Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fetus now has "Personhood" according to North Dakota.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics

The state senate and house have passed the bill...the people of ND have to approve or reject it in 2014.

However, let's see what will happen if it passes:

Quote Originally Posted by article
    If it passes, it will amend North Dakota's constitution to state that “the inalienable right to life of every human being at any stage of development must be recognized and protected.” The amendment would ban abortion in the state, without exceptions for rape, incest or life of the mother, and it could affect the legality of some forms of birth control, stem cell research and in vitro fertilization.

^If I was a women in ND and this passes.....I'm heading straight to Canada or South Dakota.

WOW....so the war on women is NOT real, right?

It's all made up.....but these stricter and stricter anti-abortion, anti-women's rights bill keep popping up everywhere.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-23-2013 at 06:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I don't see abortion in general as anti women, but pro baby.

without exceptions for rape, incest or life of the mother, and it could affect the legality of some forms of birth control, stem cell research and in vitro fertilization

but this is nonsense and needs to be deal with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol pro baby....except this bill has nothing to do with babies.

It has to do with zygotes and fetuses.

The way this country is attacking the reproductive rights of women, I wouldn't be shocked if they started to ban "the pill" next...

Yes, these bills are VERY anti-women.

As much as the GOP might hate abortion, it has been legal for over 40 years in the U.S....and what they are attacking, is women's rights to decide what they get to do with their own bodies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

like i said there is a huge part of this bill I do not like for several reasons

but abortion itself is about a baby, a human, a soon to be adult, call it what you will, but if left unharmed there is a great chance it will be all those one day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great news

SCF Rewards
    Country

like i said there is a huge part of this bill I do not like for several reasons

but abortion itself is about a baby, a human, a soon to be adult, call it what you will, but if left unharmed there is a great chance it will be all those one day.

We've been through this before Shrew.....it's called "Viability".

And until a fetus reaches that state....it is NOT a person and therefore has ZERO rights.

This is the way Roe vs. Wade was ruled.

They said that a woman's rights take precedent over a fetus which has not reached viability.....and when you think about it, it makes sense.

We have to draw the line somewhere!

Is a fetus WITHOUT a brain and/or Heart a human being?

Are you going to tell me that a zygote is a human being?

What about a sperm?

I know you don't like abortion.....neither do I!

If my gf ever got pregnant I would hope that she would take responsibility (of course so would I) and go through with it.

HOWEVER, ultimately it is her decision what she wants to do.

It is HER body.....and that zygote and later fetus is NOT a "person" until it reaches viability.

Until that time period, she has every right to do as she pleases.....WHATEVER her reasoning is, it must be acknowledged.

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex, we will always do this over and over again

what ever stage it is in will evolve into a human if left unharmed

but I would not picket abortion clinics or tell women they are wrong, it is their constitutional right

SCF Rewards
    Country

what ever stage it is in will evolve into a human if left unharmed

Correct....but you're telling me that cells and brainless fetuses have MORE rights than the woman carrying it?

You're talking in future tense.

I'm talking in present tense.

It's like saying...."Sure, right now this 15 year old can't legally drink alcohol....but eventually he will be legal, so we might as well let him drink since eventually he'll be able to."

That doesn't make much sense.

Lets suppose that a woman finds out she's pregnant one month in....she's scared, she doesn't have a lot of money, maybe she's not in a committed relationship and the father doesn't want anything to do with her now that he's found out, she feels trapped, and decides that she can't go through with it.

Why force her to bear something she doesn't want to?

That baby will come into a world of regret, poverty, and possibly abuse.

And I hate to turn the topic into something else, but the same GOP that wants to FORCE women to have kids, also DON'T want to help single moms with welfare, food stamps, and other benefits to help raise that child.

Seriously.....this is so messed up!

And if one day abortion were to become illegal, I fear we would see a big spike in child abuse, poverty, back alley abortions which lead to horrific deaths, higher infant mortality rate due to complicated pregnancies, and suicide.

I really would hate to be a woman right now in this country.....even as a man, I am scared at this horrific future.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

but this is nonsense and needs to be deal with.

I see this as circumventing Roe vs Wade and nothing more. Basically, this move is unconstitutional.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

The bill will not matter and nor will the vote in 2014. This is the measure that will bring it to the Supreme court. This is the action that Anti-abortionists have been waiting for. I do not believe that this will be voted upon by the people in that state.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast