Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Westside Connection Collection

So, I decided to forget Canucks RCs and just focus on the guys who went through my hometown minor hockey association (Westside Minor Hockey). It takes me from chasing every Canucks RC to just looking for cards of 4 guys. Here's what I have so far, sorry for the bigger pics.

#1 - Steve Kelly - The only Stanley Cup winner WMHA has produced

#2 - Barry Brust - The best goalie to come out of Westside Minor Hockey, at the very least, he's gone the farthest

(yes I have 2)

#3 - Danny Watkins - At this point, the single most successful athlete to come out of WMHA. He never made it as a hockey player but went from never playing a down of football at age 21 to being picked in the first round of both CFL and NFL drafts a few short years later. Was a great friend to have in high school and I will never meet a nicer person

(if anyone has an idea how many of these Panini Draft Day patch cards were made, that would be awesome...maybe the guy here who works for them? Can't remember who it is)

#4 - Justin Schultz - Has a shot at eclipsing Danny's success, he's already made quite a name for himself as we all know. Again, really nice kid with a good head on his shoulders. He will captain an NHL team one day, I truly believe that. I don't have much for cards, but he doesn't have many out there

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Haha, nice start! Westbank er... West Kelowna is an awesome place

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Haha, nice start! Westbank er... West Kelowna is an awesome place

Hahaha, thank god I don't have to listen to that argument anymore. Most people finally agree Westbank is but one part of West Kelowna.

It's alright. A nice place to be from, anyway. I would absolutely love the Okanagan Valley if I had a bunch of money. There's almost as big a gap between rich and poor here as there is in Vancouver, but it is my pick for most beautiful spot in Canada.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great looking collection. Always cool to stick with the local guys.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So far I've got some pretty cheap players too ;)
    Thought, I think Schultz is gonna be expensive next season

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Some additions from the past 2 weeks

Kelly auto

Watkins #/55

Brust #/699

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

One more to add, this came in yesterday.

#/150
    Last edited by Wickabee; 08-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You've inspired me to do one with our hometown team, the Saginaw Spirit. Very awesome idea and great cards!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You've inspired me to do one with our hometown team, the Saginaw Spirit. Very awesome idea and great cards!

Good luck, that'll be pretty tough. I can only imagine how difficult doing all Kelowna Rockets who went to the bigs would be. Lucky for me, I only have 4 guys to chase (and 2 are no namers, one not a popular position in the hobby and the other...he'll be expensive next year).

Keep me updated on that one. I love PCs that have a point.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck, that'll be pretty tough. I can only imagine how difficult doing all Kelowna Rockets who went to the bigs would be. Lucky for me, I only have 4 guys to chase (and 2 are no namers, one not a popular position in the hobby and the other...he'll be expensive next year).

Keep me updated on that one. I love PCs that have a point.

Yea there is a lot of players, but many who are no namers and a couple decent namers. Would just be cool to obtain some things. And I agree, having a PC that has a point is awesome. I'll be interested to see how the Schultz goes for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast