Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Pelosi goes after Free Speech...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...irst-amendment
    The First Amendment of the Constitution says, in part, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..."

Imagine what its going to be like when Obama is a lame duck president come november. What will they try and get away with ?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I don't see a problem with what they are trying to do. I guess you will find out after November because we all know he will be re-elected :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

The Supreme Court has been tilting the balance toward corporations and away from individuals steadily for the last 10 years or so, with their ruling on eminent domain and corporations money equaling protected speech. Considering how the government has been bending over backwards to throw money at corporations while blatantly letting individual citizens wallow in poverty, maybe something of this does need to be discussed in a practical, non-hyperbolic manner.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

This sounds pretty good to me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not surprisingly, this bill is sponsored by the side that already has the bulk of the media willingly spreading it's propaganda for free.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

Not surprisingly, this bill is sponsored by the side that already has the bulk of the media willingly spreading it's propaganda for free.

If it were restricting the free speech of individuals I would have a huge problem with it. But corporations are not individuals though some people like to push the idea that they are. In reality they are huge money machines that can have heavy influence on politics by pumping large sums of money into political campaigns with barely any oversight. I think the actual individuals of this country have every right to know who funds a candidates campaign. As far as I can tell from the linked article that's the goal of this legislation. So what's the big deal?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

+1

Corporations have a right to influence their business environments...they also have a right to take their business to another country if their business environment isn't satisfactory. The people all for increased regulations on corporations are the same ones who blame corporations for moving overseas...you can't have it both ways.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If it were restricting the free speech of individuals I would have a huge problem with it. But corporations are not individuals though some people like to push the idea that they are. In reality they are huge money machines that can have heavy influence on politics by pumping large sums of money into political campaigns with barely any oversight. I think the actual individuals of this country have every right to know who funds a candidates campaign. As far as I can tell from the linked article that's the goal of this legislation. So what's the big deal?

The first amendment does not protect the rights of free speech of just individuals. It protects all speech as long as is it not inflammatory or inciting a riot.

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Massachusetts), who is also sponsoring the amendment, said, “I've introduced a People's Rights Amendment, which is very simple and straightforward. It would make clear that all corporate entities, for-profit and non-profit alike, are not people with constitutional rights.

The simple fact is that the goal of this legislation is to limit the vocie of the pople who can not afford to run ads themselves, who do not have their own TV show and who do not have a network of news agencies at their disposal.

What this would do is make it illegal for me and a couple of friends with similar ideas to pool our funds and print up posters, run a radio ad or buy a TV ad. Since we would not be doing it as individuals we would be in violation of this attempted amendment.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

The first amendment does not protect the rights of free speech of just individuals. It protects all speech as long as is it not inflammatory or inciting a riot.

The simple fact is that the goal of this legislation is to limit the vocie of the pople who can not afford to run ads themselves, who do not have their own TV show and who do not have a network of news agencies at their disposal.

What this would do is make it illegal for me and a couple of friends with similar ideas to pool our funds and print up posters, run a radio ad or buy a TV ad. Since we would not be doing it as individuals we would be in violation of this attempted amendment.

Then it will most likely pass since it is the corporate interests that own Congress and don't want any competing views to have any say.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Then it will most likely pass since it is the corporate interests that own Congress and don't want any competing views to have any say.

The whole goal of the liberals supporting this is to stifle the voice of corporate interest. Why would a "corporate controlled Congress" vote to stop themselves from speaking out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast