Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Atlanta Braves Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Titans

What kind of stuff would you like to see at a card show?

Hey guys.I am setting up at another show in a few weeks, and wanted to throw this out.

I am not talking cards, but other things.. supplies.. anything.. What would you wanna see at the show that you dont normally see? I picked up some football and baseball cases, and some other things. What else would you want to see at a table?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

It's been so long since I've been to a show & I don't know if this is common practice or not anymore, but I remember attending one once where the dealer had a notebook out for people attending to write down their collecting wants & contact information for them to look into at a later date if they didn't have what the buyers were looking for right then & there. I got a call from the guy a few weeks later with a list of cards he had for my PC. It was really helpful.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If the card show circuit is anything like the fish and reptile circuit any supplies you try to sell had better be pretty close to online prices or it will be a waste of your time. The only thing that might sell would be smaller quantities. Having 10 top loaders or 20 pages shipped might not be practical for some people so if you could buy a 100 lot or a 1000 lot and split them up they might sell. If people want 100 lots they will just go on line and buy them themselves so unless you have a source that beats online prices don't bother trying to do that. You may not sell a lot and you probably aren't going to make a ton on them anyway so don't go out and buy a 1000 pages if they are not something you will use yourself. You don't want to invest money on things that will just lie around if you don't sell them. Unfortunately I'm guessing that is already being done so you would have a lot of competition.

Of course if you have a couple of 100 packs laying around that you are not planning on using for a while it never hurts to put them out a a little over what it would cost you to replace them. If you can get 12 bucks for them now and it will cost you 10 to replace them in a month that's 2 bucks in your pocket and someone may be willing to spend a few dollars extra to not have to wait for shipping.

I like to try and bring things that I know I can replace on special. That way I can often time beat online prices. If I have to replace them at my regular prices I usually don't bother bringing them because there are usually a few high rollers there that have stuff priced pretty cheap. Cheaper than I could sell them at and not lose money.
    Last edited by sschind; 11-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love the <$1 insert boxes I can dig through for set building.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's been so long since I've been to a show & I don't know if this is common practice or not anymore, but I remember attending one once where the dealer had a notebook out for people attending to write down their collecting wants & contact information for them to look into at a later date if they didn't have what the buyers were looking for right then & there. I got a call from the guy a few weeks later with a list of cards he had for my PC. It was really helpful.

This is actually a great idea that I've never seen a dealer implement. It would be really helpful to both the dealers and buyers.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

This is actually a great idea that I've never seen a dealer implement. It would be really helpful to both the dealers and buyers.

+1

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

I will try that out guys.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

I will try that out guys.

Good luck & hey, if it works out I'm always looking for Yastrzemski's that I need!

Seriously though, I haven't been to a show in probably 10-12 years now, and besides the one National that I've been to, that one with the notebook sticks out in my mind more than any of the hundreds that I've been to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck & hey, if it works out I'm always looking for Yastrzemski's that I need!

Seriously though, I haven't been to a show in probably 10-12 years now, and besides the one National that I've been to, that one with the notebook sticks out in my mind more than any of the hundreds that I've been to.

Its funny how the simple things often go overlooked. I hear it all the time "yeah, I'll keep my eyes open and if I see anything I'll let you know" and then no contact information changes hands. How are you going to let him know if you don't know who he is or how to get in touch with him. Business cards are fine but I have a pile of them and unless I remember to write on the back what it is regarding I just go "now why do I have this guys card" I do have a notebook in my store for that very reason but in my case 99% of the time when I call the people back they have either changed their mind, changed their number or already bought what it was they were looking for.

Its still a great idea.

Also, if you don't already have business cards I'd make some up. You can get blanks and print your own simple ones or go to vistaprint.com and get some really cheap. that way even if you take someones name down in your notebook you can give them a card and they can get back to you.

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

I do have business cards.

Anyone else?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast