Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

There is a large contingent of Americans that believe in a limited, constitutional government focused on individual freedom and liberty. Although many held their noses and voted for Romney, a subset just stayed home because the Republican party has already shown that they cannot deliver this traditional American that they want.

What this election is going to reveal to many is that the demographics are not in their favor as more people from the third world come to the U.S. These people are used to a strong central government so where are they going to learn about limited government? The media reviles the base of the limited government movement, the Tea Party, as evil and racist. They certainly won't get it from them. Our education system from top to bottom is extremely liberal, they certainly won't learn it from them.

Some of these people will not sit idly by as the government takes away more personal freedoms. However, I expect that the Federal Government will implode upon itself under the massive debt before any violence occurs. Make no mistake though, we have never been more divided, as slowly over time we have moved farther and farther away from the limited, constitutional government this country was founded on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

There is a large contingent of Americans that believe in a limited, constitutional government focused on individual freedom and liberty. Although many held their noses and voted for Romney, a subset just stayed home because the Republican party has already shown that they cannot deliver this traditional American that they want.

What this election is going to reveal to many is that the demographics are not in their favor as more people from the third world come to the U.S. These people are used to a strong central government so where are they going to learn about limited government? The media reviles the base of the limited government movement, the Tea Party, as evil and racist. They certainly won't get it from them. Our education system from top to bottom is extremely liberal, they certainly won't learn it from them.

Some of these people will not sit idly by as the government takes away more personal freedoms. However, I expect that the Federal Government will implode upon itself under the massive debt before any violence occurs. Make no mistake though, we have never been more divided, as slowly over time we have moved farther and farther away from the limited, constitutional government this country was founded on.

I'll just respond to this by quoting conservative commentator David Frum, who says this better than I could:

Compare the United States of 2012 to the United States of 1962. Leave aside the obvious points about segregation and discrimination, and look only at the economy.
    In 1962, the government regulated the price and route of every airplane, every freight train, every truck and every merchant ship in the United States. The government regulated the price of natural gas. It regulated the interest on every checking account and the commission on every purchase or sale of stock. Owning a gold bar was a serious crime that could be prosecuted under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The top rate of income tax was 91%.
    It was illegal to own a telephone. Phones had to be rented from the giant government-regulated monopoly that controlled all telecommunications in the United States. All young men were subject to the military draft and could escape only if they entered a government-approved graduate course of study. The great concern of students of American society -- of liberals such as David Riesman, of conservatives such as Russell Kirk, and of radicals such as Dwight Macdonald -- was the country's stultifying, crushing conformity.
    Even if you look only at the experiences of white heterosexual men, the United States of 2012 is a freer country in almost every way than the United States of 1962.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The people looking for "the good ol' days" apparently don't care about civil rights and freedoms.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (17)
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Minnesota Twins Minnesota Timberwolves
    See Alwaysabc's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr
    Member is PayPal Verified

The people looking for "the good ol' days" apparently don't care about civil rights and freedoms.

Why would they care about those things? The majority. I said majority so please don't get your panties in a bunch. I understand it is not everyone. Are Caucasian and are not effected for the most part by these issues.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why would they care about those things? The majority. I said majority so please don't get your panties in a bunch. I understand it is not everyone. Are Caucasian and are not effected for the most part by these issues.

Everyone is effected in one way or another. I can see you said majority as I can read. I don't know about you, but I don't wear panties.

There was really no need for that level of hostility. The fact remains those who want things the way they were should join the Amish. They're useless in today's progressive society.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (17)
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Minnesota Twins Minnesota Timberwolves
    See Alwaysabc's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr
    Member is PayPal Verified

no hostility meant sorry if it came across that way. Was just trying to make a point the regressive people that want thing like old times typically are Caucasian from my personal experiences. The panties comment was for the flames I was expected to get from people. I was not attempting to point any fingers again sorry if it seemed like i was.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I'll just respond to this by quoting conservative commentator David Frum, who says this better than I could:

Compare the United States of 2012 to the United States of 1962. Leave aside the obvious points about segregation and discrimination, and look only at the economy.
    In 1962, the government regulated the price and route of every airplane, every freight train, every truck and every merchant ship in the United States. The government regulated the price of natural gas. It regulated the interest on every checking account and the commission on every purchase or sale of stock. Owning a gold bar was a serious crime that could be prosecuted under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The top rate of income tax was 91%.
    It was illegal to own a telephone. Phones had to be rented from the giant government-regulated monopoly that controlled all telecommunications in the United States. All young men were subject to the military draft and could escape only if they entered a government-approved graduate course of study. The great concern of students of American society -- of liberals such as David Riesman, of conservatives such as Russell Kirk, and of radicals such as Dwight Macdonald -- was the country's stultifying, crushing conformity.
    Even if you look only at the experiences of white heterosexual men, the United States of 2012 is a freer country in almost every way than the United States of 1962.

Small potatoes when compared to the Presidential kill list that allows one person to be judge, jury, and executioner of U.S. citizens. Free speech? Ask the filmmaker who was recently jailed for making the video that was fraudulently blamed for the Benghazi tragedy. We have a whole litany of crimes committed by financial institutions against the American people and the Federal Government protected them from prosecution and then went ahead and extracted more wealth from U.S. citizens to pay off the big banks bad debts. We have Federal Reserve policy that purposely prints money to inflate prices which is literally stealing dollars from U.S. citizens as the money they have earned becomes worth less and less. And you're smoking crack if you think you have any right to privacy in this country. If the government wants to, they can get access to any information they want, listen to any conversation you have, and intercept any email you send. I could go on, but you get the idea.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Small potatoes when compared to the Presidential kill list that allows one person to be judge, jury, and executioner of U.S. citizens. Free speech? Ask the filmmaker who was recently jailed for making the video that was fraudulently blamed for the Benghazi tragedy. We have a whole litany of crimes committed by financial institutions against the American people and the Federal Government protected them from prosecution and then went ahead and extracted more wealth from U.S. citizens to pay off the big banks bad debts. We have Federal Reserve policy that purposely prints money to inflate prices which is literally stealing dollars from U.S. citizens as the money they have earned becomes worth less and less. And you're smoking crack if you think you have any right to privacy in this country. If the government wants to, they can get access to any information they want, listen to any conversation you have, and intercept any email you send. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Has this ever happened to you?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No argument that they're mostly Caucasian. Mostly men too. Think about it.
    Woman: Remember the good old days when we couldn't vote?
    Black: Remember the good old days when we had to sit in the back of the bus?
    Gay: Remember the good old days when we'd be rounded up and beaten?
    Asian: Remember building the railroads and the WWII internment camps? Good times

It goes on and on and none of it makes sense. Of course it's mostly old white males. They should join the Amish if they want things "like it was"

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Did that guy actually go to jail for the video?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast