Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

So Gomez Lands In San Jose

This will give their fans another reason for a face-palm at the end of the season when they again don't show up for the Conference Final.

700K per season from the Shorks.. Habs on the hook for millions still.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Boy it felt good to see Gomez in a other uniform in the newspaper this morning, made my day....

Don't care montreal had top buy him back. When a cancer is there, you need to remove it...

I never felt so off from a player in Montreal. They did what they had to do.

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

^ I wouldn't necessarily call Gomez a cancer. He was well liked by his peers and probably offered some vital advice to the young guys. But obviously, his play was lackluster and he was only worsening the on-ice team. It's been awesome to see him cleared out and Galchenyuk put in.

As bad as last season was, Galchenyuk can make that disastrous season worth it in the long run.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

He'll be very good value for $700k in a no-pressure, 3rd line role.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

Only reason Habs fans didn't like him was because of his contract. Tell me you wouldnt have him back at the price the sharks signed him for. Plus, he's an upgrade to Michal Handzus as our third line center. We didnt sign him to be another Joe Thornton or Logan Couture....

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

^ I wouldn't necessarily call Gomez a cancer. He was well liked by his peers and probably offered some vital advice to the young guys. But obviously, his play was lackluster and he was only worsening the on-ice team. It's been awesome to see him cleared out and Galchenyuk put in.

As bad as last season was, Galchenyuk can make that disastrous season worth it in the long run.

He'll be very good value for $700k in a no-pressure, 3rd line role.

Only reason Habs fans didn't like him was because of his contract. Tell me you wouldnt have him back at the price the sharks signed him for. Plus, he's an upgrade to Michal Handzus as our third line center. We didnt sign him to be another Joe Thornton or Logan Couture....

I do agree with all said. Gomez was a good person and when I said it was a cancer, I meant for the team as a whole and not to their teammates. The contract was taking a huge chunk on the amount the club can spend and was preventing them to get a other player that could do so much better. I never hated Gomez for his personality but for the salary he was getting and simply not producing at all. I guess this was part of Gainy legacy and it was simply time to turn the page. I am glad he can play this season as he is a good person and still has the caliber to play in NHL but not at the salary he was getting.