Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country

Here it is: http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...2912232228.jpg (Jamey Carroll is the top one, Drew Butera is right below his).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jyosi3's Items on eBay

Got ya. As a die-hard Cleveland sports fan I'd die to have an owner spend 20 million on anyone, so I was a little shocked.

The difference between the Twins at spring training down in Fort Myers compared to in Minnesota is crazy. It is like Jekyll and Hyde. In 3 years of living in Florida I have gotten Mauer half a dozen times and the rest of the team as many times as I've wanted. Span and Revere are by far the two coolest guys though. If you ever have the time and money available for a trip to Fort Myers in February it would be well worth it to see all of those guys in a totally different light.

I really feel bad for you and the rest of the people in Minnesota who really support those guys and get shafted when they are all so nice down here.

BANNED

Country

Got ya. As a die-hard Cleveland sports fan I'd die to have an owner spend 20 million on anyone, so I was a little shocked.

The difference between the Twins at spring training down in Fort Myers compared to in Minnesota is crazy. It is like Jekyll and Hyde. In 3 years of living in Florida I have gotten Mauer half a dozen times and the rest of the team as many times as I've wanted. Span and Revere are by far the two coolest guys though. If you ever have the time and money available for a trip to Fort Myers in February it would be well worth it to see all of those guys in a totally different light.

I really feel bad for you and the rest of the people in Minnesota who really support those guys and get shafted when they are all so nice down here.

Yeah, the on the field stuff isn't a big deal to me. Everyone has their down years and stuff.

I've always been so surprised reading people's spring training successes because of how poor I always do up here. Lol I've been to trying to make it down the last couple of years, but haven't made it down yet. I had a trip planned with some family this year to go down for a week, but I gave it up to go to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Phoenix instead. Which was great cause I got tons of great autos including Magic Johnson and Reggie Miller, plus I'm a huge CBB fan.

I agree on Span and Revere. I like both of them. I have seen Revere sign at every game I've been to since he's been called up, last year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They definitely are all awesome down in Fort Myers, aside from Joe Mauer...yes, I'm holding a grudge until I get him. Span and Revere really are two of the coolest guys I've ever met. It must suck in Minnesota, but I can't imagine anybody's spirits are too high right now, either.

BANNED

Country

They definitely are all awesome down in Fort Myers, aside from Joe Mauer...yes, I'm holding a grudge until I get him. Span and Revere really are two of the coolest guys I've ever met. It must suck in Minnesota, but I can't imagine anybody's spirits are too high right now, either.

I don't blame you for holding a grudge. Lol I have an "autogrph sh!t list" of assorts where I hate on and grudge player/coaches till I get them. Lol Not a fan of Mauer really either. He talks up to the media but treats the fans like crap. People still love him just cause he was great and is the loacal guy.

It's currently a mess up here. the local sports station is cheering against the Twins and have a campaign going called the "Drive for 135" as in 135 losses, which would be the MLB record for most in a season, supposedly. Lo l

BANNED

Country

Went to the first night of the Howard Pulley Pro City League. Basically it's a bunch of college, former college, Euro and, on occasion, Current/Former NBA players. All of the Gophers basketball players are in it and are assigned to seperate teams, for the most part. It's basically a pick up league, players are assigned to teams, but don't always show, so replacements are brought in at times.

It's really low key, so I was hoping for a good night, but since it was at/hosted by the same people of the Nike EYBL debacle, I was cautious. This went way better.

I got there about 20 minutes before the 1st game was supposed to start, but one of the teams in the 1st game didn't have enough players, so they had to call some up and wait. I watched the game and after the game I got the three Gophers players who were on one of the teams. They were Wally Ellenson (incoming freshman), Julian Welch and Chris Halvorsen (walk on).

Also on their team was Former two time Big East Player of the year and 1st round NBA draft pick, Troy Bell. While the 2nd game was going on Troy was sitting a row in front of me, getting dressed and chatting with his friends. I didn't have anything for him to sign, but as he was getting up I asked him if we could get a pic, He said sure. And I got a pic with him. After the pic he shook my hand and asked me my name, said nice to meet you. Then I asked him if he I brought something to another game, would he sign it, he said "Oh yeah, bring whatever you've got"

After the 2nd game, which had 4 Gophers were supposed to be in, but only two showed up. I got Andre Hollins to sign my pic, but when he was signing a couple drops of sweat dripped on it and smeared it. Haha Most people would have been pissed, but I think it's kind of funny and adds a uniqueness to it. Plus I plan on getting everyone on a floorboard, instead when I get to home depot. I was kind of bummed at first, but not for more than 20 seconds. I skipped getting Kendal Shell (another walk on) after the 2nd game, cause I was tired andit was late, plus I'll be back.
    Pics below.

(From top/left to bottom/right) Andre Hollins (#1), Wally Ellenson (#3), Julian Welch (#00), Chris Halvorsen (#22). You can see the smears. Haha

Me and Troy Bell.

Recap:
    Andre Hollins 1/1 Custom logo 8x10
    Wally Ellenson 1/1 " "
    Julian Welch 1/1 " "
    Chris Halvorsen 1/1 " "
    Missed-
    Kendal Shell 0/1 Custom logo 8X10 (skipped)
    Maverick Ahanmisi 0/1 " " (Didn't show)
    Andre Ingram 0/1 " " (Same as Maverick)
    Tubby Smith 0/1 custom 8X10 (Had it from an earlier event, brought it just in case he was there checking up on his players, if that's even allowed)
    Trevor Mbakwe 0/1 Custom 8X10 (Brought it just in case he showed up to support his teammates, maybe he'll be there another time)

Probably going back tomorrow with different players playing.
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 06-20-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: additional info

BANNED

Country

Went back to the Howard Pulley Pro Am League. Not as big of a night as last night, but still a fun one.

For the first game, None of the Gophers that I would have recognized showed (Austin Hollins, Oto Osenieks and Elliot Eliason). Charles Buggs may have been there, but since he is an incoming freshman I don't know what he looks like. The first game was a good one. The 2nd game two Gophers (Rodney Williams and Joe Coleman) showed up. I got both of them on my (sweaty) logo 8X10, after the game. They were both real nice and cool.

I did find a couple of people to get at future games. Former Woffford stars Cameron Rundles (He put on a show tonight) and Jamar Diggs, plus 2012 Minnesota Mr. Basketball winner, Siyani Chambers, who is going to Harvard in the fall.

Recap:
    Joe Coleman 1/1 Logo 8x10
    Rodney Williams 1/1 Logo 8x10
    Missed-
    Austin Hollins 0/1 Logo 8x10 (no show)
    Oto Osenieks 0/1 Logo 8x10 (same as Hollins)
    Elliot Eliason 0/1 Logo 8x10 (same)
    Charles Buggs 0/1 Logo 8x10 (Either didn't show or I didn't see/recognize him)
    Tubby Smith 0/1 Custom 8x10 (same as last night)
    Trevor Mbakwe 0/1 Custom 8x10 (same as last night)

Updated pic:

(From Top left to bottom right) Andre Hollins (#1), Rodney Williams (#33), Dan Coleman (#11), Wally Ellenson (#3), Julian Welch (#00) and Chris Halvorsen (#22).

Not sure the next time I'll get down there. Maybe Friday night, but I have to be up early Saturday for work, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 06-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.

BANNED

Country

Finally made it back to the Howard Pulley Pro City League, tonight. Finally got a floorboard for the Gophers players and a custom 8X10 for Siyani Chambers (2012 Minnesota Mr.Basketball winner) during the 5 day break. Went into tonight expecting to get a few, since there was a lot of Gophers supposed to be there tonight. I made an absolute killing. It was one of those nights were I won in both the quality and quantity department.

I got there about 20 minutes before the 1st game. Howard Pulley (Top MN AAU squad) was the only team there and were warming up. While I was watching them warm up a group of Gophers players walked past me, but I didn't get a good look at any of them. After they went two bleachers over and sat down I kinda peered over there. It was Mo Walker, Charles Buggs (incoming freshman), Austin Hollins (all playing in the 1st game). With them to watch was Maverick Ahanmisi and Trevor Mbakwe!!! So during halftime of the 1st game I walked over to where Mbakwe and Ahanmisi were sitting. Trevor looked at me as I was walikng over and I said to him "Can you sign a couple things for me quick?" He replied back "Yeah, I got you." So I had him sign the custom 8X10 of him that I had brought to the last two games and my floorboard. While he was signing the custom he asked if I had made it and I said yeah he responded "That's awesome." I then got Maverick to sign my floorboard also.

As the 1st game was winding down Siyani Chambers arrived and came over and talked to these guys sitting in front of me. He was about to walk away when he looked up towards me and I asked him if he could sign a picture for me. He said yes, and did. I asked him if he was excited for Harvard and he said "Yeah" Then I thanked him and he said "no problem."

After the 1st game I sat there for about 2 minutes, then went back over to where Mbakwe and Maverick were sitting. They had now been joined by their teammates, who just finished their game. I got Charles Buggs, Mo Walker and Austin Hollins to sign my floorboard. I then went back to my seats and as I sat down I saw Joe Coleman and Rodney Williams come in and head to their bench. I walked up to their bench as they were getting ready and got both of them to sign my floorboard.

Then as I was getting back to my seats AGAIN, I saw Andre Hollins come in I went over to get him to sign, while he was signing I noticed Andre Ingram was sitting next to him, so I got him to sign my floorboard, too. All in all I landed 11 autos and all before the 2nd game. That was everyone I needed, so I left after the 1st quarter of game 2.

Floorboard Angle 1.

Floorboard ange 2.

Trevor Mbakwe custom 8X10

Siyani Chambers custom 8X10.

Recap (forgot to post it last night):
    2012 Minnesota Mr.Basketball, Siyani Chambers 1/1, custom 8X10.
    Gophers star, Trevor Mbakwe 2/2, Custom 8X10 and team floorboard
    Charles Buggs 1/1 team floorboard
    Joe Coleman 1/1 team floorboard
    Rodney Williams 1/1 team floorboard
    Mo Walker 1/1 team floorboard
    Austin Hollins 1/1 team floorboard
    Andre Hollins 1/1 team floorboard
    Andre Ingram 1/1 team floorboard
    Maverick Ahanmisi 1/1 team floorboard

Going back tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Autofreak2842; 06-26-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added recap

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See orangecar02's Items on eBay

awesome stuff man!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@tnelson199310

this may be the best thread of ttms ever.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast