Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I can still ship 4-6 cards in 2 cardboard re-inforced top-loaders, welded inside a PWE, and the outside of the PWE taped to death for $1.30

My PO guys have also made the decision to allow me to send 4 cards in 2 top-loaders inside a very small bubble envelope for $2.25 to Canada, when 75% of other Post Offices are charging $6.55-$7.00. Ouch!!

I am still relatively lucky, but shipping Lots out of 40 cards or more to Canada is over. Anything in a Box to Canada is Tout Finis

SCF Rewards
    Country

The new rates are rough for my Ebay sales as i try not to overcharge or undercharge for shipping.Has it hurt your trading or sales Alex?

Actually, yes it has.

I don't only sell cards, I sell many other things like jerseys, books, and just about anything that makes money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Yes I ship alot of bulk items bought at estate sales and auctions and shipping has become a killer.It is hard to get things to fir in those flat rate boxes.
    Actually, yes it has.

I don't only sell cards, I sell many other things like jerseys, books, and just about anything that makes money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Finally!!! Although it doesn't come close to making them a company that even breaks even, let alone break a profit. Most of their lose comes from pension and health care for their retired employees, but I still like that they cut saturday delivery. I'd love to see them reduce the days during the week where they deliver to residential. It's pretty wasteful to drive to every house in the country once a day and deliver junk mail. It seems like they could do away with tuesday and thursday delivery to residential as well.

I do think that I read something that congress actually had to allow them to do this. They've been discussing this for 2-3 years now. Makes sense the congress would be a reason why it got held up for so long.

on a side note I wonder how buyers on ebay will handle this. Some are already irrational when it comes to waiting for an item. With saturday delivery out will some feel they have to wait even longer for an item that would get delivered on monday rather than saturday?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm guessing shipping 100 base cards to Canada is now going to cost around $16.00, when it used to cost $6.00. I'm afraid to take a box over to the PO just to find out, as I don't have a decent scale here.

I sell 85% of my Hockey Cards to Canada and I am soon to be dead in the water.

look into UPS or FedEx. Not sure if they would be cheaper, but I run all of my large stuff through UPS. I do get the benefit of using my work discount which is pretty high since we have a huge account so I can't give you quotes that would be realistic for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes I ship alot of bulk items bought at estate sales and auctions and shipping has become a killer.It is hard to get things to fir in those flat rate boxes.

nice! that's what I do. Like I said, shipping isn't an issue for me since I get super cheap rates through work. I've bought a lot of larger things from people who resell just because they don't want to deal with the shipping. I'd definitely look into UPS or Fedex. They have brick and mortar stores and it always included some insurance and tracking. Plus it's pretty easy to get an insurance claim too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

look into UPS or FedEx. Not sure if they would be cheaper, but I run all of my large stuff through UPS. I do get the benefit of using my work discount which is pretty high since we have a huge account so I can't give you quotes that would be realistic for you.

Those are good options at time but what do you do when your customer uses a PO Box?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

You guys realize that they are still going to deliver packages on Saturday. Mail carriers get paid by the mile, so I fail to see how this will save the PO any money at all. The only way this makes sense is if they pay the carriers by hour on Saturdays, but it still wont save the PO very much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I have a PO box so all my mail will still be delivered there as normal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a PO box so all my mail will still be delivered there as normal.

Yeah, the carriers will still sort all the mail, put them in the PO boxes and run the packages. The only difference is they will not bring the other mail with them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast