Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oregon bakery refuses to bake cake for a gay couple.

^I think that one man said it best.

Any business can refuse service to any customer for whatever reason.....however, when that reason is solely based on your sexual orientation....that's a crime.

And yes....this bakery is being investigated by the Department of Justice, and I hope justice is indeed made.

SCF Rewards
    Country

BTW....this became national news, and SUPPOSEDLY, the bakery owner went on facebook and had a huge racist and bigoted filled rant....which he later said he never wrote and that his facebook account had been hacked.

http://glmorrison.com/2013/02/05/no-...-cake-for-you/

What if my religion said that a certain race were inferior and thus as a business owner I refused service to said race based on my "religious beliefs"?

That's nonsense.

You can believe whatever you want to, but as a business you can't discriminate.

I think this is a simple one....if you can't provide business to a certain type of people, then you shouldn't be in business.

As an atheist, I would gladly give my business to anyone.....my objective is money (profit).
    Last edited by JustAlex; 02-22-2013 at 04:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

remember when a shop rite refused to make a kids birthday cake because his name was adolph Hitler?

first off I think this is dumb and would not shop there, but why is it a law in only 24 states?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Everyones objective is profit...if he wants to refuse service good for him. That's the American way. That's why there is another bakery down the street that you can go to. If he wants to miss out on profits, more power to him! He might not be in business long though!

BTW....this became national news, and SUPPOSEDLY, the bakery owner went on facebook and had a huge racist and bigoted filled rant....which he later said he never wrote and that his facebook account had been hacked.

http://glmorrison.com/2013/02/05/no-...-cake-for-you/

What if my religion said that a certain race were inferior and thus as a business owner I refused service to said race based on my "religious beliefs"?

That's nonsense.

You can believe whatever you want to, but as a business you can't discriminate.

I think this is a simple one....if you can't provide business to a certain type of people, then you shouldn't be in business.

As an atheist, I would gladly give my business to anyone.....my objective is money (profit).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

So should this company be prosecuted for discriminating against skinny people and men?

Body Exchange in Vancouver has a strict policy that only allows plus-size women to join their fitness center.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1098725

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If I running a business my motto would be all are welcome regardless or race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, or any other trivial matter. Here the only color that we are concerned with is green.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

If I running a business my motto would be all are welcome regardless or race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, or any other trivial matter. Here the only color that we are concerned with is green.

And most business people would agree with you. The question is are we going to allow businesses in the U.S. to choose not to serve a subset of customers or is this a crime?

SCF Rewards
    Country

And most business people would agree with you. The question is are we going to allow businesses in the U.S. to choose not to serve a subset of customers or is this a crime?

We have to have standards. If someone is coming into your place of business acting like a jerk and causing a scene then yes the business should have every right to refuse them service. However someone's sexual oreintation just like their race or skin color has no bearing on the business or its clients and therefore should be legally protected. If it is ok to discriminate against gays then it should be ok to discriminate against christians as well.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

So you think a business that serves only obese women should be prosecuted for discrimination?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you think a business that serves only obese women should be prosecuted for discrimination?

What would be the nature of the business? If they are only providing a service that is applicable to women then no.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast