Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: An Atheist meets god.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I think this is funny. Atheist, who do not believe that god exists, arguing that he doesn't exist by claiming to know how this non-existing being would respond to someone who doesn't believe he exist.

What next, a video about how Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy respond? Or do atheist believe in them, so no video is pending?

The video isn't arguing the existence of a God; it is critiquing the basic religious premise that being a good person is not enough to get you into heaven. The only funny thing is the absurdity of the requirements needed to enter this mystical realm.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The video isn't arguing the existence of a God; it is critiquing the basic religious premise that being a good person is not enough to get you into heaven. The only funny thing is the absurdity of the requirements needed to enter this mystical realm.

Being a good person is subjective. If a person believes himself to be a good person, does that make him worthy of heaven? I ask because Charles Manson will gladly spend hours telling you how good of a person he is.

My comment was misleading. I was trying to say that atheist are trying to discredit a religious foundation when they don't even adhere to the belief that the deity exist, so expecting their opinion to carry weight and value is ludicrous. Quite frankly, I find it a bit looney that they are on some kind of mission to attack religion. It has an air of lunacy to it. If you don't believe in something, fine. Going around day after day attacking it, ranting and raving about how incorrect it is and making it some kind of life mission to discredit is OCD.

I also find it odd that many atheist are so blatantly bigoted. I never, ever hear an atheist ranting about the fallacies of Hindu or the idiocy of Islam. They only care about Christianity, which leads me to believe that they are not actually atheist but instead are bigots in atheist t-shirts.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I just think it's an immature video, and atheists who assume to know the answer of a being who "doesn't exist is ridiculous, arrogant and ignorant.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Being a good person is subjective. If a person believes himself to be a good person, does that make him worthy of heaven? I ask because Charles Manson will gladly spend hours telling you how good of a person he is.

My comment was misleading. I was trying to say that atheist are trying to discredit a religious foundation when they don't even adhere to the belief that the deity exist, so expecting their opinion to carry weight and value is ludicrous. Quite frankly, I find it a bit looney that they are on some kind of mission to attack religion. It has an air of lunacy to it. If you don't believe in something, fine. Going around day after day attacking it, ranting and raving about how incorrect it is and making it some kind of life mission to discredit is OCD.

I also find it odd that many atheist are so blatantly bigoted. I never, ever hear an atheist ranting about the fallacies of Hindu or the idiocy of Islam. They only care about Christianity, which leads me to believe that they are not actually atheist but instead are bigots in atheist t-shirts.

Regardless of how each of us views ourselves, this God is all-knowing so He would be able to distinguish the good and the bad people, IF that was the criteria needed to enter heaven. So it really isn't subjective at all in the eyes of the guy whose opinion counts. I am just guessing but I think most atheists spend time attacking religion because they see it as a destructive force and want to accelerate it's ultimate extinction. They attack Christianity because it is the religion they know and is therefore the easiest one to point out the absurdities.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The funny thing is, as per the Christian bible, the destruction of religion will come right before armaggedon where those atheists will be destroyed.
    So they're actually speeding up their own destruction.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The last 3 interviews of Manson, he has not proclaimed his greatness, he has warned people of how dangerous and deranged he is.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The funny thing is, as per the Christian bible, the destruction of religion will come right before armaggedon where those atheists will be destroyed.

Lemmings?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No thanks. I already ate.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Do actually believe that nonsense? Revelation is the biggest joke I've ever laid eyes to.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Do actually believe that nonsense? Revelation is the biggest joke I've ever laid eyes to.

Whether I believe it or not is irrelevant. The funniest part of the whole thing is so-called Christians fighting against it while waiting for it to happen. Should it prove true, both sides are actually fighting themselves. That makes me giggle.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast