    “The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family. People would say [that] I didn’t love the game but that pisses me off. People don’t know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I’m a bust. I want show them I’m not. I’m committed to this now.”
    Yahoo! Sports has learned that Russell’s mentor through this whole process is former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton, who like Russell is a LSU product. Over the next couple months, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West, whose draft products include Joe Flacco and Patrick Peterson among others. In addition, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia (quarterback technique training), Olympian Ato Boldon (speed training and analysis), Dr. Robert Price of Elite Minds (mental and psychological analysis), former NFL wide receiver Quinn Early (disciplinary work and focus), former New York Giants quarterback Scott Brunner (reading defenses and classroom sessions) and NFL Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk (reading defenses) will work as part of the team trying to reclaim the quarterback’s promise.
    A former top pick, Russell never fulfilled his boundless athletic promise, including a 6-foot-6-inch 265 pound frame that looked more like that belonging to a tight end than someone under center. Complicating a comeback from a less than storied NFL career is the fact that Russell will need to overcome the negative perception stemming from his July 2010 arrest for codeine syrup without a prescription.
    He has taken steps to make amends for his mistakes, including frequently speaking to youth groups about his poor choices and arrest.
    “I’m not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who haven’t been there for me,” Russell said. “It feels funny not to go through a training camp, that’s just what I’m used to. It’s going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen.”
    Follow Yahoo! Sports' Kristian R. Dyer on Twitter @KristianRDyer
    Thanks to TEST Football Academy

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't really see why a team would give him a shot if they passed on people like Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb over the past couple of years and those guys were good QBs.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

His age and I guess his possible promise of a big arm.He is a bust

SCF Rewards
    Country

Country
    See Frizzzlecake's Items on eBay

I want him to play just so I can hear an announcer say, for the first time ever the QB outweighs a linemen!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

i want him to play just so i can hear an announcer say, for the first time ever the qb outweighs a linemen!

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Jets?

Sanchez, Tebow, and now Russell what a QB rotation that would be!!!

Just go back into your big mac filled hole Russell

SCF Rewards
    Country

In a continued attempt to push starting quarterback Mark Sanchez, the New York Jets have had "exploratory, informal discussions" regarding former No. 1 overall pick JeMarcus Russell, according to a Newark (N.J.) Star-Ledger Report. Similar to the thinking that led to the deal for Tim Tebow, the team remains concerned about Sanchez, who is guaranteed an $8.25 million salary in 2013, according to the paper. The failed Tebow experiment cost general manager Mike Tannenbaum his job. The Jets also had scouted college quarterbacks Geno Smith (West Virginia), Ryan Nassib (Syracuse) and Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech), according to the Star-Ledger. Russell recently decided to stage a comeback and hopes to return to the NFL next season.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm going to revive the Jamarcus Russell PC. I already bought 4 of his cards today. Hell while I'm at once the Jets sign another qb and the Sanchez card values bottom out I'm going to scoop some of his up on the cheap too. Hell it's low risk high reward.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast