Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Duane thank you!....I needed a laugh for today and from your many posts i have found some good ones!

You have done nothing but to compare the products! On so many posts- please dont make go find them-Io am really tired and an unwanted search like that would just give me a headache. So lets use a banned product. Lawn darts! My fav childhood toy! We have banned the production of this item. # wheel ATVs we banned those here in the states. Or should we follow with all the product bans or product requirements that are law's today because people were either hurt or killed from their use?

Thus far you have failed one one simple means test in your debate. A valid reason to own an assault weapon! You have not give one!

Now Do i think a 100% ban will stop the deaths from assault weapons? No I am no living in some dream world. However, I do think it will slow the rate. A weapons ban is not the only aspect of this argument. Having armed guards in schools in NOT the answer, arming teachers is not the answer, having MORE GUNS is NOT THE ANSWER! PERIOD! Violence begets violence!

So a few additions to the NY proposals
    -Tougher back ground checks
    -tougher safety courses - Like taking drivers ed and needs to be required
    -Passing tests on gun safety - Just like when you get a driver permit and license - an yeah pass an vision test
    -renew gun licenses and permits - every 2 years
    -NO persons with mental health issues allowed a permit

not all of them but a darn good start

and Uncle Ted well he is gone bat stuff crazy! the pool is open on him fulfilling he threat!

SCF Rewards
    Country

-I m not finding one article to backup what you are saying about only hand guns were used

At 1:21 of this video you can clealy see the long rifle was still in the car. It actually looks more like a shotgun to me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Well where is Brushmaster .223?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

"Show me an assault weapons ban that worked."

Works very well in Canada, no problems whatsoever.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well where is Brushmaster .223?

Nobody knows, see my thread for other weird stuff about sandy hook

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

N.Y. Gov. Cuomo signs tough new gun bill into law

By Liz Goodwin, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – 5 hrs ago

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is signing a tough and sweeping new gun control bill into law late Tuesday.

The bill limits magazines to seven bullets; increases penalties for gun crimes; gives the state more power to take away guns from mentally ill people; and bans semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have a "military-style feature," such as a bayonet lug. The ban goes into effect immediately. People who already own such guns are grandfathered in but must register them with the state.

New York is the first state to pass a gun law since the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., sparked a national debate on gun violence.

"I am proud to be governor, not just because New York has the first bill, but because New York has the best bill," Cuomo said before signing it. "I'm proud to be a New Yorker because New York is doing something, we are fighting back."

The Republican-controlled Senate approved the bill on Monday night, with the Democratic Assembly approving it Tuesday afternoon. Blue state governors in several other states—including Connecticut, Maryland and Delaware—are also pushing for new gun laws.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...214040530.html

Watched this earlier from Senator Greg Ball;

Last edited by Zimbow; 01-16-2013 at 12:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

we are not using muzzle loaders or one shot guns any more, a handun with 5 bullets could still kill a hundred people in less than a minute

tell me how someone could not shoot as many rounds with a hand gun, here is the proof

this is just as dangerous as any full auto firearm

and now we have someone else determining what mental illness is and being able to take away guns for it. does this mean less people will be going to the doctor? more people will be calling in on their neighbors they think something is wrong with them?

increase prison time for criminals with guns, make the prisons real prisons, a voucher or tax write off for a gun owner who buys a safe,
    we could make every public building and school like the airports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Duane thank you!....I needed a laugh for today and from your many posts i have found some good ones!

You have done nothing but to compare the products! On so many posts- please dont make go find them-Io am really tired and an unwanted search like that would just give me a headache. So lets use a banned product. Lawn darts! My fav childhood toy! We have banned the production of this item. # wheel ATVs we banned those here in the states. Or should we follow with all the product bans or product requirements that are law's today because people were either hurt or killed from their use?

Thus far you have failed one one simple means test in your debate. A valid reason to own an assault weapon! You have not give one!

Now Do i think a 100% ban will stop the deaths from assault weapons? No I am no living in some dream world. However, I do think it will slow the rate. A weapons ban is not the only aspect of this argument. Having armed guards in schools in NOT the answer, arming teachers is not the answer, having MORE GUNS is NOT THE ANSWER! PERIOD! Violence begets violence!

So a few additions to the NY proposals
    -Tougher back ground checks
    -tougher safety courses - Like taking drivers ed and needs to be required
    -Passing tests on gun safety - Just like when you get a driver permit and license - an yeah pass an vision test
    -renew gun licenses and permits - every 2 years
    -NO persons with mental health issues allowed a permit

not all of them but a darn good start

and Uncle Ted well he is gone bat stuff crazy! the pool is open on him fulfilling he threat!

you realize in most of the school shootings, the second police show up, the gunman either surrenders or kills themselves. They keep shooting until someone shows up who can stop them. Given that, how would having an armed guard at school not be a solution? How does that fall under the violence begets violence category?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/gudger.asp

for example (which of course made next to no news)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

you realize in most of the school shootings, the second police show up, the gunman either surrenders or kills themselves. They keep shooting until someone shows up who can stop them. Given that, how would having an armed guard at school not be a solution? How does that fall under the violence begets violence category?

I think it's funny that people are against gun control so the government can't take over their home are perfectly in favour of that same government placing their children under the watch of armed guards.
    Basically saying, "The government might attack my house, but they'd never take my kids hostage," and then handing them over to armed government guards. The government is too incompetent to serve lunch, but they're capable of this.

Makes no sense on two levels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast