Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey guys... I'd say let's keep the cards to 4 or less for a total of approximately $20.. So.. 1 card at $20, or 2 to 4 cards that total $20! Football and basketball are acceptable... They just need to be pre-1990 :)

I dont know if youd know this but does it have to be the same number of cards if you take the lot?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jaik8165's Items on eBay

Hey guys... I'd say let's keep the cards to 4 or less for a total of approximately $20.. So.. 1 card at $20, or 2 to 4 cards that total $20! Football and basketball are acceptable... They just need to be pre-1990 :)

So we're not fans of my campaign to make them pre '95? lol... after that is when the parallel/insert/8 subset craze began. Well, actually Fleer started it in 92 with all those inserts, we just went south from there. Rather just chase those one man autos from 92-94, they'd pick ONE guy and that was the only big pull (still tryin to find a 94 ultra tony gwynn), nowadays I'd be surprised if anyone even GLANCES at the base cards when they open a pack.
    Last edited by jonathan91911; 07-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

funny man... I probably know more about coin collecting than I do modern cards, and I only know what a penny, nickel, dime and quarter is! lol.. (refractor parallel's)??

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember the first time I saw one of those 8 player fold-outs with the sig, gu, ser# on each, that's when I threw in the towel. Talk about a sign of the apocalypse!

BANNED

Country
    See sufi869's Items on eBay

^^^ I am 14 and was always saving my base and regular rc's. I have so many 2005 Topps Aaron Rodgers Rc's and a lot of Matt Flynn Chrome Rc's! I always use to collect base and rc's. Never hit anything really good til the past few years when I learned about inserts/autos/jerseys. And then I saw quad auto/dual auto and 1/1's and so much other junk that this hobby had turned into. The hobby was better off 15-20 years ago! You and I both threw in the towel pretty much. ( I still collect but have always liked older products better.)

BANNED

Country

funny man... I probably know more about coin collecting than I do modern cards, and I only know what a penny, nickel, dime and quarter is! lol.. (refractor parallel's)??

Same thing that happened to my grandpa, he collected til 95' and then stopped and then recollected this past year and has no clue what everything is and I try to teach him but I guess once you beigin and quit it is harder to get back in...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't get me wrong, one card with sigs and relics from ruth, gehrig, arod, and jeter that's a 1/1 is pretty awesome... but seriously? If not for the resell value, I'd be just as happy with a 90 score Kevin Maas. The 90's took collecting from a hobby to a gambling investment, hence the huge spike in pack/box sales and downfall of singles. But nobody's required to go with the flow of the hobby, we can collect whatever we want and that's why vintage will never die!

BANNED

Country

Yes 100% true^^^

SCF Rewards
    Country

So....... Who wants the cards? :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

So....... Who wants the cards? :)

See? Leave it to me to stall out the flow with my boo-boo batch. Hope they're not just sittin in the shadows waiting for something big to get posted... that'd defeat the whole purpose. Maybe I should re-post...?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast