Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well we could look at the "jobless" numbers or the "unemployed" numbers or the "looking for work" numbers or the "called in sick to many times to be considered working" numbers or...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I guess you don't know how unemployment benefits work?

here are Ohio's laws;

There are two types of requirements. The first type of requirement is monetary (weeks and wages). The applicant must meet all of the following:

Be unemployed at the time of filing
    Have at least 20 qualifying weeks of covered employment in the base period
    Earn an average weekly wage of at least $230.00 (this amount changes each year)
    The second type of requirement is nonmonetary (unemployment must be through no fault of the applicant).

as you can see you cannot file for UE benefits without first having a job and then losing the job, thus the more who sign up for UE benefits shows more people have lost their jobs. Fudge as they like, you can't get around the facts.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah but if you later look at the purple monkey dishwasher numbers, you'll see only 3 people worldwide are out of work, though 7 are unemployed and 15 are looking for work.

My point is, when you have several equations trying to find the same answer, none of it means anything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

when you file for unemployment in Ohio you must have had worked and our now unemployed, thus the more who sign up for unemployment means the more that lost jobs recently, which equates to less people working and reflects higher unemployment.

but I do agree there are so many ways to count it, so politicians can use their fuzzy math, it is crazy. but you cannot argue when the number of people seeking unemployment rises it doesn't mean higher unemployment, it simply does.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

How long do you have to file after you lose said job? If it's longer than the time period being measured, then there is more uncertainty.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, I am not sure, never been on it. I do know they want you to sign up within a week.

but it is a real slippery slope to figure out.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah, there's usually a huge difference between what they want and what they allow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

wickabee, I am not sure, never been on it. I do know they want you to sign up within a week.

but it is a real slippery slope to figure out.

Im not going to play with my money. The couple of time that I was laid off I filed for unemployment the next business day. Why would you wait a week to get money that you worked hared and paid into the system for?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So we're deciding to bank on the average American being exactly like you?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The important figure is that it is down, Year To Date. I don't know how that's possible with all the uneducated people in the USA and very few uneducated jobs above minimum wage.

What is your definition of uneducated?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast