Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which is the bigger sin in God's eyes?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Having an abortion

4 25.00%
  • Committing a homosexual act

1 6.25%
  • Both are equal in God's eyes

4 25.00%
  • Neither

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

My "opinions" are also backed up by logic.

I'm glad to hear that....since logic IS what I subscribe to.

So let's use logic shall we?

#1 Christianity is a religion.

#2 Religions have tenets, views, and rules.

#3 These tenets views, and rules must be obeyed in order to be considered faithful and loyal to said religion.

Do you logically agree with what I've said here?

If so, can you explain why and how some christians get to make up their own rules in regard to their beliefs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would not be able to do that because I don't know your personal life.

That's why I say some christians are hypocritical in this regard.

If you want to be a christian you must follow the rules.....I couldn't and didn't want to follow these rules and that's why I'm no longer a christian.

I don't agree with everything the church says. Some of it is completely hypocritical. That being said, many of what the church says I agree with. For the most part not on a spiritual level, that's not for them to tell me, but for me to find on my own, but on a level that best suites the present-day situations. You need to think of the consequences of the things you're promoting and ask yourself how they can be stopped. Want help? Listen to what the Church has to say.

Excuse me for jumping to conclusions, but adding in the part about that's what you're trying to get across to others on here, I took that as you saying I was hypocritical since you tend to argue with me the most.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I will answer yes to your first 2 questions but i have to volley here on questions 3.Correct me if i am worng but don't most religions have rules that need to be followed in order to be considred faithfull? Not just christianity.

#3 These tenets views, and rules must be obeyed in order to be considered faithful and loyal to said religion.

If so, can you explain why and how some christians get to make up their own rules in regard to their beliefs?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I completely disagree. The rules the Church puts out are suggestions to our best interest. It isn't a sin to have premarital sex, the church speaks against it due to the consequences it could cause.
    The only rules that have been looked at as definite rules are the 10 commandments which became fulfilled by the Beatitudes. The beatitudes aren't necessarily rules but goals to strive for. The commandments are pretty much basic things. Don't steal, don't kill, don't commit adultery, etc. Catholics have a different view on going to church every Sunday. I'd also like to throw in the biggest difference between Catholics and Protestants: Catholics believe that even if you've done good in your life and you havnt believed in God you're saved. Protestants don't believe this. Basically Protestants believe Ghandi won't be joining them but, who was the mass murderer psychopath that converted? I believe it's Charles Manson. He will be going to Heaven with them but someone like Ghandi won't.
    Last edited by Rowdy Gentleman; 02-28-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's not what I'm doing.

It's in the bible:

"Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!" (Romans 1:21-25).

That does not back up your point whatsoever. I fail to see what that has to do with you claiming a Catholic belief is held by all Christians. That does not say anything about sex within marriage for the sake of pleasure being a sin. Do you even read these before you post them?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know I am an Alex basher but this time I think we all are noticing that his point is not being made it is being missed.And he is just spewing out on this one.
    That does not back up your point whatsoever. I fail to see what that has to do with you claiming a Catholic belief is held by all Christians. That does not say anything about sex within marriage for the sake of pleasure being a sin. Do you even read these before you post them?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know I am an Alex basher but this time I think we all are noticing that his point is not being made it is being missed.And he is just spewing out on this one.

Him being Christian I would've thought he would have a better grasp on something he believed in at one point. The questions he asks me at an attempt to prevent me with coming up with an answer are questions easily answered. He's not doing a good job in his duty to advocate sin.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well Alex has made clear here on the boards he is a former christian.Now he is an advocate against the religion in some form.Usually he has good arguements but I think he ran dry on the same old story of defense.
    Him being Christian I would've thought he would have a better grasp on something he believed in at one point. The questions he asks me at an attempt to prevent me with coming up with an answer are questions easily answered. He's not doing a good job in his duty to advocate sin.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will answer yes to your first 2 questions but i have to volley here on questions 3.

Well, this is very interesting.

Because I don't think my logic is incorrect.

Rules are rules....like them or not, they were made to be obeyed.

Disobeying said rules is a clear sign of insubordination to the authority which has placed these rules.

It says it right there that god is against lust of impure hearts by dishonoring their bodies among themselves.

This has been interpreted to mean that certain sex acts are implicitly not allowed by god, and when lust is in the equation they are downright sinful.

Riddle me this....

Can one have sex without carnal desire?

Can one have recreational sex including foreplay, oral sex, and various sexual positions without any lust in it?

I do not think so.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, this is very interesting.

Because I don't think my logic is incorrect.

Rules are rules....like them or not, they were made to be obeyed.

Disobeying said rules is a clear sign of insubordination to the authority which has placed these rules.

It says it right there that god is against lust of impure hearts by dishonoring their bodies among themselves.

This has been interpreted to mean that certain sex acts are implicitly not allowed by god, and when lust is in the equation they are downright sinful.

Riddle me this....

Can one have sex without carnal desire?

Can one have recreational sex including foreplay, oral sex, and various sexual positions without any lust in it?

I do not think so.

Well, some would say lust can be replaced with love.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast